Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kasabian Pull No Punches

Right, so if you had a very high paying job, doing what you love, but it required international travel and for you to miss going to a lot of games... then you would rather not do that job? You'd rather travel to Swansea?

Because that's exactly the point that was being made wasn't it?

You are so far up Pearson back side you can see the wood for the trees. I can't wait to see what club is crazy enough to take him and his son on next!! We will at least be able to laugh at him from afar. 

Keep trotting that shit out like it means owt. You don't fool me.

Foxestalk definition of 'blind faith' in relation to Pearson: refusing to discredit everything that he achieved with our team because of a few embarrassing press conferences.

The only example of people being blind is those refusing to see what he did for our club despite it being abundantly clear...

So what if he kicked off in a few Premier League press conferences. Guess what? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be hosting Premier League press conferences at the King Power Stadium.

I wouldn't even mind some of the anti-Pearson stuff if there were proper arguments. As usual it's bollocks like "you're up his arse" as if that even means anything. Some of our actual fans would crawl up someone who's trying to shit-stir our season over our manager lol astonishing. Why not just admit you don't like him? Weirdos.

Firstly, the only reason I have ever been remotely grateful for Kasabian was that it meant people stopped thinking that the best music ever to come out of Leicester was Showaddywaddy. But it's a close run thing if we're honest. I know a journalist who interviewed them in 2004 or 2005 and they couldn't stop shutting up about how they were 'in it for the north' in fake Manc accents. When he told them that he was from Leicester too they suddenly toned it down a bit. But, you know, a year ago I went to a party in Leon, Spain, when a load of people were playing Camaron de la Isla and saying he came from their village. I played them Kasabian and said the same thing and they spent about ten minutes laughing before telling me never to put another song on for as long as I lived.

And I'm amazed that there are people out there who claim to be Leicester fans but 'can't stand' Pearson. I'm ashamed to have taken the same side as some of these people back in March when, for a while, it seemed to make sense to get rid of him. Whereas I rejoiced in the fact that I was wrong, others clearly felt they had to pine for the day that their deep-held anti-Pearson prejudices could see the light again.

Pearson, regardless of whether we thought he was any good in 2008 or 2011 or 2013 or March 2015, is one of our club's best ever managers. He's taken us more places up the league - 31 in total - than any other boss in our history, and he was well over half-way there before our current owners turned up and set us back three years. If you can't be grateful for that, and just a little bit sad to see him gone, then I have to wonder whether you're a Leicester fan at all.

And whereas you can speculate all day about what he might have said to the board, or how much better things might get under a new manager (which, of course, I hope they do), there are actually some solid facts out there which suggest - like it or not - that Pearson is one of the best ever things to happen to our club.

But then again I remember a smoky pub in October 2000, full of people saying that O'Neill had got lucky, the players feared him, he should have done better in 99, he hadn't taken the club forward in years. They shut the hell up before long, of course. Hopefully the modern day equivalents won't need a total financial and footballing collapse to realise how much nonsense they're talking.

I wouldn't even mind some of the anti-Pearson stuff if there were proper arguments. As usual it's bollocks like "you're up his arse" as if that even means anything. Some of our actual fans would crawl up someone who's trying to shit-stir our season over our manager lol astonishing. Why not just admit you don't like him? Weirdos.

Because that would make them look bad.

Some people do just say it of course but others have realised it reflects better on them if they make up reasons like bad image or poor form - not particularly good reasons but it allows him to hide behind something that sounds reasonable.

Personally I don't know why people dislike him. Pearson's outbursts were all the result of his temper flaring up because of a defeat. He was always civil in between matches. Irritable at times but it wasn't as if he had a bad character.

You know, I was critical of him back in March. I thought there was a genuine, sensible argument for him to go. I was very, very grateful, however, for what he'd achieved and felt that most of his critics were equally balanced. But some of these posts, full of 'what a horrid man he was' and 'I bet he did something awful to get sacked' and 'things are going to be way better now he's gone', really show a few people up.

It's clearer than ever that some of those who thought Sven was the future never quite dropped it, and even though the overwhelming weight of historical fact indicated that they'd been wrong, they were waiting for their moment to celebrate Pearson's demise. I remember slating Mark and Harry and Matt and whoever else for their arguing that some people were itching for their chance to slate Big Nige, but these past few days have shown how wrong I was.

Because that would make them look bad.

Some people do just say it of course but others have realised it reflects better on them if they make up reasons like bad image or poor form - not particularly good reasons but they allow people who dislike him to hide behind something that sounds reasonable.

Personally I don't know why people dislike him. Pearson's outbursts were all the result of his temper flaring up because of a defeat. He was always civil in between matches. Irritable at times but it's a characteristic I found very easy to tolerate.

