Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

Like Thracian said,

If Ranieri decided to start actually attacking teams, and the type of shackle free football we played from April onwards then I will back him.

But he has retreated to the type of shit we used to play before Pearson. Like the sven and levein 451's

Ranieri shouldn't try to fix something that's not broken. We have dropped 4 points in the last 2 games because of the manager IMO

So, we didn't attack sunderland, or bury, or West Ham first half? The Spurs game was problematic because of the heat but we weren't that bad - so you're declaring him a bust and boringly negative based on one game. Patience isn't a strong suit I'm guessing?

So, we didn't attack sunderland, or bury, or West Ham first half? The Spurs game was problematic because of the heat but we weren't that bad - so you're declaring him a bust and boringly negative based on one game. Patience isn't a strong suit I'm guessing?

Since the second half at Westham we have stopped attacking.

That's a game and a half of attacking intent, followed by 2 and a half premier league games of trying to stop the other team from scoring. Are you happy with that? I certainly am not. Hope to be proven wrong but alarm bells are ringing. Glad we have 8 points already!

Since the second half at Westham we have stopped attacking.

That's a game and a half of attacking intent, followed by 2 and a half premier league games of trying to stop the other team from scoring. Are you happy with that? I certainly am not. Hope to be proven wrong but alarm bells are ringing. Glad we have 8 points already!

I think there are a lot of factors at play. Sunderland were attrocious, and any team could have easily of scored 4 past them that day - West Ham was a tough test, but we didn't offer too much attacking threat except our two goals; we were hanging on. Tottenham was very dull overall, they wern't great and neither were we. Today with Bournemouth, they played better than us, they knew what they were doing and how to do it. Now you mention Ranieri's negativtiy and I think you're right. He didn't set up for counter attacking play and he didn't set up to win. I was onw last season who was cllaing for 5 across the middle because it was clear our CMs were weak and we were losing because of it. Now when we still lost, under a little more control though, it was evident that 5 across the middle didn't work unless the striker has support. Playing with a lone striker is very diffcult, especially as an away team and especially with a lack of possesion. He becomes isolated, and it's exactly what happened to Vardy. The teams playing a lone striker have support in a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1 system, we didn't have that - that's what you need if you're going to use a lone striker. And again, Vardy isn't a target man - the amount of long balls up to him lost was staggering. I noticed Boruc's insitence of passing it from the back and building with some possesion, then looked at Kasper's hoofing met by the head of the Bournemouth defence and realised we're not playing the system right if we're launching looping balls up to Vardy where a head will meet it rather than for him to run in from behind.

I'd like to see Ranieri continue the 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 variation vs Villa / potentially switch it to 3-5-2

Lets not beat about the bush, this is a Pearson love dig at Ranieri thread. And it didnt even take a defeat for it to come either.

As if Pearson never made any tactical mistakes or had any poor performances. Ridiculous.

We got lucky, really bizarre decisions all game for me.

The lucky thing I don't really get, there were bizarre decisions all game so you could just as easily argue we were unlucky as lucky.

In another game

The flag does not go up against Mahrez and we have 3 penalties.

Or

We concede 2 penalties and have Huth sent off.

Swings and roundabouts but overall a draw was the right result I think.

What's with the slating of Dodoo? Ok, he had that howler with the goal at is mercy but then came back with some quality crosses. He also won us some corners. What more do we want from a premiership debut? We were all going on about a lack of cover for Mahrez. Well we got one now!

People keep harping on about the winning run and how we were so attacking... yes we were, at home.

Away from home we only played three games. Burnley, Sunderland and West Brom... we played utter crap in two and a half of those games lets not forget. There was no swashbuckling attacking play other than perhaps the second half against West Brom. Where we attacked well but in reality didn't create many good chances.

Most shocking thing from ranieri yesterday was his hat!

I haven't managed to go yet this season, but if you had told me we have 8 points and almost a quarter of the way to safety before the end of August I would more than happily have taken that! 2 week break now for all newbies to train solidly with the lads ready to kick on at home to villa which is another winnable game!

Lets not beat about the bush, this is a Pearson love dig at Ranieri thread. And it didnt even take a defeat for it to come either.

As if Pearson never made any tactical mistakes or had any poor performances. Ridiculous.

Pearson made them practically every week from October - March!... People have short memories on here!

We get it. You hated Pearson and his football management style. Give it a fvcking rest

As if you never overly criticized Pearson for his failings last season. Ridiculous.

FFS, some people on here, I just...

Anyway, first thing is we had 11 professional players on the pitch yesterday, playing in a slightly tweaked formation. Kante in for Shinji, is not a major change and not one that should have yielded that poor performance first half. The players inability to make something out that formation is a lot more concerning than the manager picking a 451.

