Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kasabian Pull No Punches

Emilio - or yours. Same difference.

That's what I'm saying. Just because they have a platform doesn't make their opinion any more valid or worthy of taking note than some plank on the t'interweb.

The 'arrogant' tag that Pearson has been labeled with has always irked me, as it just seems to be a lazy caricature that doesn't tie in with any of the things he says in public. When has he ever bigged up his own credentials? Has he ever tried to take all the credit for himself? Tried to shift blame onto his players or other people? No. He always credited his backroom team and the players when things went well, and stood up to take blame when things went badly.

He could be thought of as being curt, and a bit blunt with the media, but a lot of that was down to his refusal to feed into the pointless guff that the tabloid sports media likes to perpetuate. He didn't comment on transfers, because he thought it disrespectful to other managers and the players involved.

And if we are truly honest, the arrogant tag could be thrown onto almost every sodding manager in the Premier League: Mourinho is massively arrogant, Van Gaal is too. Pulis has been accused of it, Sam Allardyce has always been arrogant. Brendan Rogers is arrogant. Harry Redknapp is pretty arrogant, the guy is a shameless self promoter. Tim Sherwood comes across as one of the biggest egotists anyone has ever seen, and the media lap it up. Maybe you couldn't say it about Roberto Martinez, and who knows about Pochettino - the guy spent his first season in England doing all his interviews with an interpreter, even though his English was perfectly good enough - almost as if he wanted to avoid all the bollocks the press generates. Kasabian themselves have often been labelled arrogant, especially the way they talk about some other musicians.

Thinking you're arrogant, being arrogant, or being perceived as arrogant are entirely separate matters, sadly only the latter counts.

The manager's you've cited are all perceived as arrogant, the difference is the amount of 'controversy' Pearson managed to generate in such a short period of time marks him out as an unlikable arrogant man (again whether he is, is sadly immaterial), the others however either schmooz the press, have the benefit of being 'foreign' and therefore it is seen as more acceptable, or win the major honours. Mourinho left Madrid because his whole act didn't wash with the Spanish press of the club hierarchy, over here the press have been in awe of him - likewise Van Gaal has gotten away with murder (metaphorically speaking) because his repuatation as a master tactician has left the press somewhat cowed.  Big Sam was hounded out of West Ham, Pulis has a 'ceiling' of club placed on him and Sherwood struggled to find work after leaving Spurs. I think Pearson will get a job relatively quickly, I'd imagine in the Premier league too, if he wants to manage a more prestigious side he will need to (as many on here said last season) adjust his interaction with the press.

That's what I'm saying. Just because they have a platform doesn't make their opinion any more valid or worthy of taking note than some plank on the t'interweb.

Have they ever claimed that it did?

Love Pearson and Love Kasabian but how pointless was this? Like their opinion is at all more informed than other Leicester fans'. If they slagged the sacking off then they probably would have cut their ties with the club.

they'll be fully stringered when nige returns in 6 months though :D 

So by your logic there's a level of money at which people stop being dedicated to their job and career and loyal to their employer? I've read some daft things on here but that has to be up there, bravo.

I'd give up for a while if I were you otherwise the whole place will have you on ignore and you'll end up trolling yourself.

He didn't say dedicated and loyal. He said he put more of his "heart and soul" into the club than fans, which is nonsense. Pearson was am employee, he wasn't there every day because he loves the club, he was there because he was getting paid. Us fans are there voluntarily because we really do love the club.

I think a lot of people out there don't dislike Pearson at all. He was nominated for manager-of-the-year, voted the manager people would most like to see as Prime Minister and was seen as 'comedy gold' by a lot of neutrals, many of which his team won over with their end-of-season surge. It's hardly outright hatred.

Can anybody pull up any examples of Pearson being arrogant? I think the comments about Burnley probably are arrogant although true.

When has he specifically been arrogant?

It's not laughable or pathetic to say bland rock is shit. I honestly have no idea how well known they are because like most people with taste I have no interest in their music, the only time I ever even read about them is when they get a mention on here. What is pathetic is the amount of people who seem to think that because Kasabian support LCFC we should all support Kasabian, as though having a rock band for fans gives us precious bragging rights over other clubs, bragging rights which we can't afford to lose by putting them off LCFC with our pointing out that their opinion is horseshit.

I don't particularly like their music either but as a band, they've lasted longer, sold more records and filled more stadiums than most other bands of their genre.

I dont value their opinion, i'm just saying that people can disagree with them, but its pathetic to have to resort to, 'they're fvcking shit' just because they dislike Pearson.

People are taking this too personally.

Can anybody pull up any examples of Pearson being arrogant? I think the comments about Burnley probably are arrogant although true.

