Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kasabian Pull No Punches

Can you not see that we live in modern times. The football dinosaurs are going. In most cases gone. You can't just shoot your mouth off anymore. I said earlier, and meant it, that the likes of Brian Clough were products of an age. Even back then, Clough rubbed an awful lot of people up the wrong way. He never wanted to leave Derby for instance.

Ferguson went at just the right time. He's a wily old fox and knew his rule was coming to an end.

The modern, media frenzied world, is about saying the right things. Acting in the right ways. Kissing ass, not pissing people off.

Now I'm not making a value judgment on this. I too found Pearson's 'own man' attitude sometimes quite refreshing.

BUT.... he overdid it.

He fell out with Radio Leicester, with journalists, with Gary Lineker (albeit briefly), with some sections of the fanbase.

There was 'fook off and die'. There was the wrestling incident on the touch line. There was 'ostrich gate'. There was Thailand.

All this nonsense happened in the course of a season.

I think it's highly probable that two things happened. Firstly, that the club wanted to sign players that Pearson wasn't sure about. And spend money he didn't want to spend. And secondly, that the owners patience finally reached its limit.

I remain angry with Nigel Pearson. He's a good manager. A motivator, a principled man, old school. BUT.. He didn't rein it in. He didn't control himself. He allowed the Thais the ammunition with which to finally sack him.

That's how I see it.

All those advocating that Pearson is a star for 'taking no shite'..take a long look at yourselves. He should of and could of toned it down a little. To be principled but in a more astute manner.

If he had of done, I think he'd still be our manager and all this bloody speculation and discussion would be redundant.

I'm not sure he's even too bothered actually. He'll get a job elsewhere and will be exactly the same elsewhere.

And for all those pining his departure. I doubt he gives two Fookin hoots.

If he's pissed off that he's been sacked (and takes legal action), it's because he's pissed off that he's not had his own way, NOT that he's not going to be Leicester City's manager anymore. There is a difference.

Sounds pretty much spot on to me. Absolutely love the guy but the "I am who I am" bit shows a lack of adaptability IMO

Smacks of an opinion of two people who are rather removed from the club.

Love the fact that Kasabian are Leicester fans but, let's face it, they haven't been going week in, week out over the last ten years because of whatever other commitments they have. The people who really appreciate what Pearson did are those who follow us up and down the country week in, week out. Not a rock band who go when they can.

The thing I loved most about Pearson was that you knew if you travelled 4 hours to go and watch us somewhere we'd give it a real good go and you'd see a team that cared. How can you appreciate that if you don't follow them in that manner?

Another point: people talk about a 'weird' loyalty to Pearson. There's nothing weird about having huge admiration for a man that took us from our lowest point to where we are now. Again, if you're involved and invested you get it. If you're not then you join the rest of the nation (and Kasabian) in not really knowing but seeing an ignorant, arrogant bully of a man.

Right, so if you had a very high paying job, doing what you love, but it required international travel and for you to miss going to a lot of games... then you would rather not do that job? You'd rather travel to Swansea?

Poor.

Would they have said this to him when they were behind the scenes with him?

I'm very disappointed that as fans of Leicester City people choose to focus on the media's portrayed persona of him rather than what he's achieved for us as a club.

If anyone dares say anything against Pearson on this board then the insults fly. You really are like petulant children who favourite toys been taken away. You have a blind faith in a man that non of you know other than the face he shows to the media, and that face is not a pleasant one.  If he was manager of any other club you'd completely agree with those of us that can't stand the man. When are you going to see what's right in front of you noses!  

I, for one am glad he's gone and that he won't be able to embarrass our club any more. We have fantastic owners who are prepared to put their money where their mouth is. Stop insulting the hand that feeds. Pearson has obviously done something bad enough for them to pull the plug this time. I personally thought he should have gone months ago. For the owners to get rid now MUST mean he's gone too far this time.  They don't have to tell us why but we should trust their judgement. 

And you think he didn't embarrass us with what went on on the pitch. Tactically for a majority of the season he didn't have a clue.

After the Man United game at home until well into the new year, we were absolutely terrible. During this period Pearson completely lost the plot!!!!  You seem to conveniently forget that. 

Guest MattP

I personally thought he should have gone months ago. For the owners to get rid now MUST mean he's gone too far this time. They don't have to tell us why but we should trust their judgement.

The only thing I thst embarrassed me about Pearson was the ease he won the Championship with.

As for thinking he should have gone months ago lol Fair play for admitting that, a lot won't now, thank god no one listened to you.

If anyone dares say anything against Pearson on this board then the insults fly. You really are like petulant children who favourite toys been taken away. You have a blind faith in a man that non of you know other than the face he shows to the media, and that face is not a pleasant one.  If he was manager of any other club you'd completely agree with those of us that can't stand the man. When are you going to see what's right in front of you noses!  

I, for one am glad he's gone and that he won't be able to embarrass our club any more. We have fantastic owners who are prepared to put their money where their mouth is. Stop insulting the hand that feeds. Pearson has obviously done something bad enough for them to pull the plug this time. I personally thought he should have gone months ago. For the owners to get rid now MUST mean he's gone too far this time.  They don't have to tell us why but we should trust their judgement. 

