Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

Amazing!

We put in one poor half and the Pearson brigade start harking back to last season with their purple tinted glasses on.

Pearson served us up shit week after week, until he had to go shit or bust for the final nine matches.

How many matches did we try to just defend for 90 mins and end up being beaten last year?

At least CR had the brains to realise it wasn't working and switch things to gain a point.

A point away at the darlings of the pundits and media is a good point.

Most bookies and pundits had us to lose today again we didn't.

I would have taken a point before the game.

Okay we didn't play well by all accounts but we didn't bloody lose.

West ham spanked Liverpool at Liverpool 3 0 today. They lost to Bournemouth 4 3 at West Ham last week? Are Liverpool

Shit too then?

Christ we got a point today away from home in the premier league we didn't lose.

Over reaction on here is bloody laughable.

Oh for any Pearsonites we would have lost that last season if he had been in charge.

Its alright looking shit every now and again but Claudio clearly played for the clean sheet today rather than focusing on goals.

Bournemouth are our rivals, not Chelsea and Liverpool. A selection and formation error in the first half has resulted in us sharing points with our rival.

I think most people would have us down to beat Bournemouth if we were to go toe to toe with them in a 4-4-2.

Today had "draw" written all over it. We just seemed fortunate it panned out that way. What gets me is not the draw but the negative way we set up for the game, yet again.

We had an excitingly successful formula for the closing stages of last season and I fail to understand why we've abandoned it for something that seems so dour and submissive.

It's not as if it's drawing the best from our team or the individuals in it.

Any poor performance and the immediate reaction is the manager got it wrong, any good performance no-one questions him.  We can't play the same 11 every week changes will be made its all very well saying he got it wrong after the game, if he changed a different player maybe we would have lost no-one knows, so many monday morning managers on here, and it's not even monday yet.

Today had "draw" written all over it. We just seemed fortunate it panned out that way. What gets me is not the draw but the negative way we set up for the game, yet again.

We had an excitingly successful formula for the closing stages of last season and I fail to understand why we've abandoned it for something that seems so dour and submissive.

A sign of a good team is to not play well BUT still get a result.

We were away from home. We got a point. If we had played a gung ho attacking philosophy we would have been beaten today.

Win at home draw away that guarantees a top ten finish.

Tactically Ranieri changed it second half and it bloody worked.

Got it all wrong in the first half playing for a clean sheet?

Not sure what he was thinking there and playing Dodoo over others was another poor decision. It happens and hopefully he realizes it.

I think we are much better with an attack minded set up than we are playing overly defensive

Thought Kante was energized and will be great for us going forward.

We had a good a good run last season, but please have a look at the sides we played. A lot of them had next to nothing to play for (Swansea/Southampton/West Ham)or were generally just poor (Sunderland/QPR) etc. I predict in the middle of the season they would have been slightly different games. A lot of lower sides pick points up at the end of he season for the reason a lot of teams have little to play for.

This was a promoted side, who have spent decent money, at home and we were underdogs. We've been a little defensive, but took a point?

If we had gone gung-ho, Ranieri would be called clueless. THIS IS A GOOD POINT!

Chelsea get a result without playing well = sign of Champions

Leicester get a result without playing well = totally embarrassing.

Foxestalk..

Look, you just don't have a clue so you are making yourself look silly. Bookies bet to a certain percentage on a match, usually around 110% or so. So if you had a bet on every outcome (home,draw,away) to certain stakes, in theory the bookie would make 10%. So if Leicester were 13/5, Bournemouth had to be around 6/5. If they were 2/1 for example, the percentage might be say 95%, i.e the bookie loses 5%.

No they didn't - you could easily have had them as least favourable and a draw as most; but, even if you want to go down the route of making them favourites, it's because a fool and his money are soon parted - that was a gamr where, given form and respective quality, us winning by one was a likely outcome, with a draw being reasonable if they played well. Price them short and more people will be willing to punt on it, hence the bookies making more money - it's clear you've no clue, hence your stupid 1/10 example (it needs to be a close game and the odds need to be short without arising suspicion); but the sensible odds would have been us slight favourites but only a fraction of a quid or so. It's certainly not a game where we should expect to lose like you suggested

Dodoo has looked so much better than Ulloa so far this season (both first team and U21) so I don't have a problem with him coming on. My only concern would be that Kramaric didn't get on the bench ahead of Ulloa. 

I'd be perfectly happy if Pearson never got another mention. He's gone. I sincerely hope Ranieri does well but he won't do that by playing the kind of football his predecessor presided over on occasions - before he seemingly  learned better ways.  

I'm quite surprised as well. I expected our 3-5-2 system to be fine tuned, not dismantled. I expected weaker spots in the team to be strengthened and the strong places to be reinforced.

Sadly it doesn't seem to be like that...yet what we've got instead, with supposedly better players - is a pretty sorry excuse for football at least based on the games against Spurs and Bournemouth.    