Anyway, first thing is we had 11 professional players on the pitch yesterday, playing in a slightly tweaked formation. Kante in for Shinji, is not a major change and not one that should have yielded that poor performance first half. The players inability to make something out that formation is a lot more concerning than the manager picking a 451.

Claudio picked it, saw by half time it didn't work , changed it and we got a point... 8 from 4 is a great return, we are third with now the international break to come. Had anyone said that before the season started I would have snapped their hands off... I think we certainly won't see that formation again, sometimes even the best managers get it wrong but they realise their mistakes and change it like Ranieri did.

Ranieri had trust in his team to be able to play the formation but that didn't happen, I suspect he went with it to try to gain more possession and add a bit more steel to our defence.

Completely agree, if it had been executed correctly and the players actually been able to control the middle like the extra man should allow, it might have been different. 4-5-1 might not suit us, we might be better off playing another system... but it's hard to 100% put it down to the system when the basics were lacking so much from the players themselves.

Some of you need to realise that the new manager has to find out for himself what works and what doesn't. That he may have transfer targets in mind and need to see how our existing personnel will perform in a tactical set up of his choosing. It may look at 4-5-1 but it's never as simple as that. There are nuances within the broad pattern.

I would rather have patience with a man who has managed some of the largest clubs in Europe than read knee jerk reactions on here.

maybe he was lucky that we conceded and therefore had to change it at half time. Pearson had games last season where we were set up wrong but didn't concede until during the second half and there wasn't really enough time to get a tactical change to work out.

I think a new manager should be allowed to fiddle around early in the season so he has a broad picture of what solutions he has to various tactical conundrums that pop up throughout the campaign. when he makes a poor decision and we fail to get even a point against a team we should beat then sure, come on here and give him a kick. but after game 4 with the window not yet shut and with us still unbeaten, this thread is incredible.

Ranieri tried something yesterday that did not work.  Rather than moan about it, let's see what he does about it the next game.  If he doesn't change anything and persists with something that does not work, then fair enough, have a go at the man, but to call him out after one game where we still managed a result and sit unbeaten in the league after 4 games is ludicrous.

What the hell! We are Leicester City F f s. Not Real Madrid. Tipped by most experts and some people here after the appointment of Randy Hairy to go down this year. 5 Games in we are still in the cup traveled away and thrashed a side with our reserves. And 4 games into a Premiership season in the hardest league in the world where any team can beat anyone on there day we are unbeaten an sitting very nicely in 3rd place!

Not every manager is going to get everything right even Fergie made mistakes,all he can do is take each game as it comes and try and play the best formation/side that he thinks.If it's going wrong then try and change thing's up. That's what he did yesterday and has done so far this season. I'll say he made some excellent changes in personnel and formation yesterday. The decision to bring in Kante was top drawer and the formation change second half was also spot on. OK you can argue he got the starting formation wrong but he recognized it and corrected it and got a reward second half. 

The attack on RDL here is embarrassing Gradel would have given most Full-Backs the run around yesterday and he was doubled up on most of the game.OK he's not the best in the world but come on he's certainly not the worst. Always one player has to be the scapegoat in a side it seems(Even when you are riding high in the table)and Richie it seems is going to get the brunt of it this season.He's still a young man learning his trade in the best league in the world,Ad really don't understand the obsession to bring in a right-back with RDL and Benny backed up by Moore i think we have more than enough in that position.position. Ok its maybe not our best position on the field but i think we are more than OK there. If he was that bad he would not have been picked for the first 4 games. I certainly trust the manager's judgement over a load of teenage Managers on FIFA and FM. 

Personally i think he's made many more right choice's than wrong...That's why we are sitting where we are 3RD in the table!.

Get off your high horse Leicester Fans.This is an amazing time to be a Leicester City Fan.I remember the Hamilton and Pleat days...Now that was a time to moan! We are third in the top flight...Exciting signing being made and more cash to burn..Sit back...relax...and enjoy this time while it's here. Enjoy the fact we have a quality Manager here leading us....You never know when there's a Pleat...Taylor...Or Holloway just round the corner.

Got to love a FT over reaction, 8pts from 4 games and still in the league cup and we have problems ffs. Perhaps some need to look at our squad 12 months ago. Almost feels like some want us to fail to prove a point. The Tinkerman has played  the same team 3 out of 4 league games and in the other made 1 change with Kante being one of our best players on the pitch. Yesterday we got a point against a team really up for it, if we were that bad they certainly were not any better.

Apart from Kasper we have pretty much got cover all over the pitch. The team spirit built up by Pearson is still there and the players are playing to a plan. It is still very early days in the premiership but looking at the table there are plenty who will swap with us, the club is going in the right direction.

Archived