I can perfectly understand why a person might not like Pearson as a person. But surely any serious Leicester City fan has to think a lot of him as a manager.

I've seen people arguing that firing him represents ambition, that we need a big name, that we don't know what he did to get fired or that it was the board rather than he who were behind all of our success. But the facts are there - that we came up 2 divisions, 31 league positions (more than under any other manager) under his reign - and whether journalists or Sven-ites or people in Bangkok airports like that or not, it's far more telling an argument than some faint inkling that we'd have been better off all along without him.

You know, I was critical of him back in March. I thought there was a genuine, sensible argument for him to go. I was very, very grateful, however, for what he'd achieved and felt that most of his critics were equally balanced. But some of these posts, full of 'what a horrid man he was' and 'I bet he did something awful to get sacked' and 'things are going to be way better now he's gone', really show a few people up.

It's clearer than ever that some of those who thought Sven was the future never quite dropped it, and even though the overwhelming weight of historical fact indicated that they'd been wrong, they were waiting for their moment to celebrate Pearson's demise. I remember slating Mark and Harry and Matt and whoever else for their arguing that some people were itching for their chance to slate Big Nige, but these past few days have shown how wrong I was.

I thought your arguments against him were about as reasoned as anyone's and I agreed with the majority of them. He eventually lost me too last season. Very few could look you in the eye after that Hull game and tell you they genuinely believed we were going to survive.

I think it's, ironically, a complete difference in perspective between fans. I don't know what causes it - but some just seem to have this infatuation with big names and splashing money regardless of where it's looking like taking us. I fell for the Sven hype, but it was a lesson to me.

I worry that Top & Vichai have bought into this philosophy that spending equals success, and that Pearson was sacked because he didn't want Charlie Austin (as well as a couple of others perhaps) and to be honest, do we really need to break our transfer record on yet another striker? Bloody hell, I was struggling to see where we were fitting our current strikers in in a formation that uses three of them. Plus, I think Okazaki's style suits Pearson's tactics more than Austin would.

Those characters who've had it in for him have always been about. Impossible to even argue with it. Go missing when he's doing well and revel when it's going wrong. I quote one bloke at Derby away "I wouldn't like him if he won us the Champions League" lol is he really THAT bad? I'm not saying that people should all like his personality, everyone's different, but the way some go on about his actions you'd think he'd joined the Islamic State.

They've achieved more than Pearson ever will

Nice one. With that you've just convinced me it was the perfect decision.

Kasabian now a bunch of ***** for having a different opinion to the majority of us?

Seem like top blokes everytime i met them....even remembered me at posh away two years in a row in the corporate bit, bought us a drink aswell.

Who exactly has called them that? I'm just disappointed that they chose to focus on this supposed personality of his rather than the good he's done for us.

Why?

Pearson hasn't been sacked for performance related reasons......this is a far greater contributor as to why he has been let go.

Kasabian now a bunch of ***** for having a different opinion to the majority of us?

Seem like top blokes everytime i met them....even remembered me at posh away two years in a row in the corporate bit, bought us a drink aswell.

No, they're just a bunch of *****. For my part, at least, I think my criticism was evidently non-footballing. But there's nothing particularly wrong with Kasabian, other than that they're not very good and their opinion is less interesting than that of pretty much anyone else in the world.

And I fail to see why them remembering you should sway the argument one way or the other. I met a guy once who John Lennon picked a fight with. It didn't make John Lennon any less of a genius, the barfly any less of a drunken prat, or either of them any more knowledgeable about football.

Guest Cujek

I will be honest, I wouldnt even know who they are if they didnt randomly turn up at half time sometimes.

I will be honest, I wouldnt even know who they are if they didnt randomly turn up at half time sometimes.

I moved abroad 6 or 7 years ago and was shocked that kids in overseas schools had never heard of Kasabian. Not in Spain, Germany, France. Then I went back to England and found out that nobody outside of Leicester seemed to give a crap about them either. Overseas again and, guess what, not a soul knows who they are. Everybody seems to have heard of Leicester City though, even if they haven't heard of Kasabian, or King Power for that matter. Maybe the board should take notice of that.

Why?

Pearson hasn't been sacked for performance related reasons......this is a far greater contributor as to why he has been let go.

What do you mean why?

I'm not bothered. I disagree with it. Simple as that. It's happened, doesn't mean I'm happy with it.

I find the backlash on here when anyone dares to say anything negative about Pearson really annoying and quite laughable, really.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and, to be honest, the comments about Pearson that Kasabian made are pretty much on the nose. Get over it!

I find the backlash on here when anyone dares to say anything negative about Pearson really annoying and quite laughable, really.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and, to be honest, the comments about Pearson that Kasabian made are pretty much on the nose. Get over it!

