Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Place is a joke at the minute, I love a good argument but even I can't keep up. I have no idea what everyone is even arguing about anymore.

They aren't really arguments though, are they? Again and again people make absurd and unsubstantiated claims, forge entire opinions out of them, pass their views off as fact in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary and then get quickly picked apart by the likes of yourself. But even then there's no sign of their arguments evolving, or responding to the counter-arguments; they just steadfastly make the same point again and again, regardless of how little there is to back them up with.

But no, don't close the thread, for god's sake. I've seen some of the most absurd posts I've ever seen lately, to the point that it's barely worth arguing back. If the purpose of arguing back is to dismantle the other person's argument, then it's totally unnecessary, because some of the anti-Pearson sentiment is totally without foundation in the first place, and duly crumbles of its own accord. For that reason alone, this thread feels a bit special - as if it's teeming with case studies in how not to form a credible viewpoint.

I know the Chief Executive said that we're 'moving onto a new chapter', but I can't help but think that they ousted Pearson out both forcibly and rushed.

Would love to hear Nigel's views, which will probably happen when he's doing some Sky Sports' Championship live match discussion.

There certainly has been some astonishing conclusions reached from some entirely incomplete evidence in recent weeks.

And some pretty immediate responses from some individuals casually brushing everything aside, taking the stance of the owners alone.

Which is equally simplistic.

I don't think Pearson was that bothered about the fans to be honest, I can remember a number of times driving home with the radio on after a game saying things like "if you don't like it don't come" which I thought was a crap attitude.

Pearson's fecking GONE, so what's the point of arguing?

I had a good time posting on here over the last two or three seasons, like many others, both pro and ante, but that game is over.

Pastures anew, beckon now, and Ranieri reigns..

You abused and belittled the man at every opportunity bro and it was embarrassing and absolutely ****ing pathetic.

88 pages on a manager who was sacked 3 weeks ago.

Lets just all move on, and get behind the team now. Enough is enough, its farcical.

We can still support the team and discuss Nigel. He was a big part of what this club was for 6 years this summer and the squad at this club is still one he has assembled. Take your non-sensical opinion and get out of my swamp.

I don't think Pearson was that bothered about the fans to be honest, I can remember a number of times driving home with the radio on after a game saying things like "if you don't like it don't come" which I thought was a crap attitude.

Or refreshingly honest. Too many of the 'entitled' fans about these days

We can still support the team and discuss Nigel. He was a big part of what this club was for 6 years this summer and the squad at this club is still one he has assembled. Take your non-sensical opinion and get out of my swamp.

Im just getting fed up of the Pearson rhetoric now. Im not denying what he did for us, he was a magnificent manager.

But its absolutely unreal. We have posters making shit up to discredit Ranieri, we have people suggesting he wont last till October and actually hoping theyre right, we have people slagging the board off when 2 months ago they were the best owners you could possibly have, and we have some of the most self righteous people here i have ever seen in my entire life.

Im just getting fed up of the Pearson rhetoric now. Im not denying what he did for us, he was a magnificent manager.

But its absolutely unreal. We have posters making shit up to discredit Ranieri, we have people suggesting he wont last till October and actually hoping theyre right, we have people slagging the board off when 2 months ago they were the best owners you could possibly have, and we have some of the most self righteous people here i have ever seen in my entire life.

Hmmmm, now where have we seen this before? Oh yeah that's right. Every season when Pearson was in charge.

Hmmmm, now where have we seen this before? Oh yeah that's right. Every season when Pearson was in charge.

So lets throw a manager with vast experience and excellent qualities under the bus then?

So lets throw a manager with vast experience and excellent qualities under the bus then?

No, but let's not whinge when once set of people do exactly the same as the other lot have been doing for feckin years. 

No, but let's not whinge when once set of people do exactly the same as the other lot have been doing for feckin years. 

Its a sad day when a poster comes out and basically says he doesnt back the manager simply on the basis of a previous manager being sacked, and not on anything he is actually doing.

Its a sad day when a poster comes out and basically says he doesnt back the manager simply on the basis of a previous manager being sacked, and not on anything he is actually doing.

It's even sadder when grown men loudly complain about things that haven't been said because they still can't accept that maybe Pearson wasn't such a terrible manager and are left desperate for anything to even slightly validate their strange opinions.

It's even sadder when grown men loudly complain about things that haven't been said because they still can't accept that maybe Pearson wasn't such a terrible manager and are left desperate for anything to even slightly validate their strange opinions.

Whatever. Grown men have balanced opinions, unlike the zit covered kids who spout every excuse imaginable why Pearson shouldnt have been sacked despite knowing absolutely nothing. Suggesting Cambiasso left on the basis that Pearson left is absolutely ridiculous, branding the manager hunt a farce for no apparent reason, people suggest Ranieri will ruin the club with his spending despite the fact that he has clearly said he doesnt want to change much and give youth an opportunity.

If whats said for real doesnt support your pre conceived view, just make some shit up. Thats the foxestalk way.

