Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

We played badly and still managed to get something out of the game. Isn't that what good teams manage to do?

Things weren't working first half and the manager changed things, even losing arguably our best player to injury, we came out second half on top, perhaps unlucky not to snatch the game.

We can't win them all but it's nice that even on a bad day we get a point.

When I think back to last year and our winless run and this month we're unbeaten so far - I'm filled with optimism.

1/5 of the way to 40 points with only 4 games played. Why be glum?

Not really sure what CR was doing yesterday in all fairness. If that is his idea of tinkering, he can keep it to himself. We were dreadful for the first half. A lone striker doesn't work at all. Get Wasyl back in defence, give DaLaet a holiday, and get Krammy back on the bench.

Really don't understand this thread. It's opinion if you "Think" Someone got something wrong. When we could've easily won 1-3 or 2-3 if you count Wilsons "Claim"

Overall we've replaced Pearson, a man that has given me some of my greatest memories of my life and matches i will never forget with a man who has an incredibly similar character. Just look at the picture above. He's passionate, funny, incredibly complimentary of our team, fans and city. This thread is just disrespectful and Pearson was treated even worse (imagine that)

His tactics brought us another valuable point in the search for second season survival. I thought yesterday nabbing a point in the face of defeat would show amazing character and galvanise the fans and team to come home and get another win under our belts. I'm all for opinions in football it's what makes the sport so diverse but for me Claudio is the best manager to take over from Pearson in every possible way and we NEED to get behind the team. If you were Richie, Kingy or Danny reading this on the coach on the way back I'd feel even more nervous and anxious stepping out at the KP.

Not really sure what CR was doing yesterday in all fairness. If that is his idea of tinkering, he can keep it to himself. We were dreadful for the first half. A lone striker doesn't work at all. Get Wasyl back in defence, give DaLaet a holiday, and get Krammy back on the bench.

And you go back to School on Monday and stick to playing FIFA

Just got back .... Thanks for tickets Tom ... Really appreciate it !!

Mistakes made in game, some in selection (Vardy looked very isolated up front) and some on the pitch (they can't give everything all the time) but some played well below par and I hope CR gave them a good kick up the arse. Lot of talk about Pearson and CR but don't forget that there is another person missing ... Someone who I have heard had a massive impact (reliable source I promise) on turning things round at the end of last season both on and off the pitch .... inspiring the players during the game and suggesting selections and formations, amongst other things .... Who knows he may even have planted a seed that a continental approach was what was needed to take us forward ... He was magic you know !!! Anyway, he and James are missing and yet we are doing very well. Eventually the new players will bed in and CR will learn more and more as he goes along. Exciting times I think and I love it !!

It was a frustrating performance due to our high expectations but it certainly wasn't the worst outcome.  I only watched the game from a stream and haven't seen MOTD yet but it looked like their small pitch didn't help the wingers with their long passes.  Now we know Mahrez had an ineffective game and was taken off due to getting a nasty tackle from Gradel in the first minute.  I'm glad our players don't go down that easily like Bournemouth's, Ming's got injured as he wimped out of a tackle 

I can see why CR wanted to test the defensive formation against a lesser quality but attacking team.  He changed the formation at half time and got a better performance.  At least he knows what we need to work on and we know he can adapt and make positive changes.  I think we did need Inler taking control and organising the middle of the park and once Kante got going he looked great.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Bene, he keeps having to come off the bench to help see out the game but is showing too much enthusiasm and needs to tone his hard man tackles or be more sneaky with them.  The only challenge he gave away in a dangerous position was a dive from Pugh?  

This is a much better start than we all could've imagined.

The right side has been a issue for a while, how we sort it out is a canunadrum

Mahrez is quality we all know that, how do we compliment him ?

Play him behind the front two could be a option, play him with 3 centre backs even better,what do you guys think?

No I don't think that is the point, personally.

I love analysis when it's based on some sort of reasoning. Babylon is possibly one of the best at this.

I tend to avoid posting too much in the match threads because it's all 'passion', if you like. There's instant jumping at defensive errors, missed chances, tactical decisions etc..without the 'hold on, give it a bit of time, let's see what happens' bit.

And I still think there are those who are silently sharpening their knives for Ranieri. To then weald them if we start losing. Why this is I have no idea. For all the good Pearson did, he himself (and his daft son) ruined it in the end. With a bit of off field savvy, there would have been no cause or call for any change. Ranieri is his own man. He's not Nigel Pearson.

Haha - Babs'll love that!  :)

This is bullocks. Pearson learnt how to change things and well. Look at the Westbrom and Southampton games at the back end of the season.

We are getting worse in every game. Everything Pearson and the club worked for seems to be gradually evaporating. Alarm bells should be ringing. What a shame and what a waste.

Just play 352 and attack!

WTF are you talking about, you "Drongo"?  

Talking balls, and sour grapes, because your boyfriend has been kicked out.

Get a fecking life.

Few observations. Why wass Mahrez sacrificed at half time when it was clear there would be an attacking formation present for the second 45. Why is Kante a ball winning centre mid being deployed as a wide player in this formation? With Schlupp continually outpacing their right side in the sec half, why not push him forward and bring on the highly experienced Fuchs? Biggest crime with citys legs tiring in the middle surely the introduction of Inler would have brought a fresh impetus in there? Things will get interesting soon with the likes of Leo and Krama not getting a decent sniff. Whilst not keen on singling out players negatively i thought De Laet was very poor. Seems likely to be replaced by Nagatomo, need better awareness at this level both positionally and with ball. Ranieri should take responsibility for yesterday just hope he sees what others have.

Ah! Another managerial genius.  :)

WTF are you talking about, you "Drongo"?  

Talking balls, and sour grapes, because your boyfriend has been kicked out.

Get a fecking life.

To the sound of Big Ben. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong...wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Your Wrong! Your Wrong, Your Wrong!

Not going to slag Ranieri off too much. He made mistakes but did actually rectify them and that's all you can ask for. He's still learning about our squad and it will take time. We've drawn at a ground where I bet a few teams of our ilk will lose.

Not going to slag Ranieri off too much. He made mistakes but did actually rectify them and that's all you can ask for. He's still learning about our squad and it will take time. We've drawn at a ground where I bet a few teams of our ilk will lose.

Well said in a calm and inciteful way

Archived