srbfox Posted 14 October 2015 Posted 14 October 2015 Would it be possible to have notification once someone quotes you in a thread?
ozleicester Posted 14 October 2015 Posted 14 October 2015 Would it be possible to have notification once someone quotes you in a thread? There is such an option. Go to the drop down at the top right beside your name, click my settings, then click notification options on the left menu.
foxfanazer Posted 17 October 2015 Posted 17 October 2015 Took me a couple of years before I found this option. Was a nightmare scrolling through threads
The Blur Posted 18 October 2015 Posted 18 October 2015 I thought this was on automatic for every posters when they joined? I never had to turn mine on, either that or I can't remember turning it on as I joined ages ago
Unabomber Posted 18 October 2015 Posted 18 October 2015 Nice I had no idea you could do this. Now I look forward to not ignoring people who asked me a question. Also mods why am I banned from the vardy thread? I want to post something in there.
Unabomber Posted 18 October 2015 Posted 18 October 2015 wtf how did people not know this was a thing I had no clue, I feel bad for all the people who asked me questions and I simply wasn't notified.
Finnegan Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 On this note, have they made an IPBoard add on yet that enables @ tagging? Generally not a big twitter fan (not even ON twitter) but it's a good concept they've given the world. I've seen it used on other sites. So Unabomber for example would get a notification if Scouse posted something and @Unabomber tagged him?
Mark Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 On this note, have they made an IPBoard add on yet that enables @ tagging? Generally not a big twitter fan (not even ON twitter) but it's a good concept they've given the world. I've seen it used on other sites. So Unabomber for example would get a notification if Scouse posted something and @@Unabomber tagged him? @@Finnegan It's included the new version but I'm not a fan of it, I think if I upgraded the site that all hell would break loose Does this work?
Unabomber Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 So Unabomber for example would get a notification if Scouse posted something and @Unabomber tagged him? don't encourage him
ScouseFox Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 hey @@Unabomber holy shit it worked @@Unabomber
ScouseFox Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 nah not working @@Unabomber @@Bomber wow if you type @ una it auto knows you wanna @ unabomber
Unabomber Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 Just worked for me, you have to turn something on in settings. This is gonna change everything. I'm just gonna @@col all day errrday.
ScouseFox Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 think i found it is it notify me when someone mentions me in a post? @scousefox can you @ yourself? @me thats a no then
ScouseFox Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 wow nice good mention glad i was notified about that @@Unabomber
ScouseFox Posted 21 October 2015 Posted 21 October 2015 thank you for this feature @@Mark you don't get enough praise when you do good stuff, i guess you're a bit like a referee. well here's some praise pal
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.