Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

Mate..It doesn't matter.

Inler, Kante, Kram,...whomever.

This is the Premier League.

Balls to anyone who says that the Prem league isn't 'all that'. They are wrong.

It's tough. It's fast. It's all action. It's unpredictable.

You don't get your Real Madrids and your Barce's waltzing the division. Instead..you get your Palaces and your West Hams upsetting things. You get anomalies..you get freak results.

For City to have sacked Pearson, who basically built this squad, and for us to be sitting 3rd after 4 games is a fantastic achievement. Let me reiterate..its a fantastic achievement.

Just read thru this sometimes nonsense of a forum (let's face it..It is) even in the pre-season to see how many people had given us not a cat in Hell's chance.

The usual suspects had us as relegated. As doomed. Even before we had kicked a ball.

What we have seen, so far, is some quality, some resilience, lots of goals, some signings (how many said we'd sign no-one any good) AND superb interviews from Ranieri.

I'm with him...today I'd have gone with his selection. Bournemouth are no mugs (despite, again, many slagging off Howe).

For anyone who cares to see it, today is a GOOD result.

It means we haven't lost, that we maintain our good run and our position in the league.

So far, I'm overjoyed with Ranieri..He's been a breath of fresh air at a time we could have really suffered.

Long may it continue.

This. All day long. I like your posts Col, you talk a lot of sense

We were a bit crap today but if you can get a point when you've been shite then that's a good sign.

Hope CR has the good sense to return to a more attacking system v Villa as we are hopeless at the containing game. Preferably with the 3-5-2 that served us brilliantly last season but that has been strangely under-utilised.

Lets hope so paddy

Good result but the formation / performance is what worry a most people. First half we were shocking. The players didn't seem to be set up properly and didn't know their roles. For a supposed "master tactician" that is criminal. I just hope we can somehow maintain our attacking threat during games as this is what has made us so good to watch. Ranieri trying to sort the defence out- fu*k that.... ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Good result but the formation / performance is what worry a most people. First half we were shocking. The players didn't seem to be set up properly and didn't know their roles. For a supposed "master tactician" that is criminal. I just hope we can somehow maintain our attacking threat during games as this is what has made us so good to watch. Ranieri trying to sort the defence out- fu*k that.... ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Attack attack attack won't always work though, we can't rely on the keegan approach of you score 3, we'll score 4 - the defence does need sorting, just not at the expense of any cutting edge like today.

Totally agree a shocking managerial performance. He fails to see that if we play 3-5-2 then we would be able to release schlupp further forward where he is more effective, let albrighton whip in the crosses from deep at right wing back and let mahrez roam behind the two strikers.

We would also be more solid at the back with 3 in there!

It makes sense but he is too stubborn to try it. Wish we still had Pearson.

A bit like when MON left and we were still riding on a wave, I have a terrible feeling we may nose dive, like we did under Peter Taylor

I think you are being far too pessimistic in comparing CR with Taylor.

I thought the changes made at half-time proove that CR is a decent manager. I could see us losing 3-0 before the changes. In the end it turned out that we might have won.

Agree with trying 3-5-2 again, especially as I don't think Inler likes playing in a 2 man CDM plus the advantage of playing RM more centrally to avoid his weaknesses in defence.

I didn't want NP to go either, but so far I'm happy with CR. He is NO Taylor!

**** me, we played shit and got a point against a decent Bournemouth side. Some teams will find it hard to even get one point at their ground.

The performance was shit, Ok I get that. But I'm sure Ranieri will sort it out. He said he wanted to see how we play with 5 in the middle and now he knows it doesn't suit our squad. It was a gamble and it didn't really work.

I'm hoping, against Villa, he either goes back to 4-4-2 or tries out the 3-5-2, which we know works.

He showed the awareness to change things quickly, which didn't happen much last season.

This. Pearson would wait until the 70th minute (at least) to make changes! CR saw where the problem was and changed it.

Mate..It doesn't matter.

You don't get your Real Madrids and your Barce's waltzing the division. Instead..you get your Palaces and your West Hams upsetting things. You get anomalies..you get freak results.

