Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

I've installed it with some addons on my laptop and also ordered an Amazon Fire Stick which is coming tomorrow. Does anyone know of any disadvantages of doing this as opposed to a preloaded box?

I've installed it with some addons on my laptop and also ordered an Amazon Fire Stick which is coming tomorrow. Does anyone know of any disadvantages of doing this as opposed to a preloaded box?

Not much, you just have to side load kodi on and then manually add the addons. It's not that much hassle.

Not sure if this helps anyone but if you have an android phone or tablet then there's an app called Mobdro which streams most things (all sky sports channels, sky movies, even hustler) you would want and costs nowt. You have to download from t'internet as for obvious reasons it's not in the App Store. I then just use my chrome cast to watch it on TV (it's very decent quality) or just watch on tablet for better quality.

Not sure if this helps anyone but if you have an android phone or tablet then there's an app called Mobdro which streams most things (all sky sports channels, sky movies, even hustler) you would want and costs nowt. You have to download from t'internet as for obvious reasons it's not in the App Store. I then just use my chrome cast to watch it on TV (it's very decent quality) or just watch on tablet for better quality.

You can download kodi from google play store for android devices

Not much, you just have to side load kodi on and then manually add the addons. It's not that much hassle.

Okay cheers thought as much.

The laptop/fire stick route seemed a much cheaper option than the boxes a lot of people were on about in the thread so didn't know if there was any major downside.

One more thing... nearly all of the HD content seems to be 720p except for one that I found that specified 1080p but was "unavailable". Is it common for nearly all of the content to be 720p only or are there addons that have mainly 1080p stuff?

Edited by Kent

The laptop/fire stick route seemed a much cheaper option than the boxes a lot of people were on about in the thread so didn't know if there was any major downside.

I've got a fire box not the fire stick but I don't think there is a great deal of difference. You can get the tutorials of how to do it on YouTube still. I prefer the android box, it's easier to navigate, update and maintain but not enough for me to not recommend the Amazon gear which has its own advantages.

One more thing... nearly all of the HD content seems to be 720p except for one that I found that specified 1080p but was "unavailable". Is it common for nearly all of the content to be 720p only or are there addons that have mainly 1080p stuff?

These are the instruction for the Fire TV box, I'm guessing the stick is the same, http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-fire-tv/

I find the 1080 often buffer or lag, the 720 is usually quite reliable for live TV.

These are the instruction for the Fire TV box, I'm guessing the stick is the same, http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-fire-tv/

I find the 1080 often buffer or lag, the 720 is usually quite reliable for live TV.

Is that the case for on-demand content as well? Not the end of the world if so but at least I don't have to spend any time looking for 1080 stuff. Edited by Kent

Is that the case for on-demand stuff as well? Not the end of the world if so but at least I don't have to spend any time looking for 1080 stuff.

Tbh I usually just go for the SD, most things, except films that haven't been out that long, are available in HD , I don't know if that's 720 or 1080 though.

• Like 1

Tbh I usually just go for the SD, most things, except films that haven't been out that long, are available in HD , I don't know if that's 720 or 1080 though.

Okay mate thanks. Fire stick arriving tomorrow looking forward to trying it out!

Most are very good, if you have an Ethernet connection you can't really go wrong.

Droidsticks are good, you pay a bit extra but get a wizard which updates your box, so you don't need to go searching all the time.

Personally, I'd buy a T8 from ali express and load the free wookie wizard.

Hi sorry to bother ya

I'm looking for some help

Off anyone who can

Just bought a k5 box

It has kodi genesis on etc

However I loved movietube on my smart TV and the way you could search for movies eg

Year 2014 horror

Is there anyway I can customise kodi?

I have tried changing the skin but the kids club tab disappears

Is there any add on u can recommend

Edited by pricey1979

Hi sorry to bother ya

Off anyone who can

Just bought a k5 box

However I loved movietube on my smart TV and the way you could search for movies eg

Year 2014 horror

For any technical questions this site is a good help;  http://forums.tvaddons.ag/

Hi sorry to bother ya

Off anyone who can

Just bought a k5 box

Year 2014 horror

Yeah you can change the skin, I think Larry has done it I haven't yet. There's plenty of addons worth trying, sports- vdub25, robin hood and phoenix. Movies- cartoon HD, genesis, istream, shoebox, the mutss nuts are all good. Seo Michael website gives good instructions on how to add them. Edited by Strokes

lol lol

How long did it take you to set up. I was losing the will to live working my way through

I've not even fully finished yet! Some streams went down and it crashed a few times and I wasn't impressed lol

It seems you can only add streams to what is already on the epg guide, you can't actually make your own additions and add them to the guide, unless I'm missing something. I've been trying to google/youtube this but I can't find anything other than what I already found out

Gonna download that Renegades TV epg and see if you can do abit more customisation with that one

Not checked this out yet but a seller on ebay has told me they've been told to stop selling their android tv boxes on ebay. And If i look on google for wookispmc it may help me out. Anyone in the know tell me if its any good? Thanks... Foz

Not checked this out yet but a seller on ebay has told me they've been told to stop selling their android tv boxes on ebay. And If i look on google for wookispmc it may help me out. Anyone in the know tell me if its any good? Thanks... Foz

They're still selling them on Amazon, I'd have thought they'd be the first to be stopped/

Can you get this on a laptop? Kodi?

Whats the catch to it? Surely we wouldn't get all these services for a small fee? Is it one of them dodgy boxes? :ph34r:

Yes you can. I'd download it then download the tv addons upgrade. All free