Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

So why are your expectations more then Bournemouth who are in the same position we were last year.

QPR, Burnley were teams from the same championship season, for which we were superior.

Bournemouth, are Prem virgins, we were top 14th with a excellant start, superior to there's. Better squad, etc etc

I would have thought, someone of your limited intelligence would suss that out.

I'm a Pearson believer but were in a far better place tactically with Ranieri. He a far better Coach and is not afraid to act when he see's something is not working.

He may have got the starting lineup wrong today but corrected it that all any Manager can do.

What's been "not working" since the beginning of April? And what is somehow working better now?   

QPR, Burnley were teams from the same championship season, for which we were superior.

Bournemouth, are Prem virgins, we were top 14th with a excellant start, superior to there's. Better squad, etc etc

And we were the same last year... But you said it wasn't good enough, make your mind up.

Agree with everything in this post.

We had such a good thing at the end of the season, built around pace and fast counter attack. We are now pedestrian, and once again fearing teams. Is this the Italian way Ranieri was speaking about? He still hasn't explained why he changed to 442 in the first place?

If he can get back to playing fast attacking football I'll back him, but at the moment I'm not at all impressed. We have regressed in every game.

Stop looking at our eight points and exagerrating its meaning. You could say we were top once and have dropped to third in next to no time.

I laughed when people assumed we'd hammer Bournemouth. It was never likely especially with Bournemouth's home record, their performances against decent opposition this season and off the back of scoring four goals in beating West Ham.

Today's draw would actually have been admirable except for the manner in which it was achieved which was arguably worse than the home draw we ground out the week before.

At the end of last season I was bubbling with enthusiasm for a counter-attacking team with attitude, the like of which I'd not seen bettered or perhaps even matched since the days of leading the old Division One and contesting FA Cup Finals under Matt Gillies.

Now, umpteen million pounds of spending later we've become a team of spoiling apologists where football has taken a back seat while we beg for the points needed to survive.

Honestly I'd take last season's team and attitude back tomorrow and start building on it properly because what we're getting now is not even a token improvement.

I thought it might be. Okazaki looked a gem first time out against Sunderland. Kante has shown week in, week out that he's got the quality to grace most teams. But otherwise, I'm disappointed both with our signings and what seems to have become our footballing philosophy.

What a wonderful chance we've had to purchase quality, to adopt a footballing policy that people can get excited about shine our light on the game at a new level. Instead we've won eight points in four games and gone from being utterly thrilling to watch when at our best, to being little more than functional.

The whole bloody game might as well be played on a blackboard and I'm not impressed.

No-one's expecting titles at this stage or even denying the likelihood of setbacks but, my life, we can do more than just cancel out the opposition while offering something like 2/10 for entertainment value and attacking commitment.

I backed Pearson when he turned to attack and I'll back Ranieri on just the same basis. But I'll not sanction football that's based on sounding the retreat and hoping to beg our rewards. The idea is to move the club forwards as a football entity, not to tread water or start swimming backwards. And I emphasise the word "football". It's in our business title. And this ain't football as I understand it.

Stop looking at our eight points and exagerrating its meaning. You could say we were top once and have dropped to third in next to no time.

I laughed when people assumed we'd hammer Bournemouth. It was never likely especially with Bournemouth's home record, their performances against decent opposition this season and off the back of scoring four goals in beating West Ham.

Today's draw would actually have been admirable except for the manner in which it was achieved which was arguably worse than the home draw we ground out the week before.

At the end of last season I was bubbling with enthusiasm for a counter-attacking team with attitude, the like of which I'd not seen bettered or perhaps even matched since the days of leading the old Division One and contesting FA Cup Finals under Matt Gillies.

Now, umpteen million pounds of spending later we've become a team of spoiling apologists where football has taken a back seat while we beg for the points needed to survive.

Honestly I'd take last season's team and attitude back tomorrow and start building on it properly because what we're getting now is not even a token improvement.

I thought it might be. Okazaki looked a gem first time out against Sunderland. Kante has shown week in, week out that he's got the quality to grace most teams. But otherwise, I'm disappointed both with our signings and what seems to have become our footballing philosophy.

What a wonderful chance we've had to purchase quality, to adopt a footballing policy that people can get excited about shine our light on the game at a new level. Instead we've won eight points in four games and gone from being utterly thrilling to watch when at our best, to being little more than functional.

The whole bloody game might as well be played on a blackboard and I'm not impressed.

No-one's expecting titles at this stage or even denying the likelihood of setbacks but, my life, we can do more than just cancel out the opposition while offering something like 2/10 for entertainment value and attacking commitment.

I backed Pearson when he turned to attack and I'll back Ranieri on just the same basis. But I'll not sanction football that's based on sounding the retreat and hoping to beg our rewards. The idea is to move the club forwards as a football entity, not to tread water or start swimming backwards. And I emphasise the word "football". It's in our business title. And this ain't football as I understand it.

