Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

This is so embarrassing. We are averaging 2 points game. Carry that on and we will finish with 76 points. Obviously not going to happen but you get my point that we have an amazing points tally so far. Also if we played attacking football today and lost the game 4-3, you would all be saying why didn't ranieri tinker and play a more defensive style. We did the right thing today. Bournemouth have started the season very well and scored 4 goals last week. Starting to wonder if some people on this forum actually understand the game of football.

This is bullocks. Pearson learnt how to change things and well. Look at the Westbrom and Southampton games at the back end of the season.

We are getting worse in every game. Everything Pearson and the club worked for seems to be gradually evaporating. Alarm bells should be ringing. What a shame and what a waste.

Just play 352 and attack!

Just so I know... How long does Pesrson get to learn compared to Ranieri?

This is bullocks. Pearson learnt how to change things and well. Look at the Westbrom and Southampton games at the back end of the season.

We are getting worse in every game. Everything Pearson and the club worked for seems to be gradually evaporating. Alarm bells should be ringing. What a shame and what a waste.

Think you need to go and see a doctor mate... You expect to win every game? Pearson learnt how to change things quickly yet had us bottom of the league for about 200 days.

Towards the end, but lets not pretend he wasn't very slow to adapt for a lot of last season.

This is so embarrassing. We are averaging 2 points game. Carry that on and we will finish with 76 points. Obviously not going to happen but you get my point that we have an amazing points tally so far. Also if we played attacking football today and lost the game 4-3, you would all be saying why didn't ranieri tinker and play a more defensive style. We did the right thing today. Bournemouth have started the season very well and scored 4 goals last week. Starting to wonder if some people on this forum actually understand the game of football.

I wouldn't have, I'm.more then happy for us to put a performance that merits our team and lose, but in this case I believe the performance woulderot a win. I actually predicted a loss, as I thought we would get too cocky and wasteful and Bournemouth would slip a goal to win. I'm really disappoint today, we were shocking, ran tinkered and it didn't work

How is it rapidly evaporating? Which of the five unbeaten matches, scoring 12 goals in the process, proves that we're losing everything?

I'm a Pearson admirer and last season was not perfect at all. We had plenty of crap results and performances in between the fine start and unbelievable finish. Ranieri deserves more than to say we're about to fall apart or destined to struggle at this time. We're averaging 2 points and 2 goals a game in the league.

I wouldn't have, I'm.more then happy for us to put a performance that merits our team and lose, but in this case I believe the performance woulderot a win. I actually predicted a loss, as I thought we would get too cocky and wasteful and Bournemouth would slip a goal to win. I'm really disappoint today, we were shocking, ran tinkered and it didn't work

And? Why do fans expect an amazing performance every game. I'm guessing if you supported Chelsea you would be on about mourinho losing to palace today. If we were that poor then why didn't we lose? Also on 5 live this evening a Bournemouth supporter who was at the game called in, and commented on how well leicester played.

Towards the end, but lets not pretend he wasn't very slow to adapt for a lot of last season.

No matter how much I like the bloke, he was ridiculously slow to see his own faults. So far CR has been quick to correct his own faults. Nobody will be right all the time, what matters is recognising it.

Thank God you don't run a football team. You'd have probably put out a side that lost two nil (or similar) today.

We drew. Bloody good result.

How is it rapidly evaporating? Which of the five unbeaten matches, scoring 12 goals in the process, proves that we're losing everything?

I'm a Pearson admirer and last season was not perfect at all. We had plenty of crap results and performances in between the fine start and unbelievable finish. Ranieri deserves more than to say we're about to fall apart or destined to struggle at this time. We're averaging 2 points and 2 goals a game in the league.

Yeah but what about Peter Taylor?!

I'm a Pearson believer but were in a far better place tactically with Ranieri. He a far better Coach and is not afraid to act when he see's something is not working.

He may have got the starting lineup wrong today but corrected it that all any Manager can do.

And? Why do fans expect an amazing performance every game. I'm guessing if you supported Chelsea you would be on about mourinho losing to palace today. If we were that poor then why didn't we lose? Also on 5 live this evening a Bournemouth supporter who was at the game called in, and commented on how well leicester played.

Are you for real, of course I expect good performance's week after week, were a professional football club, dont you know what that means, to achieve the highest standards at all times. My point is clear, ran changed the formation, which had a massive impact. My point is, we played a far better team last week, so why change the formation. If we played the same formation etc and still played shit, and then i moaned then your point would be valid.

why didnt you get that 7th minute applause goin at sunderland mate was lookin forward to that? you're clearly not a genuine poster so i wont even bother calling you a thick ****

also, managers make mistakes. Pardew admitted last week against Villa that he made a poor decision with his setup in the first half, he then changed it fairly sharpish and got the rewards. were people calling Pardew shocking?

