Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Nobody's doing this.  Why are you surprised that when you make strange claims about people wanting to see the club fail, people respond by reminding you that this is exactly the sort of thing you seemed guilty of during the season?  I'm glad you see that Pearson did well for us, could we not just have left it at admitting you were wrong about him?  Did you have to come back into a Pearson thread and start making strange accusations?

Why would people blame Ranieri for Cambiasso leaving then? Why do people make Whelan and the boards objects of ridicule when they have always tried to act in the best interests of the club? Why have people ridiculed Ranieri himself for being over the hill and a mercenary? Or been quick to shoot him down as Leicesters 5th choice?

I never wanted the club to fail last season i wanted a change of manager to give us the best chance of being successful , i thought we were going down.

Why is everything about putting one over on someone else?

Its a sad day when a poster comes out and basically says he doesnt back the manager simply on the basis of a previous manager being sacked, and not on anything he is actually doing.

Where have I said that I don't back Ranieri? Stop making up shit to fit your arguments.

I'm a City fan and want them to do well whoever is in charge. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the binning of one of our best managers in a long time.

Why would people blame Ranieri for Cambiasso leaving then? Why do people make Whelan and the boards objects of ridicule when they have always tried to act in the best interests of the club? Why have people ridiculed Ranieri himself for being over the hill and a mercenary? Or been quick to shoot him down as Leicesters 5th choice?

I never wanted the club to fail last season i wanted a change of manager to give us the best chance of being successful , i thought we were going down.

Why is everything about putting one over on someone else?

Listen. None of that is about WANTING the club to fail. Alot of them points are valid. Alot of them points are points and questions that football fans who don't support the club are also wondering about.

I saw a poll the yesterday on a popular football forum about who will be sacked first this season. Brendan Rodgers topped the poll and Claudio Ranieri was second. Nigel Pearson would probably have been bottom of that list had he not been sacked. It's not just City fans who are baffled at the minute. Why are you having a pop at people for being unenthused and pessimistic at the current state of the club?

Right now, the perception of our club is that of uncertainty. Our owners are currently seen in the same light as Tony Fernandes, Vincent Tan and the Venkys.

Now, we THINK we know better. We think that the state Pearson left the club in will see us alright this season, but nothing is certain in Premier League football.

Where have I said that I don't back Ranieri? Stop making up shit to fit your arguments.

I'm a City fan and want them to do well whoever is in charge. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the binning of one of our best managers in a long time.

You obviously know the reasons and his sacking was unjustified then?

But its absolutely unreal. We have posters making shit up to discredit Ranieri, we have people suggesting he wont last till October and actually hoping theyre right, we have people slagging the board off when 2 months ago they were the best owners you could possibly have, and we have some of the most self righteous people here i have ever seen in my entire life.

So basically everything you did about Pearson then.

Even if we don't, on the face of it, binning off one of our two best managers in a quarter of a century (jurys out over whether MON or Pearson were better, not really comparable situations for both), when they've just kept you up by six points, no less than was deserved over the seasons performances, seems daft unless we've got a justifiable reason. We've not been given one, we've not been given anything, so all we're left with is to be utterly baffled

We have no reasons for the decision from both sides. The only evidence we have is that Nigel Pearson was a bloody good manager for this football club. On that we have to say its a bad decision.

Pearson never really mentioned the owners much in his press conferences in the past year, I've noticed.

I wonder if he has had difficulty in having any interactions with the owners in the past season, apart from being shown together in the media? I wouldn't be so surprised.

We have no reasons for the decision from both sides. The only evidence we have is that Nigel Pearson was a bloody good manager for this football club. On that we have to say its a bad decision.

Countless people have been sacked or convicted whilst doing / having done a decent job for things not directly to do with their performance record.

He wasn't sacked for being a good manager.

Regrettably he could himself have decided to behave in a manner that caused them to feel that's enough. 

Obviously nobody knows exactly on here, but I shouldn't expect it was just for the sake of it.

I can never say it was 100% right, although it points in that direction. Likewise all those who say it was wrong don't know the facts.

I don't think Pearson was that bothered about the fans to be honest, I can remember a number of times driving home with the radio on after a game saying things like "if you don't like it don't come" which I thought was a crap attitude.

I'd much rather Pearson being honest than Ranieri saying we are 'a club of great tradition' or whatever he said. Honesty is something you just don't get in football anymore.

Pearson never really mentioned the owners much in his press conferences in the past year, I've noticed.

I wonder if he has had difficulty in having any interactions with the owners in the past season, apart from being shown together in the media? I wouldn't be so surprised.

What? Everytime someone asked Pearson about his success he always mentioned that the owners have been very good to him as well as the staff and players. I'm thinking specifically last game of this season and last.

This thread has ventured so far away from fact and logic that I don't even think we're talking about real events anymore. 

It's clear most people will make up whatever 'facts' they need to to support their biased (either for or against NP) agenda. 

Time to put us all out of our misery and lock this thread.

This thread has ventured so far away from fact and logic that I don't even think we're talking about real events anymore.

It's clear most people will make up whatever 'facts' they need to to support their biased (either for or against NP) agenda.

Just the point I was making yesterday really.

It's becoming so difficult to really learn anything from this forum anymore, apart from Davie G's information.

There is so much hot air and bull-shit, with people claiming to be in the know about stuff, for us to find out a couple of days later that the opposite was true.

There are some who clearly don't want to give the new regime any sort of opportunity to shine. And this is BEFORE we've even kicked off the season. God help us if we start badly! Possibly the worst were the rumours that Pearson followed Cambiasso's tactics to master-mind the great escape. Then there was Cambiasso for manager....lol...who now appears to be on the fringes of joining another Prem club. And there are some who a few weeks ago hailed him as the messiah, now suggesting he's some sort of traitor.

It's bizarre.

At least it's amusing I guess....

Just the point I was making yesterday really.

It's becoming so difficult to really learn anything from this forum anymore, apart from Davie G's information.

There is so much hot air and bull-shit, with people claiming to be in the know about stuff, for us to find out a couple of days later that the opposite was true.

There are some who clearly don't want to give the new regime any sort of opportunity to shine. And this is BEFORE we've even kicked off the season. God help us if we start badly! Possibly the worst were the rumours that Pearson followed Cambiasso's tactics to master-mind the great escape. Then there was Cambiasso for manager.... lol...who now appears to be on the fringes of joining another Prem club. And there are some who a few weeks ago hailed him as the messiah, now suggesting he's some sort of traitor.

It's bizarre.

At least it's amusing I guess....

He was going to have a stake in the club, now the treacherous **** is off to Wham - fooking liberty

If it's locked it'll just be discussed in a different thread. Keep it in here and stop it spoiling a different discussion.

Archived