-
Posts
5,164 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri
-
The more I think it about the more I think there is a genuine and credible interest in Enzo and why they are interested in him. regardless of the views it was the most expensive squad ever to play championship football, it was largely a fragmented squad and a club in utter disarray the day he walked through the door. He has galvanised the squad, won arguably the most competitive ever Championship and achieved it whilst implementing his own style of play. His man management appears to be top drawer as the squad togetherness proves and also the high regard to which he is held by a lot of the players. He is also an advocate of young players, as we saw a good number of academy developed players given first team opportunities this season. Given the success of Arteta at Arsenal, the obvious link to Pep and now he has got over 50 games of managing in England under his belt, delivering success whilst implementing his style, will make clubs sit up and take notice. Many of our fans have said Enzo needs elite level players, he has proven to be an excellent coach, and at Chelsea he will have elite level players at his disposal, if he goes I have no doubt he will surprise many and actually do pretty well, it’s just whether he fancies moving to a club that appears to be an even bigger basket case than us, albeit the risk and reward is far greater.
-
If we bag a decent compo figure for Enzo and he does move on, I think we will move for a manager who is currently out of work or with a fairly minimal release clause. I think if there is any modicum of truth in the Chelsea interest then it is likely to resolve its self pretty quickly, which would likely tie in with the conclusion of the play off final where it has already been reported that Martin is for the tin tack if Saints don’t go up, making him readily available to take the job that he has previously been touted for and maintaining the style of play the owner and DoF appear to crave as a pre-requisite. If Saints win then I can see us floundering around in the vain hope Potter accepts our call.
-
Whilst Chelsea is a basket case of a club, it still has European football, a squad full of young talented footballers and seemingly money to burn, whilst I am fairly certain Enzo would last a season at best, it is pretty much a free hit for a manager as they will always have the excuse of not being given enough time with a patchwork quilt of a squad and a perceived circus in the background. Look at Poch and Potter, I doubt very much either has/will suffer as a result of a faulty short spell as Chelsea manager and both will continue to be linked and offered decent jobs. In Enzo’s case this would just increase his profile.
-
Conor Coady (signed for Wrexham, official.)
Claudio Fannieri replied to Iran's topic in Transfer Talk
I actually think Enzo rated Coady, he seemed to be the main man in pre season until his injury and then in fairness Vesty came in and was top drawer and there was no way he could drop him. Just a cruel twist of fate for Coady but in a funny way had he not had the injury then I am not sure we would have been as dominating with him as the focal point -
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
I imagine lots going on behind the scenes, just because nothing has been finalised or announced doesn’t mean we are just sat on our arses doing nowt. -
I honestly feel he will sign a new and largely improved deal, probably closer to £20k per week. A useful player to have around as can play right or left and could also do a job as a high 8. As already said think this Agent talk, as all recent media stuff has been nothing but positive about the club, also looks good for Kasey and the club that he chosen to stay with us despite interest from elsewhere
-
Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'
Claudio Fannieri replied to ClaphamFox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Good news for us as a club but got too be honest the principle doesn’t sit well with me. If this money was earmarked for EFL and is now not due it should be redistributed within the pyramid and grassroots. Not shared amongst the already greedy fat cats. -
He is genuinely a very good keeper especially at Championship level, he isn’t the greatest playing out from the back which will prevent him progressing much above that level and lower premiership but he is a very solid and decent addition for any Championship club and even at £2-3m would be a sound investment and would most likely generate a profit further down the line
-
I suppose they could redefine his role to specifically focus on the academy and nothing else, too be fair perhaps some of Maresca’s observations relate to Rudkin fulfilling too many roles and that it needs carving up
-
Is this an educated assumption, heard something or just a complete guess?
-
I suppose a lot depends on whether Enzo believes Jakub can step up as a premier league back up, I really like him, his shot stopping and how he bosses his area is very good however given how we play, and I have no doubt he is far better than Ward and Iversen playing out from the back, it doesn’t necessarily mean Enzo believes he is at standard needed for the step up. Bear in mind our back up and squad players have only needed to be sufficient quality for the championship, therefore there may have been some pretty ruthless conversations and decisions to be made as to the quality of our back up options for next season
-
To be fair it doesn’t sound too far from the truth. When you look at this seasons squad we have already lost Doyle, Yunus, Albrighton, Preat, Iheanacho, Casadei, plus doubts over Ndidi then on top of that it’s highly likely we look to move on Soumare, Souttar, Thomas and Kristiansen so we will probably need to bring in 10 or so new players.
