Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kasabian Pull No Punches

NP is rude and arrogant. But so what? So are Fergie and Jose. It's not a bad quality to have. 

Ultimately NP got better results than possibly any other manager in our history and has transformed the club which was in a dark place after Holloway. Call him a pr*ck or a tw*t but I would still have him every day of the week if he gets results. 

I've heard today he was sacked because he was offered big money to spend but he refused and was happy to go about his buisiness as he was buying players that would fit in and build a team rather (Which was already working) than spending big and getting player who might not fit in or might upset other players.

But who am to say.

All I am saying is though pretty much every reason for his sacking that i've heard he has grounds to take legal action, and I really hope he wins.

If that's the truth, then it's a fvcking disgrace.

If that's true, then it's like the owners either have very short memories, or just haven't been paying attention.

If that's the real reason that NP's gone, then I'd find it extremely difficult to forgive the owners, to be honest.

Why on Earth would you want to gamble big money, when you're achieving steady improvement, year after year, on a fairly modest budget?

If we end up relegated this season (which isn't unlikely now), and I found out this was true, I would be absolutely fvcking livid. It would mean we had wasted the one chance in 15 long years (and probably a lot longer, considering the quickly increasing gap to the Football League) to cement our place at the top table, over petty, idiotic bull5hit. I think I'd find it very difficult to ever get enthusiastic about football again after that point.

When you get hold of a manager like Pearson, who gets you higher up the league every season without fail, while spending sensibly, you should be doing everything in your power to keep hold of him and keep him happy. To think that we might have lost him because he wanted to spend LESS than the owners did! Sickening.

It's never black or white ... to one person it is arrogance to another it is self confidence. I think I want a manager who has some arrogance and who might be rude (verbally). What I didn't want was a manager lurching from gaff to gaff or falling out with the owners so they had to decide they would rather live without him than carry on with him... and hence we have lost stability and I expect we will lose momentum in the short term. Like this pop combo I might describe np in similar terms...but it's the part of him that has pressed the self destruct button that I criticize.

NP is rude and arrogant. But so what? So are Fergie and Jose. It's not a bad quality to have.

Ultimately NP got better results than possibly any other manager in our history and has transformed the club which was in a dark place after Holloway. Call him a pr*ck or a tw*t but I would still have him every day of the week if he gets results.

Can you not see that we live in modern times. The football dinosaurs are going. In most cases gone. You can't just shoot your mouth off anymore. I said earlier, and meant it, that the likes of Brian Clough were products of an age. Even back then, Clough rubbed an awful lot of people up the wrong way. He never wanted to leave Derby for instance.

Ferguson went at just the right time. He's a wily old fox and knew his rule was coming to an end.

The modern, media frenzied world, is about saying the right things. Acting in the right ways. Kissing ass, not pissing people off.

Now I'm not making a value judgment on this. I too found Pearson's 'own man' attitude sometimes quite refreshing.

BUT.... he overdid it.

He fell out with Radio Leicester, with journalists, with Gary Lineker (albeit briefly), with some sections of the fanbase.

There was 'fook off and die'. There was the wrestling incident on the touch line. There was 'ostrich gate'. There was Thailand.

All this nonsense happened in the course of a season.

I think it's highly probable that two things happened. Firstly, that the club wanted to sign players that Pearson wasn't sure about. And spend money he didn't want to spend. And secondly, that the owners patience finally reached its limit.

I remain angry with Nigel Pearson. He's a good manager. A motivator, a principled man, old school. BUT.. He didn't rein it in. He didn't control himself. He allowed the Thais the ammunition with which to finally sack him.

That's how I see it.

All those advocating that Pearson is a star for 'taking no shite'..take a long look at yourselves. He should of and could of toned it down a little. To be principled but in a more astute manner.

If he had of done, I think he'd still be our manager and all this bloody speculation and discussion would be redundant.

I'm not sure he's even too bothered actually. He'll get a job elsewhere and will be exactly the same elsewhere.

And for all those pining his departure. I doubt he gives two Fookin hoots.

If he's pissed off that he's been sacked (and takes legal action), it's because he's pissed off that he's not had his own way, NOT that he's not going to be Leicester City's manager anymore. There is a difference.

Let me just pick up all the toys you poor little Pearsonite's babies have thrown out of the pram. I've never heard so much drivel in all my life. The Kasabian comments on Pearson are just what a lot of people have wanted to say for a long time but couldn't!!

FOR GOD'S SAKES GROW UP.

if people had wanted to say it for a long time (including kasabian) then why didn't they? give me up front, says what he thinks honesty and integrity like Nigel, than snearing, snidy, gutless wonders like kasabian (and these other "people" who have wanted to say something but haven't) any day of the week la'.

Isn't it Tom Meighan's job to be controversial, he's a front man with a band, a poor mans Liam Gallagher. He doesn't write the songs, doesn't play an instrument, not a particularly good singer, he's just stoking the fire, Done a good job judging by this thread. A bit of arrogance isn't that bad whether you're a singer or a manager.

Can you not see that we live in modern times. The football dinosaurs are going. In most cases gone. You can't just shoot your mouth off anymore. I said earlier, and meant it, that the likes of Brian Clough were products of an age. Even back then, Clough rubbed an awful lot of people up the wrong way. He never wanted to leave Derby for instance.

Ferguson went at just the right time. He's a wily old fox and knew his rule was coming to an end.

The modern, media frenzied world, is about saying the right things. Acting in the right ways. Kissing ass, not pissing people off.

Now I'm not making a value judgment on this. I too found Pearson's 'own man' attitude sometimes quite refreshing.