Yeah, but I don't.

I personally think those who are horrified by his character are easily influenced by the media. I'm not pretending he's an angel but ****ing hell.

And you think he didn't embarrass us with what went on on the pitch. Tactically for a majority of the season he didn't have a clue.

After the Man United game at home until well into the new year, we were absolutely terrible. During this period Pearson completely lost the plot!!!!  You seem to conveniently forget that. 

Even more conveniently you seem to forget what actually ended up happening. I'm not denying we spent a long period of the season being shite, I just think it's funny how anyone can come on here slamming people for having selective memories whilst singling out a part of one season - one that the end product ended up being sufficient.

You are so far up Pearson back side you can see the wood for the trees. I can't wait to see what club is crazy enough to take him and his son on next!! We will at least be able to laugh at him from afar. 

You are so far up Pearson back side you can see the wood for the trees. I can't wait to see what club is crazy enough to take him and his son on next!! We will at least be able to laugh at him from afar. 

Tbf I did find it tough being mocked by all the Forest fans when we were romping to the league. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who found that tough. Curse you, Nige, embarrassing the club like that.

I really can't believe you watched that many of the games last season to be saying that. It was hard work going week in, week out knowing that we would be watching Pearson negative approach to games. That negativity only disappeared when he really had no choice.  

Right, so if you had a very high paying job, doing what you love, but it required international travel and for you to miss going to a lot of games... then you would rather not do that job? You'd rather travel to Swansea?

You've deduced that from what I said how exactly?

I didn't state a preference. I simply said that one scenario would lead to you being more in touch with what's going on at the club and having an affinity with it more than the other.

Guest MattP

We'll be laughing at them all right, as much as other clubs supporters have been laughing at us the last two years.

Look at them twats winning the Champion with a 101 points.

You know them twats who appointed Pearson? Just scored their 5th against Man U.

Hahaha...wouldn't want to be a Leicester fan at the minute, finished 14th but they were bottom most of the season.

Foxestalk definition of 'blind faith' in relation to Pearson: refusing to discredit everything that he achieved with our team because of a few embarrassing press conferences.

The only example of people being blind is those refusing to see what he did for our club despite it being abundantly clear...

So what if he kicked off in a few Premier League press conferences. Guess what? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be hosting Premier League press conferences at the King Power Stadium.

He was sacked cos he brought the club in to disrepute one too many times. He's got his son to thank for that I suppose.

He was a good manager and I am thankful for what he has done for the club. He wasn't going to take us to the next level. I can't prove that but the owners are ambitious and it's time to start making a bit of noise in the top flight.

You've deduced that from what I said how exactly?

I didn't state a preference. I simply said that one scenario would lead to you being more in touch with what's going on at the club and having an affinity with it more than the other.

Who says they don't watch most of the matches via the television? Who says they are any less in touch than, say, a fan who attends 90% of home and away matches? Who determines what it means to be "in touch"?

And you did say:

The people who really appreciate what Pearson did are those who follow us up and down the country week in, week out. Not a rock band who go when they can.

which suggests, to me at least, that since you appreciate what Pearson has done, you'd place preference in going to every game rather than being in a rock band.

So what if he kicked off in a few Premier League press conferences. Guess what? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be hosting Premier League press conferences at the King Power Stadium.

Guess what? If it wasn't for the Thai owners, we wouldn't even have the King Power Stadium... I mean, it wouldn't be named that :P

We'll be laughing at them all right, as much as other clubs supporters have been laughing at us the last two years.

Look at them twats winning the Champion with a 101 points.

You know them twats who appointed Pearson? Just scored their 5th against Man U.

Hahaha...wouldn't want to be a Leicester fan at the minute, finished 14th but they were bottom most of the season.

I'm going to burn all their records immediately.

You do realise that some morons will take you seriously Webbo  lol

Anyway, back to the OP... rock stars don't like football manager, hold the front page  :ph34r:

As much as I love the Kasabian lads, I'm not sure why their opinion on Pearson would hold any greater sway than any other fan.

Who cares how arrogant he is though? His job is to manage Leucester City and he's done that extremely well.

Given the choice of the "arrogant" Pearson who knew how to manage our football club and the "character" Holloway who didn't, I know who I'd rather have in charge.

We've seen so many dire managers here over the years, I thought people would be happy with actually having a good one for once, but people seemed annoyed with him because of the complete irrelevance of his media persona.

I don't get it.

You hope that a professional manager who has no real affection for the club to win a legal case against your football club?

Id argue he would have as much affection for this club than anybody else.

He is the one that worked 6 days a week, everyday on the training ground over many years. Coaching players, watching them improve.

He built this team, experienced the lows and was rewarded with the highs.

Some of you turn up every other match day. He was there everyday.

He put more heart and soul into this club in 6 years than some City 'fans' have done in their lifetime.

@MrRandom - Cos people think there proper Leicester lads and we should listen to their opinions on football

I like listening to their opinions on all kinds of things, football included. Doesn't mean of course it holds any great weight in the grand scheme of things.

Archived