Claudio, by the sounds of it, didnt get it completely right initially today, but it also sounds as if he changed it up nicely. Leaving Dodoo out would have sent a poor message and fair fvcks to Claudio for having the bollocks to give him a go. i expect Kram to be back in next week anyway. absolutely nothing to worry about for me, and i'm pleased with a point at the end of the day. Hoping that Claudio sorts out what our most effective system is soon though.

Thank God you don't run a football team. You'd have probably put out a side that lost two nil (or similar) today.

We drew. Bloody good result.

I disagree, my team would have kicked Arse and won 10 nil. A draw is a good result, but a win was achievable

Are you for real, of course I expect good performance's week after week, were a professional football club, dont you know what that means, to achieve the highest standards at all times. My point is clear, ran changed the formation, which had a massive impact. My point is, we played a far better team last week, so why change the formation. If we played the same formation etc and still played shit, and then i moaned then your point would be valid.

You do realise that every club we come up against is also a professional club? You think that in the world of football every team has a good performance every game?

Not going to win every game are we else we would win the league.

We will loose a lot of games this season so be happy it's none so far

I actually don't think we will lose a lot of games this season provided we continue to apply our pace and commitment to each performance. Apart from De Laet were looking stronger at the back. Getting better in Midfield and excellent up front.

You do realise that every club we come up against is also a professional club? You think that in the world of football every team has a good performance every game?

Yes I do, so are you saying Bournemouth are more superior to Leicester? So, I'm assuming on paper you would agree that there is more of a chance of us winning? Taking into account all factors and variables this season

Yes I do, so are you saying Bournemouth are more superior to Leicester? So, I'm assuming on paper you would agree that there is more of a chance of us winning? Taking into account all factors and variables this season

Taking all the same things into account we should only have beaten QPR and Burnley last year. Because we were statistically only better than those two... Yet we didnt.

Taking all the same things into account we should only have beaten QPR and Burnley last year. Because we were statistically only better than those two... Yet we didnt.

I know, I wasnt happy about that, the team did not meet my expectations, just like today. And the reason why today, I blame the manager

I know, I wasnt happy about that, the team did not meet my expectations, just like today. And the reason why today, I blame the manager

So why are your expectations more then Bournemouth who are in the same position we were last year.

He tried something, it didn't work and he changed it. If he persists with something that doesn't work (as Pearson was wont to do) like this 4-5-1 then you can start to question him. Before the game I was reasonably pleased with the formation, if we executed it properly, we would have been fine. Unfortunately many individual performances were way below par. Whether it was due to tactical instructions or just a bad day we'll never know. I'll admit his substitutions confused me at the time, but you can't deny they were effective.

So yeah, basically, how about we see how he sets up against Villa and Stoke before we start condemning him as the next Peter Taylor (seriously wtf lol)

Stop looking at our eight points and exagerrating its meaning. You could say we were top once and have dropped to third in next to no time.

I laughed when people assumed we'd hammer Bournemouth. It was never likely especially with Bournemouth's home record, their performances against decent opposition this season and off the back of scoring four goals in beating West Ham.

Today's draw would actually have been admirable except for the manner in which it was achieved which was arguably worse than the home draw we ground out the week before.

At the end of last season I was bubbling with enthusiasm for a counter-attacking team with attitude, the like of which I'd not seen bettered or perhaps even matched since the days of leading the old Division One and contesting FA Cup Finals under Matt Gillies.

Now, umpteen million pounds of spending later we've become a team of spoiling apologists where football has taken a back seat while we beg for the points needed to survive.

Honestly I'd take last season's team and attitude back tomorrow and start building on it properly because what we're getting now is not even a token improvement.

I thought it might be. Okazaki looked a gem first time out against Sunderland. Kante has shown week in, week out that he's got the quality to grace most teams. But otherwise, I'm disappointed both with our signings and what seems to have become our footballing philosophy.

What a wonderful chance we've had to purchase quality, to adopt a footballing policy that people can get excited about shine our light on the game at a new level.  Instead we've won eight points in four games and gone from being utterly thrilling to watch when at our best, to being little more than functional.

The whole bloody game might as well be played on a blackboard and I'm not impressed.

No-one's expecting titles at this stage or even denying the likelihood of setbacks but, my life, we can do more than just cancel out the opposition while offering something like 2/10 for entertainment value and attacking commitment.

I backed Pearson when he turned to attack and I'll back Ranieri on just the same basis. But I'll not sanction football that's based on sounding the retreat and hoping to beg our rewards. The idea is to move the club forwards as a football entity, not to tread water or start swimming backwards. And I emphasise the word "football". It's in our business title. And this ain't football as I understand it.  

Archived