Most fans of most football clubs think a great deal of their most successful ever managers. They tend to get a bit annoyed when they leave, or when they're criticised by people who'd have preferred an incompetent previous manager to have been in charge all along, or when people invent stories about them defending racists, or argue that their exit was a good thing because 'things will probably just keep getting better anyway'.

We all want things to keep getting better, of course. But if you're annoyed and simultaneously amused by fans who wish to defend one of their club's historically best managers against a barrage of nonsensical criticism (most of it from people who have been consistently against him, regardless of how well he's been doing - i.e. mostly very well - since the day he arrived) then I'd love to see your reaction to an impassioned defence of, say, Sven. Presumably you'd just implode.

The reason there's a backlash to criticism of Pearson is just this. He's been among the most important and influential figures in the club's history, and taken us higher up the divisions from start to finish than any of our other 30-odd managers.

I'd expect a backlash on any forum of any club in the world if I went on and argued that one of their great past managers or players was actually rubbish and deserving of whatever misfortune they ended up suffering. If you posted a message saying that Cambiasso, Izzet, Lineker, O'Neill or Weller was crap would you be annoyed and amused by the backlash then?

Look, a lot of us thought there was a case for firing Pearson back in March. It looked to many a sane man like it would be best if he left, regardless of how good a job he'd done in the past, but in the end that turned out to be wrong. I thought it, I was wrong too; totally, spectacularly wrong. It's clear now that a great many people never quite came to terms with that.

As for getting over it, I see no reason why a fan should conveniently erase five and a half happy years from their memories. It doesn't mean they can't look to the future and get unequivocally behind the new manager, regardless of whether they're too keen on the day he's appointed. If he takes us 5 or 6 places up the league, maybe wins us a cup, does something to begin to replicate the advances made by Pearson then I sincerely hope those lamenting his loss today will be more gracious than those who lamented, of all people, Sven's loss back in 2011.

I keep hearing that people should support the club, not Pearson. At times in the past - for instance when some said they'd rather be relegated with Pearson than stay up without him - that seemed understandable. But to suggest it's wrong to be sad about the exit of a manager as good as Pearson, or that we should be glad of it, is hardly what you'd expect of anyone who supports the club.

Most fans ....

I won't quote the whole lot but you've made a lot of fair and balanced points on here lately. You're wasted on a football forum really as these places tend to attract plenty of people who focus purely on either extreme rather than seeing the bigger picture.

Yep, some very good points there, eloquently made. Fair play, but can't help but feel you've taken my comments out of context.

I'm not arguing that Pearson did a fantastic job here and of course people are going to defend him, especially when they are still reeling from the news of him leaving. There is a fine line though for me before that turns into a blind defence of all things Pearson, with anyone not in full agreement or who has a slightly different opinion lambasted and labelled as a Pearson hater. 

I most certainly wasn't a Pearson hater, but to me the words Tom Meighan used to describe Pearson were bang on the nose. Where did I say that people should be 'glad' of his exit? My comments were in relation to this thread and the Meighan/Kasabian comments, which I agree with. I have a different opinion to some people, it happens, so get over it.

This Serge and Tom are top blokes, Ive known them since I was 13 and they have always been the way you see them today...always up for banter and always having an opinion....why cant someone have an opinion!

I have always backed Pearson, even when many on here were bashing him and saying he had to go...but at the same time Im not sad to see him go....Ill only be sad if I am not impressed with the chosen next manager.

Pearson was rude arrogant stubborn and slow to embrace change. People keep saying "in his private life", well this is his professional life and that is what we judge him on as a manager. We don't know what happened but I suspect he was hoist by his own petard.

I'm not 'happy' that he has been sacked. But I'm not devastated either. Life (and LCFC) go on and the 'gambler' on me feels that rolling the dice is a more preferred option than repeating the desperation that was most of last season. The last nine games is not a recipe that can be repeated. Teams were generally not that bothered whether they got a result against us. Burnley and sland who really needed results were not the kind of performances that filled me with anticipation re next season.

We played in a way that was suited to get results against teams that were prepared to have a 'game' against us. That doesn't thappen too often in the PL.

anyway, the owners have decided that they don't want to be relegated whilst sitting on pile of cash and I can understand that. Add in the off the field antics and you have the reasons for his sacking. I am concerned that we get the right man in next. That's why I didn't call for Pearson to be sacked last feb/March. Who was available that could do a better job and was prepared to come to us? Who knew the players as well as he did. Who could instil belief into them. No one was the answer and so it proved.

The owners clearly feel that they cannot afford to get into the same position and are not prepared to take the same 'safe' route that Pearson wanted to. is that the 'perspective' point in the statement?

Of course, many will feel that the safe route is the best for us and only time will tell if that's the case.

If we make a good appointment then it's going to be a fun ride. make a bad one and it's going to be unpleasant, especially on FT!

Archived