Its one game people, he tested it, if we had won the game people would of be singing his praise we still got a draw so its not all lost, atleast he knows we cant play like that now. Next game hopefully we will have a new RB and Inler and Kante have to start for me. 

It's not one game. We were uninspiring against Spurs. 

Hey y'all . I watched the game and I think the opponent team did their homework before the game. The key for them was to take Mahrez out of the game playwise  by making it hard to get to him and by double teaming him every time he has the ball. He was mentally out. They also focused on that right flank when attacking (they knew those two cannot defend well)

so taking Mahrez out made sense to me(He was just mentally out). In the second half they couldn't attack the right wing anymore, they didn't look as dangerous as they did in the first half.

I also noticed that the players are suffering physically as the season advances.

I'd be perfectly happy if Pearson never got another mention. He's gone. I sincerely hope Ranieri does well but he won't do that by playing the kind of football his predecessor presided over on occasions - before he seemingly learned better ways.

I'm quite surprised as well. I expected our 3-5-2 system to be fine tuned, not dismantled. I expected weaker spots in the team to be strengthened and the strong places to be reinforced.

Sadly it doesn't seem to be like that...yet what we've got instead, with supposedly better players - is a pretty sorry excuse for football at least based on the games against Spurs and Bournemouth.

Don't waste your breath. If you dare to criticise the current manager that automatically makes you Pearson's number one fan..... And vice versa!

Hey y'all . I watched the game and I think the opponent team did their homework before the game. The key for them was to take Mahrez out of the game playwise by making it hard to get to him and by double teaming him every time he has the ball. He was mentally out. They also focused on that right flank when attacking (they knew those two cannot defend well)

so taking Mahrez out made sense to me(He was just mentally out). In the second half they couldn't attack the right wing anymore, they didn't look as dangerous as they did in the first half.

I also noticed that the players are suffering physically as the season advances.

Yes.. this.

No they didn't - you could easily have had them as least favourable and a draw as most; but, even if you want to go down the route of making them favourites, it's because a fool and his money are soon parted - that was a gamr where, given form and respective quality, us winning by one was a likely outcome, with a draw being reasonable if they played well. Price them short and more people will be willing to punt on it, hence the bookies making more money - it's clear you've no clue, hence your stupid 1/10 example (it needs to be a close game and the odds need to be short without arising suspicion); but the sensible odds would have been us slight favourites but only a fraction of a quid or so. It's certainly not a game where we should expect to lose like you suggested

The award for most clueless poster goes to.... The Doctor! Well done! I gave you enough chances to end the discussion and stop yourself looking even more silly, but you didn't take my advice! Your logic that more people will bet on an outcome if the price is shorter is beyond stupid. I would rather back Bournemouth at 2/1 than 6/5. Anyone that would be more interested in backing them at 6/5 is mad.

The award for most clueless poster goes to.... The Doctor! Well done! I gave you enough chances to end the discussion and stop yourself looking even more silly, but you didn't take my advice! Your logic that more people will bet on an outcome if the price is shorter is beyond stupid. 

No, it's not. Most people aren't Lamby, they don't throw money at the longest odds thinking only of the biggest return - most will instead go with reasonably short odds looking to make a quid or two at a time, so understating the odds slightly while making them still look normal will draw a lot of business from these sorts of people. It's roughly the same sort of track that sees cars marked at £4,999 rather than £5,000; the first one looks like a good deal, better than the latter, but it's really not - you're not gaining anything from it. Similarly pricing something at 6/5 rather than 11/5 makes it look a bit more likely, like a slightly better deal - making us more prone to go for it. 

But, putting all discussion of actual odds distribution aside (because it's quite clear you don't understand basic psychology), should bournemouth have been favourites? No, because we're slightly better than them and massively in form - they're us a year ago, and in the form we're in, the most likely result pre-match would have been a narrow leicester win, with a strong chance of a draw.

I made this call in the summer. There are some itching, literally itching, to be able to say I told you so.

I genuinely believe there were some who were miffed when we equalised today. Just read the match thread thru to see the doom and gloom that pervaded.

If we would have lost today, mark my words, the snide little anti-comments about Ranieri and the pro-comments about Pearson would have started. They wouldn't have been overt and obvious, but they would have been there.

It will happen if we start losing, mark my words. People like Corky have said it won't. IMO that's naive in the extreme.

We drew today against a side who will prove difficult to beat at home. And we lie third in the division.

Spot on,

We just have to accept, hell of alot of Scandinavian undesirables have escaped into Britain creating all this negative Trolling.

4 games with positive points, and the ghouls trying to negate our positive start, just love to peck like old hens.

I dont know how you feel 'Col' but I hope Ranieri makes changes and trys the different players out.

He has been proven right so far, because even Mahrez, King, DD have had indifferent games.We need to know now and not in the bread and butter part of the season, how many of the squad are upto taking us deep into the season showing improved class and quality.

INLAR + KANTE are going to play a major part in any success we have chasing down the hard points, the selections in the 1st 2 games even with success was obviously not the end solution/choices.

Archived