Arrogance is as much a demeanour as what you say. There are plenty of examples of that but obviously that doesnt mean that he is.

There's been many times when he's been interviewed that he has come across as arrogant and I find it hard to believe that anyone would deny that (again, thats how he has come across and not necessarily how he is).

I don't particularly like their music either but as a band, they've lasted longer, sold more records and filled more stadiums than most other bands of their genre.

I dont value their opinion, i'm just saying that people can disagree with them, but its pathetic to have to resort to, 'they're fvcking shit' just because they dislike Pearson.

Ah it's like when people disagree with each other on here and resort to name calling or petty insults.

It's a forum, it's about opinions, you may not agree but that's the idea, if everyone agreed there would be no discussion and ultimately no forum, but nah just resort to name calling and insults when they can't have a decent discussion.

Ah it's like when people disagree with each other on here and resort to name calling or petty insults.

It's a forum, it's about opinions, you may not agree but that's the idea, if everyone agreed there would be no discussion and ultimately no forum, but nah just resort to name calling and insults when they can't have a decent discussion.

I agree.

Hang on, no wait I can't agree else...

That's not my point - "they're fvcking shit" regardless of what they think of Pearson. :D  I enjoyed that nananananana song briefly but it's been years since Kasabian became my go-to band in conversations about dirgy, boring rock.  Thing is it worked out pretty well for them because you have to be pretty dull and unadventurous to get such mainstream appeal, so fair play to them, they're doing a better job of the life game than I am.  I'm just reserving the right to assert that their music is shit without being accused of having loved them until they said something nasty about Nigel because that's absurd.

Very good question.

I have been well confused by people saying NP is arrogant. He gets brasses off with people, he is outspoken, he doesnt suffer fools gladly. But I don't remember any interview when he has come across as having an inflated over exaggerated opinion of his own skills or abilities.

Very good question.

I have been well confused by people saying NP is arrogant. He gets brasses off with people, he is outspoken, he doesnt suffer fools gladly. But I don't remember any interview when he has come across as having an inflated over exaggerated opinion of his own skills or abilities.

He's always praising others, he's very humble, he comes across as a bit of a dick in interviews but he only gets prickly when journalists ask silly questions or stupid ones

If anyone dares say anything against Pearson on this board then the insults fly. You really are like petulant children who favourite toys been taken away. You have a blind faith in a man that non of you know other than the face he shows to the media, and that face is not a pleasant one. If he was manager of any other club you'd completely agree with those of us that can't stand the man. When are you going to see what's right in front of you noses!

I, for one am glad he's gone and that he won't be able to embarrass our club any more. We have fantastic owners who are prepared to put their money where their mouth is. Stop insulting the hand that feeds. Pearson has obviously done something bad enough for them to pull the plug this time. I personally thought he should have gone months ago. For the owners to get rid now MUST mean he's gone too far this time. They don't have to tell us why but we should trust their judgement.

You are an insult to the late, great Keith- get yourself another name, please!

I fully supported Pearson even last season when a lot were saying he should go I could see us getting out of trouble, and if not he would have been, in my opinion, the best man to get us back up. But you have to get over it otherwise you'll become the new haters on the forum looking for and critiscising every bad result, decision, tactic and interview.

The next manager may be great, he may spend the money wisely on a better calibre of player pushing us into the top ten and beyond, Pearson isn't the only good manager out there. And likewise Pearson could have a nightmare at his next club, or turn out to be a regular relegation scrapper. Whatever happens, support the club, the owners have and are great for our club, never have we been as secure and stable as we are now and we have never shown as much ambition. Nothing much has changed at the club, a new man will come in and things will continue. Support Leicester, our club, no one is bigger than the club.

I have got over it and moved on, and if you'd read any of my previous posts, I'm always calling for fans to support the club regardless of who the manager is or whether you like them or not.

I don't like the direction we appear to be moving on though and I don't think Pearson deserves to be laughed at. However I will be supporting the club, our new head coach, our owners that don't appear to have learnt from the Sven era and still will be when it all goes tits up.

Hopefully it won't but I think it's got disaster written all over it.

I'm a huge Kasabian fan for their music.

For their opinions on our football team I don't really care. Although, hen I saw them at O2 academy Leicester they dedicated "Goodbye Kiss" to Sven and then instigated a Martin O Neill chant if I remember correctly? Little bit cringeworthy at the time and I remember thinking that, yes, they do love our club but they also want it to be a big name club like it used to be in the 90s for them growing up. Nigel Peaeson isn't big time enough for them I believe.

Also their one2eleven on sky sports wasn't that great of a team imo

Archived