BUT.... he overdid it.

He fell out with Radio Leicester, with journalists, with Gary Lineker (albeit briefly), with some sections of the fanbase.

There was 'fook off and die'. There was the wrestling incident on the touch line. There was 'ostrich gate'. There was Thailand.

I think it's highly probable that two things happened. Firstly, that the club wanted to sign players that Pearson wasn't sure about. And spend money he didn't want to spend. And secondly, that the owners patience finally reached its limit.

I remain angry with Nigel Pearson. He's a good manager. A motivator, a principled man, old school. BUT.. He didn't rein it in. He didn't control himself. He allowed the Thais the ammunition with which to finally sack him.

That's how I see it.

All those advocating that Pearson is a star for 'taking no shite'..take a long look at yourselves. He should of and could of toned it down a little. To be principled but in a more astute manner.

If he had of done, I think he'd still be our manager and all this bloody speculation and discussion would be redundant.

I'm not sure he's even too bothered actually. He'll get a job elsewhere and will be exactly the same elsewhere.

If he's pissed off that he's been sacked (and takes legal action), it's because he's pissed off that he's not had his own way, NOT that he's not going to be Leicester City's manager anymore. There is a difference.

agree and disagree but I'll pick you up on a couple of points...

if he allowed them the ammunition (these things you reference happened during the season) why didn't they sack him almost immediately at the end of the season? the phantom sacking I believe was for football reasons not his persona. the real sacking was much more likely to be due to his refusal to sign big name players, otherwise why wait until now then go nuts with big offers?

I also don't accept the premise that modern football is all nicey nice and say the right things, mourinho walks out of conferences, wenger pushes him on the touch line, van gaal throws strops on camera, people accuse the FA of conspiracies, refs get slagged left right and centre. if anything modern football is more morally bankrupt and cess filled than ever.

Ultimately the Kasabian boys are fans,like all of us.Only difference is they met and spoke to NP(i assume).

It's their opinion.

I agree,however, that having sacked NP the board should show the ambition that they talk about and not appoint Neil Lennon,much as we loved him.

So because Leicester fans who happen to be in a band and in the media mean they are bellends, arseholes etc. because they have an opinion on their/our club?

I like Pearson and I like Kasabian, not particularly arsed what they think. As the saying goes, opinions are like arseholes...

Omg who cares. Great music and by all accounts very nice fellas, but they obviously aren't the brightest.

Opinions on Pearson will rage on, I always respected him (even if he is arrogant). He did a great job for the club but had his failings also.

We have no choice but to move on.

So because Leicester fans who happen to be in a band and in the media mean they are bellends, arseholes etc. because they have an opinion on their/our club?

I like Pearson and I like Kasabian, not particularly arsed what they think. As the saying goes, opinions are like arseholes...

everyone has one, but some peoples are shítty?

Omg who cares. Great music and by all accounts very nice fellas, but they obviously aren't the brightest.

Opinions on Pearson will rage on, I always respected him (even if he is arrogant). He did a great job for the club but had his failings also.

We have no choice but to move on.

"having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities." really? I've thought he was a stickler, rigid, maybe even occasionally pompous, but I just never saw him as arrogant.

You hope that a professional manager who has no real affection for the club to win a legal case against your football club?

Jimmeh ....welcome to the CULT OF PEARSON

It's scary ...so called fans wishing him to damage THIER club

Unbelievable

Me, along with a lot of other people met pearson outside of the huddersfield ground at the last game of the championship winning season, and he was lovely to everyone, genuinly nice guy, and very differnt to what you see on tv, laughing joking and he was just a genuine guy.
for Those two to say that about him after a man just lost a job he clearly cares so much about is bang out of order. I have just lost a lot of respect for those two

Smacks of an opinion of two people who are rather removed from the club.

Love the fact that Kasabian are Leicester fans but, let's face it, they haven't been going week in, week out over the last ten years because of whatever other commitments they have. The people who really appreciate what Pearson did are those who follow us up and down the country week in, week out. Not a rock band who go when they can.

The thing I loved most about Pearson was that you knew if you travelled 4 hours to go and watch us somewhere we'd give it a real good go and you'd see a team that cared. How can you appreciate that if you don't follow them in that manner?

Another point: people talk about a 'weird' loyalty to Pearson. There's nothing weird about having huge admiration for a man that took us from our lowest point to where we are now. Again, if you're involved and invested you get it. If you're not then you join the rest of the nation (and Kasabian) in not really knowing but seeing an ignorant, arrogant bully of a man.

I guarantee there is more chance that Pearson got sacked because he was a man of principle and refused to spunk money and pay ludicrous wages in a futile attempt to reach the top six, than there is in any of the nonsense you're spouting mate.

Strange because most people seem to think it's down to foad, ostrich, **** etc and his son and his reaction to that. 

Do we want a manger who wouldn't go for top 6 if given the chance, however unlikely it may be?

BUT.... he overdid it.

That's how I see it.

Well thought out and balanced post Col. It is such a shame as well because potentially NP might have even taken us slightly further up the table and maybe even gone quite far in one of the cups

Fingers crossed whoever comes in next can keep the momentum going or maybe even increase it

Well being rude and arrogant isn't a quality and even if it was why is it not bad? 

Apart from Leicester fans do you know anyone that can find excuses/reasons for his behaviour? Many think he is a rude and arrogant.

Strange because most people seem to think it's down to foad, ostrich, **** etc and his son and his reaction to that. 

Do we want a manger who wouldn't go for top 6 if given the chance, however unlikely it may be?

I would rather we went for it in a sustainable and sensible way rather than shit or bust. 

Archived