Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

Guest Foxin_mad

He might not have to. International management is really only a part time job anyway.

He might not have to. International management is really only a part time job anyway.

Can be , but I don't really agree with that... if he comes I would rather he was able to dedicate all his time to the job here and not have to focus on another...

Guest Foxin_mad

Strange how his odds have shortened a lot. But then surely we have never had Cotterill on a shortlist or long one for that matter.

Okay but its all about opinions isn't it and I'm just giving mine. I think it is all a bit daft to be honest so I said so, its not an attack on anyone but I do think some should rein in their expectations.

me too but i'm in a particularly keyboard warriorish protective mood tonight lol - we can all hope eh

As we are trying to sign Austin with no manager in place is an indication the owners will want to appoint a coach, rather than a traditional manager. This rules out several names mentioned for the job and suggests a foreign national is the more likely appointment.

This afternoon Bet365 odds on Klopp have gone from 100/1 to 50/1, and then to 33/1.

yip but  I think I may have been responsible for the first drop. Well damned unlikely but i'm quids-in if the very unlikely happens and not much worse off if it doesn't

A lot of people are citing age and a lack of long term committment as a negative with Guus Hiddink. But is it?

Yes with Nige we had a lot to build upon after a season which im sure the majority here would have been happy with finishing 17th before it started, but the profile of the club has risen considerably. We are signing and looking to sign players of a quality to build a squad we could only dream about a year ago.

Decent players from half decent clubs actually seem to see us as a viable move, where as before EC they wouldnt give us a 2nd look. For example, we got turned down by Frazier Campbell for gods sake.

So maybe its about the club taking it one step at a time. Guus, with all of his experience, knowledge and reputation is maybe a viable option to the club and owners to take the club forward again. Take us to a healthy finish in the season, and if he does decide to leave, much like EC, we are in a more inviting position next season to attract that top younger manager from around the world

As we all discovered with EC, age is a number. Class is permanent.

This afternoon Bet365 odds on Klopp have gone from 100/1 to 50/1, and then to 33/1.  This brings them into line with other bookies.

tbh, i'd be very surprised if we got him, dont get me wrong id love to see him here, just cant see it, plus i thought he was having time out the game or something. 

Did not O'Neill turn us down a couple of Years ago?

when in the championship having just sacked Sven. Things have changed - ya never know  :)

tbh, i'd be very surprised if we got him, dont get me wrong id love to see him here, just cant see it, plus i thought he was having time out the game or something. 

agree  - but although he is having time out of the game, he said he'd struggle to resist a prem club offer

A lot of people are citing age and a lack of long term committment as a negative with Guus Hiddink. But is it?

Yes with Nige we had a lot to build upon after a season which im sure the majority here would have been happy with finishing 17th before it started, but the profile of the club has risen considerably. We are signing and looking to sign players of a quality to build a squad we could only dream about a year ago.

Decent players from half decent clubs actually seem to see us as a viable move, where as before EC they wouldnt give us a 2nd look. For example, we got turned down by Frazier Campbell for gods sake.

So maybe its about the club taking it one step at a time. Guus, with all of his experience, knowledge and reputation is maybe a viable option to the club and owners to take the club forward again. Take us to a healthy finish in the season, and if he does decide to leave, much like EC, we are in a more inviting position next season to attract that top younger manager from around the world

As we all discovered with EC, age is a number. Class is permanent.

agree although i think those challenging his long term commitment may have talking about day 2 on the job. I am myself in 2 minds on this one. He may want to end on a high but a lot of people are saying he has lost his desire

Really? Having rich owners doesn't make us bigger

but gives us potential to be

plus i thought he was having time out the game or something. 

agree though he is having time out of the game but said he's struggle to resist a prem club offer

Not true if you believe this story from April (It has quotes) http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/jurgen-klopp-no-sabbatical-not-percet-coach

But insisted that he is not tired and that he is not planning on having a sabbatical.

“I am not tired. I may look tired but I am not. I am 0.0% tired,” he said. “I haven’t had any contact with any other clubs but am not planning a sabbatical, though it could of course be that I have to take one, or whatever a free half-year is called, I don’t know. I hadn’t planned any of this [to quit] but it was just right that we announced this today so that the club can plan ahead.

The only people that know who the owners are interested in employing are the owners themselves, Jon Rudkin, Susan whelan and the manager himself (and his agent)

Odds moving into 4/1 for O'Neill for example mean absolutely nothing. Probably a punter In Ireland just won a load on a horse and put a few hundred quid on it.

It's only when the deal is virtually agreed, more people will become aware and the odds will go into around 1/10 and then betting suspended. Hiddink, Lennon and O'Neill might not be of any interest to us. But the bookies have to have favourites. And when they have no idea it is guess work.

O'Neills odd shortened dramatically, wonder what that is about?

Doesn't his odds always shorten when we are looking for a manager? I think he was favourite before we re-appointed Pearson...

He's turned us down before, and to be honest I think its the best decision. What he did was great, but he's not the man he once was.

Again, this shows that the bookies know as much as we do. Bugger all!!

Archived