Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Ranieri - Shocking perfomance

But it's a game where we should have very realistic ambitions of taking three points from - these will be relegation battlers, and the first thing we need to be doing is beating relegation battlers, not performing so poorly that 0 points would have been more than we deserved.

Yes it is, you are correct.  But just because we harbour ambition to take 3 points away from a game because on paper we have a stronger side does not entitle us to do that.  We do need to beat the majority of our relegation rivals I agree....at home!  Away from home, draws are good enough, that is without question.

Imagine how it's all gunna kick off when we lose.. People need to calm down. A poor away performance and still come away with a point. Claudio did get a few things wrong however if it went the other way and we won people would be calling it a master stroke.

I don't mind losing if we give it our best go. It's a bit like having a car crash knowing your car's not road worthy. You can forgive yourself. Knowing you did everything possible to avoid it.

But it's a game where we should have very realistic ambitions of taking three points from - these will be relegation battlers, and the first thing we need to be doing is beating relegation battlers, not performing so poorly that 0 points would have been more than we deserved.

At home yes, away from home a point is a good result.

I think he tinkered because it was an away game, and one that we weren't expecting to do fantastically in.

Personally, please can we go three at the back with Schlupp on the left wing. When he is going forward he looks great, and we look a threat. This was the first game he was allowed to do that.

How exactly does moving the odds away from reality make them "enticing"? If everybody thinks Bournemouth aren't favourites then shortening their odds makes it a worse bet for a punter, not a better one.

Basically, if you present odds that look reasonable, if you present it as if it's a realistic shot, then it's more inviting as a punt, because it looks quite probable. There's a reason no-one takes the 100-1 punts, even if it's not actually that far fetched with a bit of analysis, because long odds put the average person off.

Basically, if you present odds that look reasonable, if you present it as if it's a realistic shot, then it's more inviting as a punt, because it looks quite probable. There's a reason no-one takes the 100-1 punts, even if it's not actually that far fetched with a bit of analysis, because long odds put the average person off.

You really don't have a clue about odds! Just quit while you are behind.

Yes it is, you are correct.  But just because we harbour ambition to take 3 points away from a game because on paper we have a stronger side does not entitle us to do that.  We do need to beat the majority of our relegation rivals I agree....at home!  Away from home, draws are good enough, that is without question.

Well, no. If you were sitting down at the start of the season drawing up for 42 points, you'd be targeting 6 against the newly promoted sides, 4 against sides like Villa, west brom and Sunderland, 2/3 against the likes of newcastle and west ham, then maybe one here and there against the top 7.

You really don't have a clue about odds! Just quit while you are behind.

So when you see 100-1 on a fixture you don't know much about your first thought is "I'm all over that". Bookies must love you if you've got that sort of pathological hatred of your money. Make the odds shorter and more people pile on thinking it's an easy couple of quid.

Well lengthening odds on the most realistic outcome doesn't make much sense from the bookies perspective to me, but I admit I don't know how these things work.

So when you see 100-1 on a fixture you don't know much about your first thought is "I'm all over that". Bookies must love you if you've got that sort of pathological hatred of your money. Make the odds shorter and more people pile on thinking it's an easy couple of quid.

Oh my word I would love you as a punter! I'll make Leicester 1/10 next week and you'll be all over it!

Well lengthening odds on the most realistic outcome doesn't make much sense from the bookies perspective to me, but I admit I don't know how these things work.

Exactly. That is what The Doctor does not seem to grasp!

Who said you should be happy?

I'm not happy, but I'm not over reacting about a poor performance just as I won't about a good one. Some of the stuff posted is just moronic over reaction as per usual.

True enough. We're unbeaten with 8 pts for 4 games. I would take that any single day. We've clawed our way back twice now, but I am slightly concerned about the way we are conceding territory as we did today and last week. No reason to panic at all.

I'm sure Bournemouth fans will feel they had to win this after their first half. Howe and co. are likely to be content with the point at the end though.