For City to have sacked Pearson, who basically built this squad, and for us to be sitting 3rd after 4 games is a fantastic achievement. Let me reiterate..its a fantastic achievement.

Just read thru this sometimes nonsense of a forum (let's face it..It is) even in the pre-season to see how many people had given us not a cat in Hell's chance.

The usual suspects had us as relegated. As doomed. Even before we had kicked a ball.

What we have seen, so far, is some quality, some resilience, lots of goals, some signings (how many said we'd sign no-one any good) AND superb interviews from Ranieri.

I'm with him...today I'd have gone with his selection. Bournemouth are no mugs (despite, again, many slagging off Howe).

It means we haven't lost, that we maintain our good run and our position in the league.

So far, I'm overjoyed with Ranieri..He's been a breath of fresh air at a time we could have really suffered.

Long may it continue.

Pretty much spot on,Col.

All CR tried to do,as an away team, is what Spurs did last week.

He made the right change at h-t. Bringing on Dodoo was maybe a bit too ambitious.

We got a point.Win the home games draw away and we'll be safe.While it's not quite gone to that script 8 points from 4 games and unbeaten is the equivalent and a good start.

A clean sheet would be good,maybe 50s rather than tenners will be a better incentive!

I thought we were certain of 3 points provided we turned up with the right attitude, We didn't and so credit to everyone for upping there game second half and managing a point. Credit to Howe he has built a very good team, very much in the Pearson mould.

I don;t blame Ranieri for his selection. Managers make selections based on how they think the game might go. Sometimes they get it wrong like today. The fact that he could spot the problems and make the changes is a good sign. Although personally I thought we needed Ulloa up top to try and get a grip on the ball.

Schlupp was pretty much unplayable second half and Vardy showed great maturity in his play for the penalty. Although I hope he not our new regular penalty taker as his penalty today was awful apart from it going in.

This. All day long. I like your posts Col, you talk a lot of sense

He talks shit most of the time. I agree with alot he has said. Bournemouth are not mufs, no are we, if we stayed with the same team as last week, we would have done alot better. There was no need to change the team, the same team that drew with a far superior spurs teaam then Bournemouth.

I thought we were certain of 3 points provided we turned up with the right attitude, We didn't and so credit to everyone for upping there game second half and managing a point. Credit to Howe he has built a very good team, very much in the Pearson mould.

I don;t blame Ranieri for his selection. Managers make selections based on how they think the game might go. Sometimes they get it wrong like today. The fact that he could spot the problems and make the changes is a good sign. Although personally I thought we needed Ulloa up top to try and get a grip on the ball.

Schlupp was pretty much unplayable second half and Vardy showed great maturity in his play for the penalty. Although I hope he not our new regular penalty taker as his penalty today was awful apart from it going in.

Mahrez would have taken it if he was on the pitch!

Sometimes players play badly. Formation smoormation... If your midfield with an extra man plays as bad as that, what chance you got?!?

I'm delighted to hear that. As that was a hit and hope effort today. I prefer the more skilful efforts where players place it giving the keepers very little chance.

I really couldn't give a toss how it's hit, aslong as it hits the back of the net.

Mate..It doesn't matter.

Long may it continue.

When I agree with Col you know it's almost the apocalypse.

This is bullocks. Pearson learnt how to change things and well. Look at the Westbrom and Southampton games at the back end of the season.

We are getting worse in every game. Everything Pearson and the club worked for seems to be gradually evaporating. Alarm bells should be ringing. What a shame and what a waste.

Just play 352 and attack!

This. Pearson would wait until the 70th minute (at least) to make changes! CR saw where the problem was and changed it.

This is bullocks. Pearson learnt how to change things and well. Look at the Westbrom and Southampton games at the back end of the season.

We are getting worse in every game. Everything Pearson and the club worked for seems to be gradually evaporating. Alarm bells should be ringing. What a shame and what a waste.

Trollololol

see you next Tuesday, you're the epitomy of reactionary.

Archived