-
Percy article enzo set to stay, vardy and vesty new deals
Claudio Fannieri replied to Tuna's topic in Leicester City Forum
I really don’t see the issue with resigning Vesty, he was integral to how we play and has just come off the back of a cracking season. Hopefully it will be 2 years on reduced terms but heavily incentivised. Yes there will be times when he will struggle as I have no doubt most of our current bunch will do next season, however I am also not going to declare he will be a complete and utter disaster either. I have no doubt we will add more pace in our backline to compliment him, as Maresca has already said that is what we need. I wouldn’t be shocked if we sold Coady, Kristiansen and Souttar and replaced with 2/3 much quicker defenders that suit our system and style -
Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'
Claudio Fannieri replied to ClaphamFox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Couldn’t agree more, whilst release clauses do place a ceiling on what you can earn for a player, it’s far better to recoup £35-40m than end up pricing players out of moves and then watch them sit there and wind down their contracts and end up with zilch. We had a spell where we seemed to be selling players at a decent premium, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell and whilst there was the Fofana deal, we did seem to lose our way when it came to moving players on, almost like we believed our own hype and that every outgoing had to be for ridiculous money, our model as a consequence ground to a halt and we stagnated. -
Sammie Szmodics - signed for Ipswich
Claudio Fannieri replied to simpmeister's topic in Transfer Talk
Yes to the player, but massive no to the fee, given his versatility I think he would be a great addition but anything north of £10m and I think we have made a mistake. Personally £7.5m plus add ons taking it to £10m if Blackburn don’t like it then we move on. -
From what I gleaned from the interview is that Enzo is happy here, but frustrated by some elements of the club that are not performing as they should. I actually think he is fully committed but wants assurances that the club will not continue to make the mistakes that led to our relegation.
-
It was actually Pipes who said Burnley hadn’t invested. I didn’t have a massive issue with the discussion with Guillem I actually found it quite engaging and interesting. Yes I get the calls that he is nothing more than a mouthpiece or Enzo’s propaganda machine but actually if you look beyond it, some of the insight is very interesting and a lot of what he says about the club and in particular the potential changes/shake up of the off field operations and personnel, isn’t far from what the majority of the fanbase have been calling out for a couple of seasons now. interestingly I thought Balague was very specific in stating that the operators of the club needed more help/expertise rather than necessarily directly replacing, I think I heard him say that he didn’t want to see people lose their jobs although I may have got that wrong.
-
What will be interesting is whether having a full pre season will really help him kick on, it can’t have helped joining the club right at the end of the window, being injured for 3 months and therefore missing valuable time learning quite a complex role. I wouldn’t be shocked if the coaching staff keep a very close eye once the first month of pre-season to assess his development and then make the decision as to whether to retain him or look to loan him out for the season and potentially being in a more ready made striker for the season.
-
Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'
Claudio Fannieri replied to ClaphamFox's topic in Leicester City Forum
I wonder if we may do something similar or be in the process of doing it subject to it being approved/accepted for Chelsea. -
Foxes Trust Reform - show your support!
Claudio Fannieri replied to Foxes Trust Reform's topic in Leicester City Forum
I joined because I want to be part of a group that not only challenges the club but also works closely with the club to provide the very best fan experience, not to be treated or made to feel a customer and most importantly bring the fanbase and club closer together. Given the club size and aside from the last 10 or so years, our history, traditionally our fanbase are Leicester supporters through love, not trophy hunters etc, therefore the club need to harness that passion not isolate it. -
Been playing FM24 and got us promoted with a record points total. In the close season tried to sell Danny Ward and was told by Rudkin that was not for sale at any price 😂
-
Yeah, he posted alluding to something to PTT and then when people started guessing they may be a shirt sponsor he kind of laughed it all off.
-
I think we get 2 template kits and a bespoke kit (that was the deal when we were in the premier league)
-
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
Sounds like a porn name
