Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Claudio Fannieri

Member
  • Posts

    5,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri

  1. The sooner the better, QPR win tonight and promotion secured, means a great party atmosphere at Preston and then hopefully a performance to match that potentially seals the title.
  2. Wouldn’t be shocked if Vardy ends up stepping into some sort of ambassador role with the club. Given his personality he would be the ideal successor, keeps him involved with the club, provides an income and his presence around the training ground and on match days would be superb.
  3. It’s not a foregone conclusion we stil have work to do to finish off the job. however whilst we should never have been relegated and its the most expensive squad blah blah blah etc i actually think Enzo has done an excellent t job in resetting the club and getting what is a unbalanced squad with a few square legs in round holes to buy into his methods and to lift the doom and gloom having over the club last summer. This isn’t football manager the game, lots of comments about my gran or any random manage could get this team up etc etc but actually in the real world it ain’t that simple especially when you look at a squad with a significant number of out of contract players, others who looked certain to leave but didn’t and a back drop of a club that is in a bit of a shambles behind the scenes. Not taking into account Ipswich who have suprised many, it was always being talked about 2 from 3 of Leeds, Southampton and ourselves, if we do get over the line, there is a every chance that Leeds and Saints could end up both in the play offs despite having spent significantly in the summer, having more experienced managers and having retained a healthy core of premier league experience players, it was never ever gong to be HMS piss the league, in Leeds and Southampton there were two others teams very capable of winning the league,. Whilst it is very different circumstances to the promotions under Adam’s and Pearson, it will still be, if we do it, an absolutely fantastic achievement. Given the quite unique pressure of the finances and PSR performance and that it’s Enzo’s first management job in England, I think he has tremendously well especially when you consider how inexperienced he is in comparison to the other managers in and around us.
  4. I don’t think he was unnecessarily critical of the players or how they played, too be fair our off the ball work was unreal, however when we had the ball at times we were a bit wasteful and whilst the goals were superb and the moves executed to perfection, there were other passages of play where the decision making or final execution of pass were poor, this will always happen in games. I am not sure this was him saying we can’t play this way, just that at times we were careless in possession and made a few unforced errors which broke down opportunities to get on the ball and control passages of play. Ideally I think we still attack with the pace and the aggressive press but in certain instances we get on the ball and be more controlled. Overall he seemed happy enough with how we played but I think in a world of striving for perfection, he will have seen many occasions where we gave possession far too easily due to unforced errors or poor decision making. Winks, Justin, KDH, Ndidi were particularly guilty.
  5. Absolutely superb performance, defensively arguably our best of the season, to restrict a pretty free scoring side like Southampton to no shots on target was brilliant and was the foundation for a scintillating attacking display, what a difference it makes when we are ruthless in front of goal and take our chances. When we click this is football is very special and I still think there is a lot of improvements to make both in player development and with the recruitment of players better suited to Enzo’s style. Still absolutely buzzing this morning.
  6. Never mind looking gormless it was the fact he looked so pissed off each time we scored and then at the end when Top and the rest of the supporters were rightly buzzing and celebrating with the players after such a brilliant result and performance , Rudkin is just stood there looking like he is about to cry, every time I saw him, I kept going mad about it. something definitely not right, maybe the rumour that he is gone in the summer is true.
  7. Ndidi has been poor, I would bring Hamza on in his place and really get in their faces, press really high and punish them. Need a 2nd early on to dampen any threat of a comeback.
  8. It’s a very simple equation win tonight and on Monday and it’s job done, it doesn’t matter what anyone else does. Will be a tough game as Saints are excellent going forward but can be got at defensively, wouldn’t be surprised if we nick this 3-2 or 4-3. As much as I would love to see Cannon start, Daka’s pressing could be critical tonight and cause them so many problems defensively.
  9. Some of our best signings have looked underwhelming at the time of our initial interest and joining the club. I actually think he would be a very solid addition, decent experience of premier league football and overall is a consistent 7/10 performer, not a sexy signing but a very sensible one all the same.
  10. 😂😂 I posted on X this morning to drum up interest in joining the Foxes Trust, nothing controversial and he was straight on it. He is very sensitive to any challenge on the club, I think he has to be close to member(s) of the Senior exec team.
  11. Enzo has flaws and is still learning his trade as a manager, let’s be honest we are Leicester City so it’s most likely our Managers will be young up coming managers but with a lot of learning to do or established managers who are perhaps on the downward trajectory. 91 points is not to be sniffed at, this may be the most expensive squad in relation to fees and wages, ever seen in the championship but I very much disagree that it’s the best squad. When Enzo took over on the summer I will guarantee the club and Enzo fully expected players such as Iversen, Ward, Souttar, Faes, Vesty, Ndidi, Praet, Iheanacho and Daka to move on, creating more opportunities to bring in the players of a profile that befit the style of play. The club made a complete hash of that and it has meant that we have been left with a bloated and unbalanced squad. for that reason there has ended up being more square pegs in round holes or having to utilise players to play roles that do not necessarily suit their attributes, Ndidi for example, being utilised as a high 8, whilst he has improved he is a million miles off the technical ability we require to really make this system work, I think in the summer we can replace him for cheaper wages and with a player with a better profile. We have potentially 6 very high earners potentially moving on in the summer due to contracts expiring and aside from Vesty, who is well suited to the style the rest even including Vardy are not necessarily the profile or skill set that’s ideally suited to how we play. I honestly believe another refresh of 6/7 players in the summer, who don’t necessarily have to cost a fortune but have a profile that aligns to the style of play and the promotion/emergence of one or two academy prospects like Braybrooke, Alves and Nelson will have a big change in how we rotate and the use of subs next season.