I think people that post here actually believe that the views held here represent the majority of fans. They just represent a little hardcore of foxestalkers that make up maybe 1% of the fanbase. And dont take that as im implying 99% are anti Pearson. Im saying that the views held here range from radical, to mostly abject shit.

You keep insisting I gave Pearson no credit for the job he did, which is blatantly not true ive credited him in most posts. But you conveniently ignore that. Dont say something about the profile, i just havent changed it. Not bothered. That was my opinion during the season.

Whatever. Grown men have balanced opinions, unlike the zit covered kids who spout every excuse imaginable why Pearson shouldnt have been sacked despite knowing absolutely nothing. Suggesting Cambiasso left on the basis that Pearson left is absolutely ridiculous, branding the manager hunt a farce for no apparent reason, people suggest Ranieri will ruin the club with his spending despite the fact that he has clearly said he doesnt want to change much and give youth an opportunity.

If whats said for real doesnt support your pre conceived view, just make some shit up. Thats the foxestalk way.

I think people that post here actually believe that the views held here represent the majority of fans. They just represent a little hardcore of foxestalkers that make up maybe 1% of the fanbase. And dont take that as im implying 99% are anti Pearson. Im saying that the views held here range from radical, to mostly abject shit.

You keep insisting I gave Pearson no credit for the job he did, which is blatantly not true ive credited him in most posts. But you conveniently ignore that. Dont say something about the profile, i just havent changed it. Not bothered. That was my opinion during the season.

Which is exactly the point.  You say you have a balanced opinion but did nothing to show that with your staunch anti-Pearson rhetoric all season despite myriad posters, most more intelligent than I, making it abundantly clear that you were frankly incorrect to be so sure that he deserved sacking.  As it is he's gone for unforeseen non-footballing reasons, so it's hardly a case of you being proven right in the end.

You abused and belittled the man at every opportunity bro and it was embarrassing and absolutely ****ing pathetic.

He also posted this in a "Pearson Sacked" thread and wondered why people were talking about Pearson lol

Some people's agendas are here are easier to read than a primary school book.

Which is exactly the point.  You say you have a balanced opinion but did nothing to show that with your staunch anti-Pearson rhetoric all season despite myriad posters, most more intelligent than I, making it abundantly clear that you were frankly incorrect to be so sure that he deserved sacking.  As it is he's gone for unforeseen non-footballing reasons, so it's hardly a case of you being proven right in the end.

So you cant have a balanced opinion that during the season, my opinion was that the club would have been best served sacking Pearson? Anyone suggesting last season that a change was necessary couldnt have done so by weighing up the pros and cons?

If i have to say this a million more times i will. I am not staunch anti Pearson. I have said numerous times how good a job he did in his two spells. The issue was, at the time, with everything that went on with Pearson and the form of the team , I felt the situation was too far gone to be recoverable.

Ok,fair enough i was proved wrong. Glad i was, because we stayed up which was amazing.

But this has now become the chief moot point on this forum and im sick of everyone here looking for ways to fvcking outdo eachothers opinions while actively wishing bad on the team to do so. its PATHETIC.

Its nothing to do with me wanting to be proved right.

Im just getting fed up of the ever growing line of people who are gathering ready to hammer Ranieri. Because they are, you can see the whole undercurrent bubbling and one bad performance this place will enter meltdown territory and we will have a 300 page Pearson thread.

Leave the thread then! It's your choice to keep coming back here.

If you take only one thing from visiting this thread it ought to be that your calls for the conversation to come to a close have been ignored and will continue to be ignored. If you come on here and ask people to stop talking about Pearson you will not be listened to. People will stop when they feel like it.

So you cant have a balanced opinion that during the season, my opinion was that the club would have been best served sacking Pearson? Anyone suggesting last season that a change was necessary couldnt have done so by weighing up the pros and cons?

If i have to say this a million more times i will. I am not staunch anti Pearson. I have said numerous times how good a job he did in his two spells. The issue was, at the time, with everything that went on with Pearson and the form of the team , I felt the situation was too far gone to be recoverable.

Ok,fair enough i was proved wrong. Glad i was, because we stayed up which was amazing.

But this has now become the chief moot point on this forum and im sick of everyone here looking for ways to fvcking outdo eachothers opinions while actively wishing bad on the team to do so. its PATHETIC.

Its nothing to do with me wanting to be proved right.

Im just getting fed up of the ever growing line of people who are gathering ready to hammer Ranieri. Because they are, you can see the whole undercurrent bubbling and one bad performance this place will enter meltdown territory and we will have a 300 page Pearson thread.

Nobody's doing this.  Why are you surprised that when you make strange claims about people wanting to see the club fail, people respond by reminding you that this is exactly the sort of thing you seemed guilty of during the season?  I'm glad you see that Pearson did well for us, could we not just have left it at admitting you were wrong about him?  Did you have to come back into a Pearson thread and start making strange accusations?

Archived