Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 2-0 Sevilla - Results & Man of the Match

Tuesday 14 March 2017, 19:45
UEFA Champions League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 2

Morgan 27, Albrighton 54

Sevilla 0

Total Votes: 262

FoxesTalk Man of the Match: Kasper Schmeichel

1. Kasper Schmeichel : 9.42
  2. Marc Albrighton : 9.17
  3. Christian Fuchs : 9.03
  4. Wes Morgan : 8.71
  5. Jamie Vardy : 8.64
  6. Wilfred Ndidi : 8.57
  7. Robert Huth : 8.47
  8. Danny Simpson : 8.47
  9. Danny Drinkwater : 8.26
  10. Riyad Mahrez : 8.22
  11. Shinji Okazaki : 8.01
  12. (SUB) Daniel Amartey : 7.09
  13. (SUB) Islam Slimani : 6.93

Team Performance: 8.38 (1/40)

Manager Performance: 9.03 (1/40)

Opposition Performance: 6.14 (16/40)

Officials Performance (Ref: Daniele Orsato): 6.15 (17/40)

Overall Manager Confidence: 99.23%

Just now, foxfanazer said:

They both got over 8 ratings. Hardly having something against them is it?

8 doesn't matter in this case when everyone's rating sky rocketed. Fact is that they are the worst rated of the starting XI. Shinji ran his socks off and linked up well. Mahrez should have 2-3 assists and put a solid defensive shift. an't believe they're behind Simpson or Drinkwater.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

8 doesn't matter in this case when everyone's rating sky rocketed. Fact is that they are the worst rated of the starting XI. Shinji ran his socks off and linked up well. Mahrez should have 2-3 assists and put a solid defensive shift. an't believe they're behind Simpson or Drinkwater.

Making something out of nothing

Just now, AKCJ said:

Mahrez and Shinji worst two players? lollollollol This forum.

They got ratings of 8. That's pretty high. It's not like everyone got a 9 but those two were given a 3.

Someone has to be bottom of the list. Everyone can't be MOTM .

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nice cop-out.

How is it a cop out? Nobody had a bad game and that's reflected in the ratings. Shinji didn't play the whole game and Mahrez had a lot of defensive duties to do. If they both had 6 ratings I'd agree that their is some sort of vendetta 

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

They got ratings of 8. That's pretty high. It's not like everyone got a 9 but those two were given a 3.

Someone has to be bottom of the list. Everyone can't be MOTM .

Absolutely, just not two of the best performing players.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely, just not two of the best performing players.

Mahrez was the best performing player (and I'm not even using bias). Go see who is MOTM on WhoScored.

Edit: Kasper deserves all the credit in the world, of course, as do all of the players. 

29 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Mahrez was the best performing player (and I'm not even using bias). Go see who is MOTM on WhoScored.

Edit: Kasper deserves all the credit in the world, of course, as do all of the players. 

Just looked on Whoscored, Mahrez had the most tackles out of both team's players, with 6 tackles :blink: Ndidi had 2 lol

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

Just looked on Whoscored, Mahrez had the most tackles out of both team's players, with 6 tackles :blink: Ndidi had 2 lol

Right. But, all of this doesn't matter. He will always be underrated here as he has been all along. I don't give a darn about these ratings anymore.

36 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Only to be expected from those who only see the obvious. His significant influence is often off-the-ball and it takes a deeper knowledge of the game to realise that. I think he's been integral to the revival and was probably waiting for his team mates to re-focus. As for Mahrez - for the first time I noticed him working his bollocks off for the team. And, the one or two moments of genius he can, and often does provide. are all it takes to change a game.

He got an 8 rating. What are you talking about?

53 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Only to be expected from those who only see the obvious. His significant influence is often off-the-ball and it takes a deeper knowledge of the game to realise that. I think he's been integral to the revival and was probably waiting for his team mates to re-focus. As for Mahrez - for the first time I noticed him working his bollocks off for the team. And, the one or two moments of genius he can, and often does provide. are all it takes to change a game.

I absolutely agree. A shame you don't post more often as it is a pleasure to read you. 

Just now, Gerbold said:

Not sure - I wasn't informed. I took a pop at someone who didn't like my criticism of the "who do we want as manager" thread being started so soon after Claudio go the push - seemed disrespectful. Then someone else called me an "intellectual bully" because of the reply - I'm assuming one of the moderators agreed with him.

I guess putting people down for being daft (much as I sympathise and sometimes have to stop myself from doing) is not really ok. If indeed that's what you did...

Maybe the emotion of the occasion had something to do with it but I found it extremely hard to compare/evaluate individual performances in the win over Sevilla, for me it was the ultimate team effort and, as such, I gave every starter an equal 10.

Not because they were perfect performers in everything they did but because they combined so bravely, defiantly and inspiringly to produce a perfect outcome against considerable odds and by each contributing their particular skills to that unforgettable result.

I thought long and hard before making that decision.

But in the end I felt it was pointless trying to value Fuchs's best individual performance of the season with the vital saves of Kasper, the immensity of our centre-backs in the air, two collectors item goals, the sight of Simpson approaching the halfway line on a mazy run in which he beat someone and all the other wonderful moments that contributed to an overall performance that made me so proud of them and so thrilled to be there being a part of it.

Just one weak link would probably have cost us that match. But there were none. Never was "All for one, one for all," better defined and I'd include the fans, our owners for placing all those flags and the people who provided the banners in that because the atmosphere we created was another 10. 

16 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

How is it a cop out? Nobody had a bad game and that's reflected in the ratings. Shinji didn't play the whole game and Mahrez had a lot of defensive duties to do. If they both had 6 ratings I'd agree that their is some sort of vendetta 

How's that a reason to get a lesser rating than the others? Unless you have 6 lungs or are on drugs, you can't play 90 minutes at this rythm.

When he doesn't defend, he's slagged off, when he does, it's a reason to be rated worse than the others. He just can't win on this forum. 

It's not a vendetta but I'm scratching my head at people's expectations. Really mind boggling.

8 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

How's that a reason to get a lesser rating than the others? Unless you have 6 lungs or are on drugs, you can't play 90 minutes at this rythm.

When he doesn't defend, he's slagged off, when he does, it's a reason to be rated worse than the others. He just can't win on this forum. 

It's not a vendetta but I'm scratching my head at people's expectations. Really mind boggling.

I'm one of those that said Mahrez could have worked harder earlier in the season defensively and he has been brilliant in the past few weeks that's a different debate I am happy to continue. 

I have to agree with ZeGuy here the ratings are out of whack some must have marked him 6/7 because anybody with an ounce of football acumen to believe he was least effective player bar the subs is madness. I said it on another thread now we are back to our best system we will see his magic return. 

Archived