Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

Our 3 most creative players are albrighton mahrez and schlupp. Pearson had finally found a way to utilise all 3 effectively, yet at the first opportunity Ranieri goes 442.

We kept clean sheet after clean sheet at the back end of the season. So why does Ranieri drop was? From last year it's clear to see that the combination of Huth was and Morgan works well. Why change something that works? Change for the sake of change?

So it isnt working? I thought getting points was a good thing?

It's been four games. Pearson took 30 games to get things right. Stop thinking the world will end after four games.

You've not addressed the said points. Are you happy with the change in formation and dropping of was?

The change in formation hasn't done too badly so far - today was an aberration but the first three games were good performances, and as for Was - he's nearly 35 now; players tend to decline around here. I like him and would want him playing, but I don't see him in training every day.

His post is a little OTT.

But surely you see the issue here. We are in our second PL season. Bournemouth are in their first. We should be 12 months ahead of them in terms of development and progression yet today we started with a negative formation with one isolated striker. We didn't threaten their goal until 70mins.

We shouldn't be setting up to cancel out teams which, on paper, are inferior to us.

When they got promoted is irrelevant. This isn't some computer game where player's stats go up every year. We were playing a confident premier league team away from home, a team who had smashed four goals past West Ham in their last game, and they were better than us in the first half. Better than us, but it took some dodgy defending and a spectacular overhead kick for them to score, and then we dominated the 2nd half and got a point.

We're in the premier league. Away draws are good for teams aiming for the top six. They're certainly good enough for us.

His post is a little OTT.

But surely you see the issue here. We are in our second PL season. Bournemouth are in their first. We should be 12 months ahead of them in terms of development and progression yet today we started with a negative formation with one isolated striker. We didn't threaten their goal until 70mins.

We shouldn't be setting up to cancel out teams which, on paper, are inferior to us.

This would mean that last season when we drew with Everton that the result was because of Everton's inept play rather than our improved play in the premier league. We proved how tough promoted sides are to beat. In our first 6 games last year

Going by the radio I was surprised it was just Vardy up front. But Reinari would have done more homework than me and obviously thought this would work better. Unfortunately the team did not gel as they have been doing in other games. The changes helped and they improved second half.

Maybe for those complaing about City's tactics should reserve some praise for the opposition who gave us a tough competitive game. I am sure Rameiri is wise and experienced enough to do what he thinks needs doing for the next game.

It's almost as if people think Shakespeare and Philips have no input into anything. Ranieri would have spoke to them before this game and decided to set up this way.

Stop that! You can only praise 'Pearsons' back room staff when we get a good result to take the credit away from Ranieri. If we have a bad one it's all Ranieri!

This would mean that last season when we drew with Everton that the result was because of Everton's inept play rather than our improved play in the premier league. We proved how tough promoted sides are to beat. In our first 6 games last year

I can't speak for Everton. I don't know how they prepared for us. We may have gotten a result against their strongest lineup/formation. I do know that today 4-5-1 is not our strongest formation, there are 2 or 3 different setups that we know are stronger for us. If this game had played out this way today and we had started from the offset at 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2 then I would have no issue with it and say fair play.

When they got promoted is irrelevant. This isn't some computer game where player's stats go up every year. We were playing a confident premier league team away from home, a team who had smashed four goals past West Ham in their last game, and they were better than us in the first half. Better than us, but it took some dodgy defending and a spectacular overhead kick for them to score, and then we dominated the 2nd half and got a point.

We're in the premier league. Away draws are good for teams aiming for the top six. They're certainly good enough for us.

No its not irrelivant at all. We learned these lessons last season so we shouldn't be repeating them.

We are not aiming for top 6, we need to be beating the teams around us. Bournemouth will be one of those teams and today was a wasted opportunity, the fact that Ranieri adjusted the shape at half time would suggest that he agrees with that.

I can't speak for Everton. I don't know how they prepared for us. We may have gotten a result against their strongest lineup/formation. I do know that today 4-5-1 is not our strongest formation, there are 2 or 3 different setups that we know are stronger for us. If this game had played out this way today and we had started from the offset at 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2 then I would have no issue with it and say fair play.

No its not irrelivant at all. We learned these lessons last season so we shouldn't be repeating them.

We are not aiming for top 6, we need to be beating the teams around us. Bournemouth will be one of those teams and today was a wasted opportunity, the fact that Ranieri adjusted the shape at half time would suggest that he agrees with that.

Beat Bournemouth at home, at that'll be 4 points taken from a team that might be a rival

Can't be bothered to read this thread. But what a fantastic turn around in the second half - great work from the manager. So good to have a manager that changes something at half time rather than taking half a season.

This is so disrespectful. It's only been 4 games compared to nigh on 5 years of success.

At the moment the jury is still out

Correct, the jury is still out - so why have you already decided he's guilty and set about the sentencing?

Like Thracian said,

If Ranieri decided to start actually attacking teams, and the type of shackle free football we played from April onwards then I will back him.

But he has retreated to the type of shit we used to play before Pearson. Like the sven and levein 451's

Ranieri shouldn't try to fix something that's not broken. We have dropped 4 points in the last 2 games because of the manager IMO

Archived