Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

I am a manager of a bookies and just to let you know I have just had word that we are only allowed to take bets of upto £10 on Mr Klopp. We also have restrictions for only 5 bets before we have to call in for authorisation to clear anymore. Could be a bluff to stop money going elsewhere or could be.... Odds have shortened to 20-1 this morning and expect them to come in a lot more.

which bookies please? :) 

Enter Gourvennec who took over the reins of the Breton club in 2010. The former Nantes midfielder had previously been coaching an amateur team La Roche Sur Yon before being offered the head coach role at Guingamp. When he took over the club were in the Championnat National, the third tier of French football.

Under his guidance they won promotion into Ligue 2 and then to Ligue 1 two seasons later. He also delivered silverware in the form of the Coupe de France last season defeating Rennes in the final 2-0.

This season they had a creditable run in the Europa League too reaching the round of 32 and going further than any of their French contemporaries: Lyon, St Etienne and Lille.

From a Newcastle point of view Gourvennec is a potentially enticing option. He has demonstrated the ability to extract the maximum from limited resources, is committed to playing entertaining football but is pragmatic enough not to let pure aesthetics cloud his judgment.

Wow sounds classic, stopped deluding myself into thinking that Klopp would ever come here and am now fully aboard the Gourvennec hype train

I am a manager of a bookies and just to let you know I have just had word that we are only allowed to take bets of upto £10 on Mr Klopp. We also have restrictions for only 5 bets before we have to call in for authorisation to clear anymore. Could be a bluff to stop money going elsewhere or could be.... Odds have shortened to 20-1 this morning and expect them to come in a lot more.

Shortening odds a reflection of betting patterns as opposed to anything factual signifying it's fractionally more likely to happen

I just had £20 on Klopp at 33/1 with Bet365. They only took £7odd of my bet and referred the rest to another Bookie.

i got a tenner on at 20's. i did wonder why bet 365 just lowered their price down to 25's. it was you! 

Shortening odds a reflection of betting patterns as opposed to anything factual signifying it's fractionally more likely to happen

its a mix of column a and b. you can get "false favorite markets" where the bookies will pick a shite horse to be favorite and get loads of money bet on it so they can use that money to bet elsewhere on the one they believe will win it. you can get ones where they will set limits and advertise the limit forcing a load of money onto something and then laying it off elsewhere and making profit. You can get ones where a rumor gathers so much steam the money shoots the price in to ridiculously low odds but bookies have people everywhere and are usually in the know. if they weren't in the know to bring the odds down in their favor someone could get the inside line and take them for loads. i remember working at coral i was told about a flurry of bets for a next Newcastle manager that all came from the same area of the country. it was the managers lad at boarding school. He had told his mate and the teacher had overheard it and put a fair whack on it and took them for loads! that's why all £25+ bets on what are classed as "novelty markets" have to be cleared. that or making a profit of more than £250. 

i got a tenner on at 20's. i did wonder why bet 365 just lowered their price down to 25's. it was you!

Haha, sorry! Like I said if you did still fancy him, it's 33's on Ladbrokes at the moment, I think that's the biggest around at the moment. He's not even listed on WillHill.

Well we can take bets of upto £25 without restrictions on all others in the betting. Klopp is restricted to £10 as I said.

absolutely. Over the period the big two or three there has been a couple of managers they are not so keen to lay. Keeping under the radar. Redknapp 40s. Hill lads corals 12s 14s at the time.

Haha, sorry! Like I said if you did still fancy him, it's 33's on Ladbrokes at the moment, I think that's the biggest around at the moment. He's not even listed on WillHill.

best price now 33/1 on boylesports where his price has gone out buy MON and coterill have gone in! 

the rest of the board looks blue all across for klopp now. someones got a sniff of something and caused a landslide of money. 

betway go 14/1 klopp in from 33/1

boylesports follow soon after and go 16/1 in from 33/1

Just don't do it to yourself. You'll just be depressed when you then see Paul Lambert holding a blue scarf above his head on the back page of the Mercury.

I'm just imagining it's going to be Steve Cotterill, that way anybody else will actually be an improvement and i'll be happy.

Re Di Matteo: I fancy he's the type to work well with Cambiasso (some Italian link?), despite what his agent has said.

Preferred to Cotterill (goes without saying!) and Lennon.

MON preferred to Hiddink and Allardyce, but wouldn't chuck my season ticket away (not straight away, at least!) for either.

How much have you got on him, if anything?

i stuck a tenner on at 20/1. If it wins we have a world class manager and i have £210. if it loses I won't be buying that cards against humanity expansion pack i wanted. 

Klopp no doubt shortening because of the Merc article.

sadly the daily star link they are referring to says that he is a target for liverpool. so this may be speculation. i have never known a small news article affect the odds like this though but i take your point. 

Archived