Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

The choices that are being touted about in Hiddink, Lennon, Cotterill and MON i'm already underwhelmed anyway regardless of considering the possibility of Klopp.

That's true although when non-Leicester fans ask me about who we are after etc, Hiddink gets a wow response and disbelief that we could get him.  Most probably haven't looked into his recent history which we all have and so don't know he has dropped off success wise.  However, It's good indicator of the wow factor a name like Hiddink still gets in general and another sign he could have major pulling power for some top players to join us and improving our world profile.

I wouldn't be underwhelmed by Hiddink, just not sure I would be satisfied though.

Klopp the wet dream, Lennon the boring reality.

That's true although when non-Leicester fans ask me about who we are after etc, Hiddink gets a wow response and disbelief that we could get him.  Most probably haven't looked into his recent history which we all have and so don't know he has dropped off success wise.  However, It's good indicator of the wow factor a name like Hiddink still gets in general and another sign he could have major pulling power for some top players to join us and improving our world profile.

I wouldn't be underwhelmed by Hiddink, just not sure I would be satisfied though.

Klopp the wet dream, Lennon the boring reality.

The response i've been getting when mentioning Hiddink is;

'He's an old man'

'He's about 70 ain't he?'

'Isn't he dead?' (Obviously joking but poking fun at the age issue)

'You're gonna appoint someone who might not even survive the season'

Someone genuinely thought he'd already retired - I had to put them right that he only quit the Holland job on Monday.

You can't really argue too much when you look at his CV but the age issue is quite big negative for me aswell, I want someone to build and be with us long term(ish) like it seemed Pearson was going to be, I want stabilty, you're not going to get more than 2 years (At best) out of Hiddink imo.

The thought doesn't excite me.

Neil Lennon or MON for me.

I don't know why more people aren't calling for a return for MON? This is a perfect time for him to come back.

Why though? Done very little of note for a while now. Think he'd be out of touch with the prem

He would have to be a bit odd to join us when he would probably be top of the list for any of the top 6 clubs.

I do like to see things with rose tinted glasses though and like to toy with the idea that we somehow appeal to him.

Stranger things have happened but it is extremely unlikely and I fear just considering this a possibility, will leave a lot of people totally underwhelmed by whoever we do end up with.

Dream big but take all these so called ticked boxes we offer him with a pinch of salt!

But he is a bit odd .....

Neil Lennon or MON for me.

I don't know why more people aren't calling for a return for MON? This is a perfect time for him to come back.

Because he hasn't been on top of his game since he left Villa and why would he want to ruin his legacy? I was only 3 when he left and I'd rather hear the stories and re-watch the old Cup Finals than him come back and fail miserably.

The pipe dream of a MON return has drifted for me, the last time I wanted him in was when Sven left, I just don't think he'd do a job nowadays, he'd be out of touch and hasn't done anything note for a while like others have said. He's also getting on and would hardly a long term.

Why though? Done very little of note for a while now. Think he'd be out of touch with the prem

This is true, and what happened at Sunderland worries me a little about whether he does still have it. But then again I don't think he was given the right amount of time to have an impact there...

i agree but it's mainly based on us surmising what he thinks based on his standing. look since a few of these posts a few people have tried to say what they think but put 'i know it won't happen' sentences in to protect them from feeling stupid. You may not have meant it, but posts like that one do make some people feel stupid or scared to post that's all mate.

Okay but its all about opinions isn't it and I'm just giving mine. I think it is all a bit daft to be honest so I said so, its not an attack on anyone but I do think some should rein in their expectations.

If Norwich city just finished 14th would you think Jurgen klopp would go there? Similar club size.

No, because the couldn't afford him or give him the money to spend. No point in comparing us to teams like them or those that don't have mega rich owners.

It's highly unlikely obviously, but nobody knows them or their plans. If they seriously want Europe then they have to fund it, if they are willing to spend the money it can make what seems impossible, possible.

Guest LCFC_World

Just get Neil Lennon in so we can all discuss what will be the starting line up again!

We can dream, as Babylon said if we want European football we have to aim big, we won't get there with some of the dross that has been mentioned.....

Klip Klippity Klopp.... Up the City....

Just get Neil Lennon in so we can all discuss what will be the starting line up again!

I think their will be a lot of disappointed people once this is announced. Would the owners want that? Surely the spirit of the club is a huge thing to them as they have monks come and bless the ground etc.

The way they got the ground shaking last season was one of the major factors of our survival.

I think Klopp or Hiddink would be huge... Anything out of that caliber will be a disappointment. 

I think their will be a lot of disappointed people once this is announced. Would the owners want that? Surely the spirit of the club is a huge thing to them as they have monks come and bless the ground etc.

The way they got the ground shaking last season was one of the major factors of our survival.

I think Klopp or Hiddink would be huge... Anything out of that caliber will be a disappointment.

The owners would know Pearson was popular amongst the fans, and any appointment that isn't of a higher caliber manager would be damaging to their reputation... Hiddink, Sam , Moyes and Klopp is what we should be looking at

Archived