Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

1 minute ago, stix said:

But surely, if for example you're using kodi through a firestick, which is logged in to your Amazon account, then they are able to link these two together to prove it was you streaming the content? Even though it is streamed through wifi?

As you can gather I'm pretty shit with stuff like this, I am simply asking the questions.

"sorry sir my amazon account was hacked"

Back to having nothing. Honestly they can't do a thing. The only people they can prosecute are those who upload the original data, and the VAST majority of those are outside the UK.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stix said:

But surely, if for example you're using kodi through a firestick, which is logged in to your Amazon account, then they are able to link these two together to prove it was you streaming the content? Even though it is streamed through wifi?

As you can gather I'm pretty shit with stuff like this, I am simply asking the questions.

You can log on to countless websites and indulge your addiction to American TV series, or see the latest films without paying a penny.

But if you have a niggly feeling that all this “free” content is too good to be true, your hunch is almost certainly correct: most websites offering free, streamed programmes are illegal.

People have been accessing movies and TV shows for free for years, but the way they do this has transformed beyond recognition.

“Hard-goods piracy” in the form of DVDs has now all but vanished. Today the main facilitator of piracy is high-speed internet, with users either downloading or streaming the content.

Streaming allows users to view content whenever they like, without having to download and store the illegal file.

As a result, streaming sites are rapidly growing in popularity.

But there are grey areas. Even the legal owners of copyright material acknowledge that not all users are aware they are breaking the law.

We spoke to the UK Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact), a trade organisation established to protect and represent the interests of intellectual property, to get some answers.

ADVERTISING

How can you tell if the video you’re streaming is illegal?

Fact says that any site that “makes available or facilitates the availability” of rights-owners’ content without their permission is unlawful.

Although some streaming websites can look very professional and legitimate, even carrying advertising from recognised brands, the rule of thumb is that if they are offering content free of charge they are probably illegal, Fact says.

If I’ve been streaming movies on illegal sites could I be caught and prosecuted?

Ultimately, anyone accessing content from a pirate site is involving themselves in unlawful behaviour, often putting money into the hands of criminals.

In the past, listeners were fined for illegally downloading and streaming music from websites, but the owners of the rights to the music later abandoned this strategy. Instead they worked with legitimate sites such as Spotify where listeners pay to stream.

As far as TV or movies are concerned, Fact says no one in Britain has ever been fined or prosecuted for illegally streaming content.

Fact explained: “When it comes to catching those involved in piracy, it is not our strategy to prosecute the end user [people streaming films at home]. Our interest lies in identifying, disrupting and if necessary prosecuting the individuals who defraud the creative industries by knowingly stealing content – and who then make that content available through illegitimate means for their own financial benefit or kudos.”

• Like 1

Can anybody recommend an add-on that catalogues documentaries? I usually watch shows and films through exodus however on occasion when I have tried to search for specific documentaries, have found that there is little to nothing on there. Either that, or I'm searching incorrectly!

28 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

Can anybody recommend an add-on that catalogues documentaries? I usually watch shows and films through exodus however on occasion when I have tried to search for specific documentaries, have found that there is little to nothing on there. Either that, or I'm searching incorrectly!

Have you tried ukturks 

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Is your exodus still working? Mine seems to have disappeared?

That seems to happen a lot on my daughter's laptop. If you go to programs, addon installer and then featured addons just click on Exodus and it'll re install it.

46 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Bad news about exodus, the people that ran it have have stopped updating it so it will slowly die as it won't get updated. Going to need to find a replacement for it. 

I prefer Specto anyway.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Bad news about exodus, the people that ran it have have stopped updating it so it will slowly die as it won't get updated. Going to need to find a replacement for it. 

From what I seen it's the creator who has threw a hissy fit just like he did while he was doing genesis, the other people also running exodus are going to stay and update it