Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

How much is sports mania Rich? I have two MCKTV accounts and I'm thinking of trialling something new, as renewing at MCKTV can be a ballache.

I did a three month sub, think it was about £17, so good value too. You can try a day or a week to start off with too if you want to test it out. I haven't got any complaints to be honest. 

Also, I've found subbing and renewing to be super easy. Once you've paid you get more or less instant access. 

Edited by indierich06
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Strokes said:

How much is sports mania Rich? I have two MCKTV accounts and I'm thinking of trialling something new, as renewing at MCKTV can be a ballache.

When you say you have 2 accounts @Strokes, you mean you pay twice? So £8 a month? 

Because you can pay £7 a month which enables you to watch Mcktv on 3 devices simultaneously. 

Edited by stix

10 hours ago, Durnerz said:

I've just got on Kodi, loving it at the moment and the quality has surprised me.

Same here had it for a couple of weeks, eventually managed to download a subtitles add on last night and then worked out how to turn them on. 

Only took about an hour and a half!!

I think it's an age thing!

• Like 1

What builds (if any) are people using? Some of you probably already know about it, but I'm currently using Schism, and I must say it's absolutely beautiful and really improved the look and feel of Kodi for me - looks classy and slick, and much easier to navigate. If anyone wants to install, just follow the link below - super easy.

http://www.dimitrology.com/2017/02/10/how-to-install-schismtv-builds-on-kodi-17-krypton-february-2017/

They've got a few different skins you can use, and I've customised the menu so I get popular shows and movies from Exodus, my favourite shows and movies via Exodus with Trakt integration, and then I added shortcuts to the main Sportsmania sections I use - the PL Matchday, BT Sports and Sky Sports sections. Found it all super easy to set up, and just thought I'd give people a heads up as this is a great build. Probably not great for touch devices, but works brilliant on my FireStick.

Screenshot - not of mine, but just to give you the idea. I love the little poster-style images for the tv shows, and the background changes for each one you cycle through, same for movies:

35MgiwI.png

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Same here had it for a couple of weeks, eventually managed to download a subtitles add on last night and then worked out how to turn them on. 

Only took about an hour and a half!!

I think it's an age thing!

I followed a great YouTube setup tutorial for the 2017 Kodi. Got exodus with more movies than I can shake a stick at plus sportsdevil for sport streaming, great bit of kit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Durnerz said:

I followed a great YouTube setup tutorial for the 2017 Kodi. Got exodus with more movies than I can shake a stick at plus sportsdevil for sport streaming, great bit of kit.

I did something similar. Pausing on You Tube is the way to go.

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Any recommendations for Sports Add Ons? Have found it easier to watch browser based games rather than kodi, the quality on mamaHD etc isn't the best.

Have got Turks,Phoenix, Gobble etc just wondering if there is any newer ones worth checking out. 

Sportsdevil's not bad. Castaway is similar but I've not used that for months so I don t know so I'm not sure if it's still okay.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Cheers Webbo, Is it worth paying for the streams do you know? Where is the best/most reliable service for paid services. thanks for your help

The 1 I pay for IUDTV is iffy sometimes channels work sometimes they don't but I can usually find a decent stream. It costs me $50 a year. I can't comment on the other providers.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2017 at 10:12, indierich06 said:

What builds (if any) are people using? Some of you probably already know about it, but I'm currently using Schism, and I must say it's absolutely beautiful and really improved the look and feel of Kodi for me - looks classy and slick, and much easier to navigate. If anyone wants to install, just follow the link below - super easy.

http://www.dimitrology.com/2017/02/10/how-to-install-schismtv-builds-on-kodi-17-krypton-february-2017/

They've got a few different skins you can use, and I've customised the menu so I get popular shows and movies from Exodus, my favourite shows and movies via Exodus with Trakt integration, and then I added shortcuts to the main Sportsmania sections I use - the PL Matchday, BT Sports and Sky Sports sections. Found it all super easy to set up, and just thought I'd give people a heads up as this is a great build. Probably not great for touch devices, but works brilliant on my FireStick.

Screenshot - not of mine, but just to give you the idea. I love the little poster-style images for the tv shows, and the background changes for each one you cycle through, same for movies:

35MgiwI.png

I have the same set up, although I'm not a massive fan of it. It's easier for the wife and kids to use, so it works better for us.

30 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but Exodus has disappeared from my list on Kodi. Has it gone?

That seems to happen a lot. Go to indigo or maintenance wizard, install add ons, featured add ons and install again.

• Like 1

I run Windows 10 on my desktop PC, which has settled down now after loads of initial problems. I've got Kodi V14.0, which seems to work OK, though I don't use it much. I'm now getting online messages saying I should upgrade to Krypton, V17.0. Before doing so I thought I would ask if anyone has had any issues with this and Windows 10 - doesn't seem to be anything on this stream, so hopefully things will be OK.

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Kodi streams these days are so unreliable it almost makes it not worth bothering any more.

I cannot comment on the paid ones as i dont have one but trying to find anything for the cup tie right now is impossible.

For the sake of a few quid a month you might as well use a paid site. I pay £4. I've seen another person say they spend £7 and get it across two devices. If you really want to watch the football, for the price of pint or two you might as well.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

For the sake of a few quid a month you might as well use a paid site. I pay £4. I've seen another person say they spend £7 and get it across two devices. If you really want to watch the football, for the price of pint or two you might as well.

Who are the best ones though?

I have seen a lot of talk mcktv but i dont think they are taking new subs.

10 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Kodi streams these days are so unreliable it almost makes it not worth bothering any more.

I cannot comment on the paid ones as i dont have one but trying to find anything for the cup tie right now is impossible.

For anything on Sky or BT I use Mobdro on my Android tablet, more reliable than Kodi.

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

Who are the best ones though?

I have seen a lot of talk mcktv but i dont think they are taking new subs.

They aren't unless you get a referral. Not sure about the others. I use Mcktv, had no issue. I'm sure other will happily chip in and tell you who they use. @Webbo is a bit of an expert in this area i think.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I run Windows 10 on my desktop PC, which has settled down now after loads of initial problems. I've got Kodi V14.0, which seems to work OK, though I don't use it much. I'm now getting online messages saying I should upgrade to Krypton, V17.0. Before doing so I thought I would ask if anyone has had any issues with this and Windows 10 - doesn't seem to be anything on this stream, so hopefully things will be OK.

Thanks in advance

If you're using version 14 you probably will have a few problems. You're best to update.

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

If you're using version 14 you probably will have a few problems. You're best to update.

Thanks, Webbo, you really are a star. One question - is it best to uninstall version 14, or just install 17 over the top?