Massively OTT reaction. You're talking like you expect us to display exciting, attacking and effective football in every game in the premier league. If we could do that we would be champions. Not even Barcelona can play perfectly every week. Sometimes, in fact often, in this league teams will outplay us and/or cancel our our exciting attacking threat.

We're Leicester City. Last year we were the worst team in the league for six months. You can't expect us to be on fire every game. Today we got a good point. We're undefeated. We're on eight points from four games. Try to gain some perspective.

We are now pedestrian, and once again fearing teams. We have regressed in every game.

Jeezuz wept. I'm off to hang myself. Night all...

P.S. Didn't I read somewhere we are 3rd in the Premier League?

a lot of people's reaction to today's formation was: what, why?

now there's two options:

1. they were right and saw something Claudio didn't

2. they were wrong, 451 was right, it was just poorly executed.

coincidences happen, but my reaction to the team was "what is this nonsense?", we then played garbage. I'm no tactician but I don't think that's just a coincidence.

It's usually rather tough to face a newly-promoted team that has been left virtually unchanged from its previous Championship campaign (remember us at the beginning of last season?).

They've got a great team spirit and with Howe an excellent young motivator on the sidelines.

Bournemouth might be minnows in football terms, but at least they'll go down again with a fight - a bit like Oldham Athletic in the early 90ies.

now there's two options:

coincidences happen, but my reaction to the team was "what is this nonsense?", we then played garbage. I'm no tactician but I don't think that's just a coincidence.

When your three CM's can't string a pass together, it's hard to say it wasn't poorly executed. It was probably a mix of both though.

What's been "not working" since the beginning of April? And what is somehow working better now?   

What's been working better now is the performance of the players. There playing with a lot more confidence for a start. You only have to look at Mahrez, Vardy, even King and Drinkwater. Pearson took to long to figure out how to get the best from his players and nearly left it too late.

now there's two options:

Probably because we know Drinkwater and King tend to hide in a middle three because we've seen it before. Ranieri maybe didn't expect that from professional footballers.

Anyone who thinks we are going to play exciting attack football everyone week, needs a reality check!

Some weeks we are going to play badly, just like every other tean in the league!

Points pick up when you play badly are worth the same amount as the ones you pick when you play brilliant!

All in all, the point today is a good one!

If you look at the way we have played the last two games, this is what's most worrying. Today the team had no idea about what their role was, or what was expected of them. All season schlupp has played left back, a position where he can't bomb forward like he normally would.

Our 3 most creative players are albrighton mahrez and schlupp. Pearson had finally found a way to utilise all 3 effectively, yet at the first opportunity Ranieri goes 442.

We kept clean sheet after clean sheet at the back end of the season. So why does Ranieri drop was? From last year it's clear to see that the combination of Huth was and Morgan works well. Why change something that works? Change for the sake of change?

If you look at the way we have played the last two games, this is what's most worrying. Today the team had no idea about what their role was, or what was expected of them. All season schlupp has played left back, a position where he can't bomb forward like he normally would.

Our 3 most creative players are albrighton mahrez and schlupp. Pearson had finally found a way to utilise all 3 effectively, yet at the first opportunity Ranieri goes 442.

We kept clean sheet after clean sheet at the back end of the season. So why does Ranieri drop was? From last year it's clear to see that the combination of Huth was and Morgan works well. Why change something that works? Change for the sake of change?

We were bottom of the league for six months under Pearson. We're unbeaten under ranieri. Let's wait and see shall we.

IF you play the same system every game it would be easy for opposition to set up against us. It's all about keeping the opposition on there toes and not making us predictable. You sound like another on this forum who doesn't understand football. You seem to think it's possible to play like we did at the end of last season every game all season? The players would be shattered by Christmas. You can't play that way all season.

IF you play the same system every game it would be easy for opposition to set up against us. It's all about keeping the opposition on there toes and not making us predictable. You sound like another on this forum who doesn't understand football. You seem to think it's possible to play like we did at the end of last season every game all season? The players would be shattered by Christmas. You can't play that way all season.

Agree.

Thought Ranieri changed the team well.

Excellent management.

Mahrez and King were terrible today and De LAET must have cover.

FIF, I have to agree with all your comments today.

Massively OTT reaction. You're talking like you expect us to display exciting, attacking and effective football in every game in the premier league. If we could do that we would be champions. Not even Barcelona can play perfectly every week. Sometimes, in fact often, in this league teams will outplay us and/or cancel our our exciting attacking threat.

We're Leicester City. Last year we were the worst team in the league for six months. You can't expect us to be on fire every game. Today we got a good point. We're undefeated. We're on eight points from four games. Try to gain some perspective.

His post is a little OTT.

But surely you see the issue here. We are in our second PL season. Bournemouth are in their first. We should be 12 months ahead of them in terms of development and progression yet today we started with a negative formation with one isolated striker. We didn't threaten their goal until 70mins.

We shouldn't be setting up to cancel out teams which, on paper, are inferior to us.

Archived