Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Raj

Overseas Members

Recommended Posts

Posted

Right.I've had the pleasure on numerous occasions of meeting MC Prussian, whos a bloody nice chap.

With the username thread going strong,it got me wondering about how and why some of our overseas users got to love our great club.

I know we've got Jordan,Jattdogg etc so was just thinking like... Why?( probably won't get any replies cos its SO boring but whatevs!!!)

Posted

Whack it in there for us matey(or if you think it'll be too boring just delete the fooker!!!) lol

Posted

My dad's from Leicester. Do I count as an overseas supporter now I don't live in the UK anymore (8.5 years now).

Yes this is the thing I'm intrigued with.

Can understand folk following ManUre etc but not little olde Leicester.

MC Prussian will explain his hopefully.

Posted

Alright, Raj. Your regular ration of finest Swiss chocolate is heading your way. Check your usual P.O. Box. Password: "ass_kisser" (all in minuscules).

 

EDIT: Love you, too. :D

Posted

Well i was actually born in Leicester as were my mum and older brother (who has since moved back to england). Dad moved to leicester when he was 3 or 4. We moved to canada when i was a little baby so im pretty much canadian as can be.

On trips back to england we always stayed in leicester (aunt is in anstey and gramps was in wigston but now in a care home somewhere in leicester). We used to live on ashley road back in the 70s/80s.

Dads brother ran a convenience type shop on narborough. Anyyyyhow basically thats my connection to leicester.

Ive always loved football. Dad got me into it when i was much younger. I was really good at it and had chances to go on scholarship to colleges in usa but didnt pursue it. Parents wanted me to take school serious over football lol.

My first leicester jersey was a yellow walkers crisps away jersey (think 92 season). All my canadian schoolmates use to call it "Lie Chester"...knobs.

So just loved them from the get go. Big time fan as are my 3 brothers. Hoping to make it out next august to catch a game.

Was in attendance for the everton opener last season so was super excited. Only other time i saw them live was in 06 against burnley.

Posted

Alright, Raj. Your regular ration of finest Swiss chocolate is heading your way. Check your usual P.O. Box. Password: "ass_kisser" (all in minuscules).

EDIT: Love you, too. :D

You ARE a good un though Al.

Tell everyone how your love for City started.

Posted

Well i was actually born in Leicester as were my mum and older brother (who has since moved back to england). Dad moved to leicester when he was 3 or 4. We moved to canada when i was a little baby so im pretty much canadian as can be.

On trips back to england we always stayed in leicester (aunt is in anstey and gramps was in wigston but now in a care home somewhere in leicester). We used to live on ashley road back in the 70s/80s.

Dads brother ran a convenience type shop on narborough. Anyyyyhow basically thats my connection to leicester.

Ive always loved football. Dad got me into it when i was much younger. I was really good at it and had chances to go on scholarship to colleges in usa but didnt pursue it. Parents wanted me to take school serious over football lol.

My first leicester jersey was a yellow walkers crisps away jersey (think 92 season). All my canadian schoolmates use to call it "Lie Chester"...knobs.

So just loved them from the get go. Big time fan as are my 3 brothers. Hoping to make it out next august to catch a game.

Was in attendance for the everton opener last season so was super excited. Only other time i saw them live was in 06 against burnley.

Does your Dad follow Footy/city still?

Did you get stick from the Toronto Reds of Manchester for supporting City!???

Posted

Leicester born and bread. Lived there for 35 years.  Got married and moved to the states about 5 years ago. yeehaw.

Posted

Yes dad follows them. He is actually in leicester right now on holidays.

Most canadians typically support manure, lpool, arsenal, chelsea becuase those were the teams that get shown on tele here more often. Well more so in the 80s and 90s. Since 200X the number of games shown has increased dramatically where we get a solid 5 or 6 games shown over the weekend/monday games. But yes everyone cherry picks the top 5 teams here.

THe usual banter (leicester who??????). Lets just say my manure friends knew leicester well this past season lol.

Posted

Born in Leicester....moved to High Wycombe with parents when I was 7 then to Canada at 12. Never stopped supporting and now my kids religiously support us too. As long as we stay in the Premiership, we get to watch them most Saturday mornings. Half the time my kids are letting me know the latest news before I have a chance to look.

 

Youngest at 13 cannot wait for me to take him over to watch a couple of games.....plan is for one or two games this coming season.

Posted

Born in Leicester.

15 years in Greece, 2 years New York & been in Happy Holland for the last 16 years. Dad used to carry me over the turnstile until I was 11 :-)...

Fox Sports Netherlands shows most games, so well pleased... Will be at Liverpool away & United Home

Posted

Absolutely love threads where you get to know

a bit more about people on here. The mask of anonymity is momentarily removed. Excellent.

Posted

Met a bloke in the aqualandia waterpark whilst on holiday in Benidorm,who approached me when I had my city shirt on to say he supports Leicester,

But that he's from Barcelona?????

When asked why Leicester he explained that it is where he had worked and lived for 10 years and had always had a love for them,

A little random but thought old share it.

And yes he was Spanish :-)

Posted

Absolutely love threads where you get to know

a bit more about people on here. The mask of anonymity is momentarily removed. Excellent.

And no one resorts to abusing anyone or calling someone a cvnt(not yet anyway!!)
Posted

Blimey - didn't realize I had to write more :)

 

Grew up in Leam Spa, then moved to Reading and then moved to Houston in 2007 and been here since.  

 

Same as a lot of folks, Dad from Leicester, Gramps from Leicester so would go up every weekend to watch the rugby but I was more into football so I would go to the City.  My Gramps used to work for East Midlands electricity and was often the engineer on standby for the floodlights.  First game I really was in 84 with mighty Steve Lynex and Gary Lineker playing.  I also remember underlining the fact that I underlined Leicester in my Mexico 86 sticker book where it had place of birth for Gary Lineker and Peter Shilton, as well as John O'Neill who still played for us at the time.  

 

Massive fan and love that I can watch every game (live and taped for mid week matches) now we are in the Prem.  My fiancee is from North Carolina (MPH!) and she is now a convert.  Took her to Spurs at home and Liverpool away this past Christmas.

 

This board is great for keeping up to date with news and gossip so I love it.  Work is super busy but always pop on before or after (sometimes during like now!). 

 

Thanks to the FT mods and organizers as well as the other members.  It's a great community more often than not and one day hope to meet in a real pub for a pint! Until then...   :cheers:

Posted

I've relayed my story before...  But here it goes again.

 

I knew nothing about club football growing up in Tennessee, USA.  Basically just watched a bit of World Cup every four years.

 

Some time in the mid/late 90s ESPN (I think) began showing Champions League matches; I started watching and learning about the 'bigger' clubs.  Then Fox Sports World (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Soccer) began broadcasting a lot of EPL matches in late 1997.

 

So in that season I decided to pick a club to support.  I already knew that I wouldn't enjoy supporting a bigger club (masochist?).  Leicester City employed one of the few (maybe only) American players in the EPL, Kasey Keller.  So I went for the Blues, and have been a supporter ever since.

 

It was tough following when we were in the Championship.  Oftentimes I only had access to weekly scores, match reports, and the table.  (If I were to ask the wife to expand our cable subscription to include the more obscure networks that carried Championship matches, she might have harmed me.)  Only last year, after we were promoted, did I get access to BeIN who currently show one or two Championship matches each week.

 

And, now that we are promoted, with the EPL contract to NBC in the states, I get access to every Leicester match streaming online!

 

Glory days!

Posted

Afraid I'm just your typical glory hunter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...