Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

The match thread today surprised even myself. I'd been expecting pessimism if we went behind, but not to that level. (One of the reasons I've posted much less recently).

If anyone expected Bournemouth to roll over and die, they are simply deluded.

It wasn't the prettiest performance but this is the Premiership. It's THE toughest division on the planet, bar none.

I'm well chuffed we got a point today. It keeps our unbeaten run going on a day both Liverpool and Chelsea lost at home.

Jesus Christ that was as poor a refereeing display as I've ever seen.

Apparently breathing near an opponent is punishable by a foul but only if you're wearing a blue shirt.

We "committed" 19 fouls today. Load of old bollocks

We didn't win against Spurs, and as you say Kante was amazing and De Laet not.

Those were penalties by the rules but would have been soft to give. And Mahrez was onside.

Seriously? Believe what you like, but you're making yourself look like a fool.

You can be as biased as you want, but he was clearly offside.

Do you need some clarification on the laws of the game?

Jeebus.

You would think we have an absolute right to win every single game!

We improved 2nd half, were well worth our point and might have snatched it.

We are 3rd in the league, above Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Onwards and upwards.

:)

King and Drinky who were good second half and made us some chances and de leat who kept Daniels and grades at bay for the whole game?

Scrap them for who? Kante, who repeatedly gave the ball away throughout the game, constantly running into brick walls with his head down, Inler who was unconvincing against Bury and Benluane who just hoofed the ball off the pitch at the end of that game when he could have picked out the three players in the middle.

That ref was abysmal, gave a yellow card to our players for non fouls and then refused to even give a free kick on about seven different occasions when our players got hacked out. Okazaki especially. You could have given two penaltys over the one we already had, one for when the keeper clatters through dodoo without winning the ball and another when Vardy was clattered out inside the box a few minutes after. Various free kicks on the edge of the area missed as well, especially when he gives a free kick to the opposition at the end there when it was clearly a dive.

Frustrated that we changed our style today as well. Huge mistake by Ranieri, the players looked uncomfortable with the formation and they must have been thinking "here we go again" when he suggested to play that formation. I don't want to see us adopt for other teams! I want to see us attack and play our game, the second half was so much better. In the end we should have won it with the chances we had. What dodoo was doing when he swings and misses, and we though schlupp's final product was poor lol

Have we both watched the same game?

Did you notice how terrified De Laet looked everytime Gradel got the ball? It was only thanks to Gradel's injury that De Laet managed to play a bit better - but still, did you see that poor pass going forward in the second half? He was so scared, he hardly ever crossed the halfway line in the second half.

Kanté and Schlupp were two of the best players today - Drinkwater and King mostly anonymous and with little impact on our play going forward. Kanté worked his socks off for 98 minutes, whereas King and Drinkwater huffed and puffed.

You blame Inler's performance against Bury - maybe he dropped his ante in the second half, but what about the first 45 minutes? Doesn't that at least warrant coming on as a substitute? What purpose did Benalouane serve today? Just get on the pitch and concede yet another yellow card? lol

As for the referee and his poor decision-making: What about a potential red card for Huth or a second yellow for De Laet?

The match thread today surprised even myself. I'd been expecting pessimism if we went behind, but not to that level. (One of the reasons I've posted much less recently).

If anyone expected Bournemouth to roll over and die, they are simply deluded.

It wasn't the prettiest performance but this is the Premiership. It's THE toughest division on the planet, bar none.

I'm well chuffed we got a point today. It keeps our unbeaten run going on a day both Liverpool and Chelsea lost at home.

Just the emotionas of the game. Ups and downs and wank comments we al think when we all think it's as easy as fifa 15

Well, Ranieri got to see how 3 in the middle went, and I hope we never play in that style again. I don't think the fact that King and Drinkwater were abysmal in the first half helped either.

Schlupp and Wes were the only two that played reasonably well in the first half. Vardy hardly got a sniff and Kasper hardly touched it either, despite how bad we were Bournemouth barely created any chances.

Ranieri's changes honestly made very little sense to me, but they were obviously effective as we cane away with a point and arguably could've taken them all.

Kante was outstanding second half, along with Schlupp, not sure which was MotM for me.

Dunno who the stream commentator was but he really needs to get Bournemouth's dick out of his mouth.

You'll get people blaming ranieri for playing 451 but actually I think Bournemouth just came storming out at a frantic pace and we would have struggled perhaps even more with one less midfielder. Second half Bournemouth naturally faded and we dominated. Some poor individual performances was the difference between a win and a draw today.

How can you under any circumstances support a formation that left our rb completely exposed, left our striker with no support and led to us giving the ball away to the opposition every two passes? It didn't work and was a huge mistake by the manager. It nearly cost us our unbeaten run and you could argue after the way we nullified them in the second half, has cost us 2 points.

Lots saying Kante was mom? Was I the only one that saw the gaping holes he was leaving in behind him when he was a) jumping in b) losing the ball by over playing and c) running 'all over the place' as some of you are putting it. A game like that needs disciplined defending and quick paced countering, a midfield who is out of position is costly!

i dont think we'll see dodoo in the first team for a while after that  miss. shame. Also worry about okasaki not being strong enough for the prem, seems to get forced of the ball easy, and benoluane looks like he could give away a penalty whenever he comes on. Kante and schlupp were far our best players. Also wonder how it would have turned out if we'd set up to attack in the first place, but a point away is ot the worst result.

delighted with a point as yeah, we didn't play well at all. i was puzzled as to why ranieri changed things, but at least he reverted things at half time.

big plus point for me was kante, i thought he was fantastic. broke play up, ran his nads off and got forward too. looks like he'll be a very, very good signing for us! de laet was poor, he's definitely our weak link and will be targeted by everyone we play. a new right back is needed and it needs to be a hell of an upgrade.

in summary, a good point at a tricky place especially considering we didn't play very well.

Looking forward to seeing a lot more of Kante and Schlupp, made us tick in the second hald. Good point to win after such a pathetic performance in the first half. Really is time to replace DeLaet,,,,,and we've 2 days to make that happen. The miss kick in penalty area will keep Dodoo from the bench in the near future.

Archived