I hope that after 6-10 games Ranieri will know his preferred formation and personnel, but also that he will get us to play like against Sunderland a little more often with high pressing.

Oh my word I would love you as a punter! I'll make Leicester 1/10 next week and you'll be all over it!

Well, I'm not stupid enough to bet on a match that isn't being played, but if I was to have a flutter on our next match, I'd definitely back us v Villa.

It's psychological warfare - length and fewer people take it, make a reasonably unlikely outcome shorter while still being remotely plausible (so, not offering Leicester 1/10 on away to chelsea) and more people will pop on thinking that it's a relatively safe shout. Also, I never said lengthing the most likely outcome - 13/5 is reasonable for us, just shortening the unlikely outcome to make more put on it.

I kinda understand his selection. King and Drinkwater have been great in the first three games. Kante looked good in the cup. Vardy is better up front on his own than Okazaki (who likes to drop deep). It all seemed quite logical. I don't blame the formation as much as I blame the players. 

It's interesting that taking a man out of the midfield allowed our full-backs to get further forward in the second half, surely you'd expect that to be the other way round? 

It all seems to go down to the Danny Drinkwater effect. When he plays badly, the team plays badly. As it turns out, he had an okay second half. 

Totally agree a shocking managerial performance. He fails to see that if we play 3-5-2 then we would be able to release schlupp further forward where he is more effective, let albrighton whip in the crosses from deep at right wing back and let mahrez roam behind the two strikers. 

We would also be more solid at the back with 3 in there! 

It makes sense but he is too stubborn to try it. Wish we still had Pearson. 

A bit like when MON left and we were still riding on a wave, I have a terrible feeling we may nose dive, like we did under Peter Taylor

Dear god, when MON left we replaced Lennon with Jones.

We now have the likes of Inler and Kante making up the midfield. I'm not sure I can see any comparison what so ever.

It's like people want to say "I was right". Same as when Pearson was here.

I made this call in the summer. There are some itching, literally itching, to be able to say I told you so.

I genuinely believe there were some who were miffed when we equalised today. Just read the match thread thru to see the doom and gloom that pervaded.

If we would have lost today, mark my words, the snide little anti-comments about Ranieri and the pro-comments about Pearson would have started. They wouldn't have been overt and obvious, but they would have been there.

It will happen if we start losing, mark my words. People like Corky have said it won't. IMO that's naive in the extreme.

We drew today against a side who will prove difficult to beat at home. And we lie third in the division.

I don't want to overreact but everything that made us good last season (width, ability to control the ball in the middle of the pitch and desire) wasn't really there in large parts today.

Some poor decisions and file under 'got away with it' today.

Today being the key word. Was a bad one. We're still unbeaten. Bring on Villa.

No need to panic, but you have to acknowledge that Ranieri got it wrong today and that we managed to come back home with a rather lucky draw.

I think it's unfair to start comparisons to the Taylor era after the MON days, let's save those comments for the day we go down at the end of the season - which is pretty much highly hypothetical at this point in time.

Still unbeaten in four, we've advanced one round in the League Cup.

However, I'd love to see the central midfield being replaced and us either playing with three at the back or another right-back stepping in for De Laet (for a while).

Well, I'm not stupid enough to bet on a match that isn't being played, but if I was to have a flutter on our next match, I'd definitely back us v Villa.

It's psychological warfare - length and fewer people take it, make a reasonably unlikely outcome shorter while still being remotely plausible (so, not offering Leicester 1/10 on away to chelsea) and more people will pop on thinking that it's a relatively safe shout. Also, I never said lengthing the most likely outcome - 13/5 is reasonable for us, just shortening the unlikely outcome to make more put on it.

Look, you just don't have a clue so you are making yourself look silly. Bookies bet to a certain percentage on a match, usually around 110% or so. So if you had a bet on every outcome (home,draw,away) to certain stakes, in theory the bookie would make 10%. So if Leicester were 13/5, Bournemouth had to be around 6/5. If they were 2/1 for example, the percentage might be say 95%, i.e the bookie loses 5%.

Archived