  12. I agree to some degree, but I do think he is pretty starved of options since Casadei returned to Chelsea and we didn’t replace him. We have Dennis Praet who has been wanting to leave for the last 3 seasons, Yunus who isn’t the right player when defending a lead. Truth is with Alves and Braybrooke, both working toward full fitness he is very limited in his options, although McAteer might give a similar profile to Wilf.
  13. Very similar to us in this 10 or so game run, missed countless good chances to win games. If you don’t take your chances you get punished. We can’t moan/criticise about losing games because we can’t finish our dinner but then say we are lucky when the opposition do the exact same.
  14. I think because of previous misdemeanours, some find it difficult to distinguish that you can think he is a bit of a helmet at times but also praise when he plays well, make no mistake yesterday he was superb, when he is on it he is also a very good defensive midfielder, personally on Tuesday I would keep him in the team, but play the Winks role as he gives us more protection and is definitely quicker in transitions, bring Riccy back into the inverted role and push Winks further forward alongside KDH. I think there is a real player in Hamza but especially in this style you need to be playing week in week out, it’s difficult to come in for a game or two. If given a run I think we could see a very different player, he also needs to knuckle down off the pitch and start to show a level of maturity.
  15. I think he has been superb for the majority of the season, understandable that there is a dip at some stage if what is a gruelling schedule, he has played pretty much every game and usually plays the 90 minutes well. My only concern is whether he provides enough protection to the defence. Excellent player in possession but out of possession I think he is a bit lightweight and lacks the physicality and presence, I would like to see Hamza play there alongside Ricardo and push Winks further forward alongside KDH particularly against teams who will attack us more.
  16. I said the same to my lad, he has been very impressive since joining West Brom, so would be a great addition if we could bring him in next season. I know he used to be in our academy but I also liked the look of Kipre. Also if Enzo was to leave I would definitely include Corberan on any new manager shortlist .
  17. My team would be Hermansen Coady Vesty Doyle Ricardo Hamza Winks KDH Fatawu Mavididi Daka subs Stolycryk JJ Faes Ndidi Praet Yunus McAteer Cannon Vardy
  18. We rode our luck but dug deep to win that, we have had some right old sucker punches recently where we have missed sitter after sitter and beaten by a cracking goal. Hamza was absolutely magnificent, that was as good a performance I have seen from him, would be good to see him build on this now.
  19. I think I will watch from behind the sofa, if those 3 aren’t available it’s going to be a tough watch
  20. Just shows the absolute car crash of a club we are behind the scenes, it was clear as day that Iversen was never going to get a look in given how we want to play and the fact it’s a real weakness in his game so not cashing in and getting £4-5m in to help the finances is absolutely mind blowing.
  21. Absolutely superb, best one yet and Ric in full flow, i knew it would be a classic when jefferies was dropped within the first 5 minutes, and then at the end sniffing Saddam Hussain’s undercarriage and poo sniffing are a new all time favourite 😂 whilst ably assisted by Darcy who had some terrific cameos i thought Jordan summed up the situation perfectly and Jake does a superb job as lead presenter. the last week has been so depressing results and performances wise but the pod does a great job of not only lifting the gloom but also capturing the mood of the fanbase. Keep up the great work 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  22. Such a shame that both Braybrooke and Alves have been unavailable for the majority of the season as I think if they had been fit and available I have no doubt both would have been heavily involved in and around the 1st team. One of the things that Enzo has been really good at is giving academy players opportunities and for that reason it would be great if he can turn this around as given our financial situation, our ability to utilise our academy will be critical over the coming years.
  23. The club seemingly doing their very upmost to keep alienating the fanbase I am at a complete loss as to how they are so far removed and disconnected. So so frustrating we have gone from being a model club to an absolute embarrassment in such a short space of time. Utterly heartbreaking stuff.
  24. I have seen a lot of social media posts calling Ipswich lucky for the amount of late goals and deflected goals they have scored, however i disagree I think it’s more a reward for the mentality they show, they are not afraid to lay siege to the goal when needed which then leads to mistakes and deflections etc. I don’t necessarily have an issue with our style of play, however it’s the lack of tempo and intensity that frustrates me. I cannot remember the last time we scored a lucky deflected goal after laying siege. Even at 1-0 down we are still trying to create the perfect chance, and that becomes harder and harder the later the game goes on and the deeper the opposition are, you haven’t got the space to create clear perfect opportunities so in last ten minutes in about getting balls into the box to create mistakes and deflections that lead to goals, balls directed hard and low into congested areas can cause havoc in final few minutes but we never try it. On Friday even though in the last 15 minutes Plymouth barely left there own half we had made two like for like subs and kept the exact same formation, we didn’t need a defensive midfielder at that stage he could have thrown on either Cannon as the extra striker or even Yunus to play as a 10 either side of KDH and Praet, in place of Winks and given Plymouth something different to think about, but we didn’t and as a consequence barely laid a glove on their goal.
  25. Should be nowhere near the team, has largely been poor and lazy when played, this seasons Tielemans, the guy has literally downed tools. After his Ipswich cameo on Boxing Day I really wouldn’t have been arsed if I ever saw him in a Leicester shirt ever again. The only players who I feel should feel slightly aggrieved by lack of game time is Coady and Canton, whilst Wanya and Albrighton may feel a bit frustrated that they haven’t been utilised more after decent showings in cup games.
×
×
  • Create New...