Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

Players you forgotten had played for us

Bar one or two I can pretty much remember most mentioned when I see their names. But lee hendrie, I could argue that he never played, I can remember thinking he was a greedy bastard wanting too much money and we never signed him. Obviously I'm wrong, but my memory blank could be down to the extra alcohol I had to consume to get me through matches back then, whenever it was in the last decade.

Scot Gemmill

Nathan Blake

Chris Makin

Dear me, Micky Adams signed a heap of shite in his last summer. No attempt at getting a young, cohesive team in place, just throw a load of has-beens together.

Not half!

During that transfer window, it seemed like every other day we'd signed yet another 35 year old. He was like a kid in a sweet shop.

If only he'd spent even half his transfer budget on a decent scout, we could have had some players who would have been worth something.

Who remembers Steve Howey or Paul Brooker? Howey was released after 6 months and only 3 apps. I remember when Brooker signed, Adams made him sound useless in his interview.

Not half!

During that transfer window, it seemed like every other day we'd signed yet another 35 year old. He was like a kid in a sweet shop.

If only he'd spent even half his transfer budget on a decent scout, we could have had some players who would have been worth something.

Who remembers Steve Howey or Paul Brooker? Howey was released after 6 months and only 3 apps. I remember when Brooker signed, Adams made him sound useless in his interview.

It held us back for years. We had little money to spend, no youngsters really coming through so we had no players with a sell-on value. I do appreciate the work Adams did overall but those last few months were painful to sit through as we limped through inept second division matches with football pensioners (they'd gone beyond veteran stage).

• Like 1