Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

See, that's Kalac in standard, but ruddy just goes insane and thinks he's Kanté rather than a keeper. Despite the defenders around he chases it out of his own box, like the kids on the playground who had no concept of positioning.

Yeah Ruddys was bad but Hart has literally thrown the ball in to his own net can't get any worse.

Martial is a quality player.

Hes been excellent recently.

Man Utd were scoring goals from all over when he was down the middle. LVG sacrificed him to get Rooney there and not only have Martial's goal dried up, the teams have. Too much pandering to try and get Rooney in scoring position.

It's not ideal for them because he's a kid, and his form will dropped at some point, but he's their best goal scorer, madness not to use him centrally.

I know Zaha has been playing well, but don't ruin the joke!

Man Utd were scoring goals from all over when he was down the middle. LVG sacrificed him to get Rooney there and not only have Martial's goal dried up, the teams have. Too much pandering to try and get Rooney in scoring position.

It's not ideal for them because he's a kid, and his form will dropped at some point, but he's their best goal scorer, madness not to use him centrally.

I know Zaha has been playing well, but don't ruin the joke!

Agreed.

Takes a big man to drop Rooney, Man Utd and England in that regard. But there are better options available in both instances too.

lol Typical Mark Hughes. I know I've only seen the highlights, but basically I've just watched Newcastle pepper his goal with shot after shot, which Butland in inspired form kept everything out. Only Mark Hughes could summarise that as they should have won because Walters nearly scored! lol

What is the deal with Chelsea. Where did it all go wrong?

Thoughts?

I actually, think they are mentally tired, after last season and for the 1st time, their defence are off the pace.

Plus Terry is probably having his last season.

This league's absolutely all over the place this season.

Fantastic watching Chelsea like this. Not a jot of sympathy for them here. Horrible, horrible club who are getting such a pasting that it's actually beyond belief. 11 points behind us in November? I mean, what the ****?

Man Utd remain the most dour top half side of the lot. Shower of shite. Sooner they sack LVG off the better. Sooner they utilise Martial the better. Rooney's had his day. It's all history for him, it's been a very good one, but at both club and international level he's extremely lucky to be starting up front.

West Ham are downright weird. Beaten Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal, but have now lost at Watford, lost at home to Bournemouth, drew at home with Norwich and drawn at Sunderland. I can't tell how good they actually are. I honestly think we're better.

We are the kind of side at the minute I'd be rooting for as a second team if I wasn't a Leicester fan. It's a bloody dream of a start.

It almost seems these days that with the era of tiki taka that brought success to Barcelona, and the obsession with possession based football, that some of the things that made English teams unique and dangerous is being lost.

Why is it now a taboo subject to have players who provide genuine width. And why does a goal have to be a 20 pass goal? There was a time when we would look at a passage of play where a midfielder would get the ball, look for a team mate out wide who would deliver with quality intothe box, hard and low, or hang it up to the back post for a striker to attack, and consider this good play.

I think one of the main strengths of Leicester this season is the penetration aspect. Simply looking to get the ball into dangerous areas with purpose each time.

There are very few wingers. Most wide players now want to start in that position but affect the play in a number 10 type role.

Teams like Man Utd are taking possession to the extreme. It is passing for the sake of passing. Man Utd teams of old had penetration, they had thrust, they had Giggs and Beckham who provided genuine width, they had strikers in Cole, Yorke, Van Nistelrooy in recent times who would attack the service into the box. And they also set up quite often with what would be considered an orthodox 4-4-2 formation.

Rooney didnt have any touches in the oppositon penalty area vs Palace mostly because most of the play was focused on ball retention around the box. So i have some sypmathy with his loss of form. And they have also nullified Martial who looks like an excellent player by playing him out wide too.

Just seems like English clubs, and using Man Utd this season as the example, have abandonned "Englishness" and its for the worse.

Completely agree. Great post. They aren't being true to themselves. People miss the point of why Barcelona were so successful. Yes they are superb at keeping the ball, but they were actually forced to half the time simply due to how defensive teams were happy to be against them. You give the likes of Messi and the players they had in 2012 space and they would absolutely smash you on the break.

Manchester United under Van Gaal are everything wrong with football.

If more teams had Leicester's mentality, it really would be the best league in the world.

Otamendi scoring with a header from the penalty spot. Excellent.

Hart's drop for the goal lol

One of the best headers I can remember seeing

Archived