Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

The club has not mentioned anyone. There was a news report that the club had approached Hiddink, no credible source offered. I think the club is doing this very well seeing that all everyone has is rumour and supposition. I am glad the real dealing for a new manager is not being played out in the media. I think almost every fan is jumping at shadows in desperation to get good news. i think we may have to wait a bit longer. We may only be starting the interview process now for the selected candidates. i would hope the management will have a number of options.

Same as last time, there was absolutely nothing from anybody for a couple of weeks and then suddenly Pearson was appointed.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised that the same thing is happening again. This is how the club does its business.

Still can't see this happening. This is Leicester City there is another twist in store for us I'm sure.

Imagine this.....

2020 Leicester with Preki in charge lift the champions league and Preki wins manager of the year for the third time. 2 league titles 2 FA cups 3 League cups and now the champions league.

surely the great "Preki" will go down as the greatest manager to walk the earth as he takes little Leicester onto global domination.

Someone on Foxes talk digs up an old thread that was made when the first rumers were flying around that the then unknown Preki was coming to Leicester. 150 pages of pure panic about the prospect of Preki coming to our club. Threats of returning season tickets, mass demonstrations and boycotting the club's games.

Oh look how worried we were!

How shameful that we could have ever have doubted our amazing owners and the great

"SIR PREKI"

Same as last time, there was absolutely nothing from anybody for a couple of weeks and then suddenly Pearson was appointed.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised that the same thing is happening again. This is how the club does its business.

Agreed.  I know fans get desperate for information and want the best possible news immediately, but that is not how the world works.  If everyone took a chill pill everything would be much better with less pressure on everyone. 

Posted this in the other thread, as I think it's quite a good watch and offers a bit of insight into the bloke. I was quite impressed with how he seems to operate and how hands on he seems. He'd be a decent shout over some of the other names that have been thrown around, but to be honest, not sure I'd be that happy if he was to become manager (which I don't think he will - not high profile enough, IMO).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slc423Q49eE

Seriously.  We are not rudderless.  We have a working team of professional coaches and staff, none who left after Nigel was sacked.  Could say a lot in that frankly.  Now if they left in protest, then we would be in big trouble.  It is not ideal not to have a Manager for the team, but the players know the current staff and the style of play will be the same.  Just calm down and wait and see the facts when they are announced.

The world has not come to an end and I am sure we will be at least reasonably happy with the outcome, what ever it will be.  

We may not be rudderless now, but what's the point in having this rudder if the man they want to bring in has enterily and completely new ideas. No-one of course thinks we'll end up with players totally unfit and with no ability to play PL standard football, but the most important aspect is the direction of pre-season training and how we'll play. As a result it means potentially competing on the back foot as the season starts. If there's a time when we don't need to be making a bad start, especially with our pre-Christmas period, it's the start of the season

I'm perfectly calm, don't be casting accusations of desperation on me lol I'm just trying to offer an explanation of why people are so desperate and clamouring for any tit-bit of news. I think that's perfectly understandable when you sack a manager nearly everyone was happy with five weeks before the season begins, don't you? It's amazing the club have managed to keep everything so tight lipped. Either they've kept it in a tiny band of people or they have no clue.

Need a manager with prem experience. All these embarrassing rumours have made me paranoid and desperate. Would take McLeish, Lambert, Coyle etc in a heartbeat!

We may not be rudderless now, but what's the point in having this rudder if the man they want to bring in has enterily and completely new ideas. No-one of course thinks we'll end up with players totally unfit and with no ability to play PL standard football, but the most important aspect is the direction of pre-season training and how we'll play. As a result it means potentially competing on the back foot as the season starts. If there's a time when we don't need to be making a bad start, especially with our pre-Christmas period, it's the start of the season

I'm perfectly calm, don't be casting accusations of desperation on me lol I'm just trying to offer an explanation of why people are so desperate and clamouring for any tit-bit of news. I think that's perfectly understandable when you sack a manager nearly everyone was happy with five weeks before the season begins, don't you? It's amazing the club have managed to keep everything so tight lipped. Either they've kept it in a tiny band of people or they have no clue.

Please stop this they have no clue.  They aare and have employed professional people in this game.  They are doing a professional job of it.  To cast desperation to the owners and the management is just wrong.

Just wait. 

pfft not bothered about this bloke, if were going for second rate managers do something interesting and appoint the underdog. I don't know why but the last 24 hours events have got me intrigued by the prospect of Preki.

He is an outstanding manager and well thought of around the world and was chased by a number of nations and clubs not so long ago.  Would be a good choice if we got him.  But i don't think he is the target.

there was no link to klopp just rumour, same to lennon.....

Has there even been a rumour though? Someone has taken the fact he used to work with Previ and that is about it, or am I missing something? Lennon apparently said he was interested and Klopp there was at least some press interest.

Has there even been a rumour though? Someone has taken the fact he used to work with Previ and that is about it, or am I missing something? Lennon apparently said he was interested and Klopp there was at least some press interest.

talksport are talking about it. lennon was never on record as saying he was interested. no one apart from the tinkerman has said they are interested and big sam turned us down. 

Seriously.  We are not rudderless.  We have a working team of professional coaches and staff, none who left after Nigel was sacked.  Could say a lot in that frankly.  Now if they left in protest, then we would be in big trouble.  It is not ideal not to have a Manager for the team, but the players know the current staff and the style of play will be the same.  Just calm down and wait and see the facts when they are announced.

The world has not come to an end and I am sure we will be at least reasonably happy with the outcome, what ever it will be.  

Spot on. Most of the members of staff have been there for the same time as Nige. Shakey will be leading it and this is a good thing...for now.

talksport are talking about it. lennon was never on record as saying he was interested. no one apart from the tinkerman has said they are interested and big sam turned us down. 

Fair enough I just couldn't see a genuine link or even rumour anywhere!

The bookies ain't got a damn clue and neither does the media.

These unknowns like Preki are probably betting on themselves for a bit of discount PR.

I am surprised how fast SSN are to take any bait that is offered.

If I dropped $5000 on John Carver who do you think the media would be talking up tomorrow?

Archived