Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Russian Doping

The chief of WADA has just gone on record as saying that Russia has gone full-blown Cold War with their intimidation of doping officials and labs. Has said that there is a deep rooted culture of drug cheating from top to bottom and that Russia should be banned from all athletics competitions until further notice.

Wow. Wonder if the IOC and IAAF will follow the recommendation

Some ex athletes have had some stinging words about Seb Coe regarding all this, asking what exactly his job was and what the hell was he doing when he was Vice President of the IAAF before his current role if he couldn't find any evidence or even look in to allegations like this before.

The WADA report says Moscow testing laboratory director Grigory Rodchenko ordered 1,417 doping control samples destroyed to deny evidence for the inquiry.

The inquiry report says Rodchenko "personally instructed and authorized" the destruction of evidence three days before a WADA audit team arrived in Moscow last December.

The WADA panel says it wanted to send the Russian athletes' samples to labs in other countries to detect banned drugs and doping methods.

The report says Rodchenko's action "obliterated forever the attempt to determine if there was any evidence of athletes having clean and dirty 'A' samples at the Moscow laboratory."

When the auditors arrived in Moscow, Rodchenko told them he decided to "do some clean up to prepare for WADA's visit."

Rodchenkov, the report notes, "remained obstructive" throughout the investigation and refused to be recorded.

This is the same lab due to work on FIFA's anti-doping campaign for the 2018 World Cup

Dont tell me Russia, is the only country, involved at high levels, this is going

to pick up pace and run like the FIFA saga.

Just feel sorry for all the honest sports-people around the world.

The functionaries in all sports at high , and ground level, and their work ,

need a complete overall, and have to be taken out of the sphere or reach of 'just jobs for the boys'

More importantly, quicker dismissals, and accept immediately into and keep

the mind-set corruption, is corruption....is corruption.

Enhanced Drug-taking Sportsmen/women, involved functionaries no comeback, it has to be from now a live ban.

I would love to believe the honesty of life is still there, and enhancing drugs or other corruption is not rife, but

all sports not just Athletics, are spending a long time in the docks at the moment, naming Russia is NOT

the get-out, more like a cop out.

I was a young potential high performance sportsman in the 70s, injuries cut the hopes out quickly.

I seen it coming, but hoped somehow in my innocence, it would be suppressed.

Even back then, around the stadiums and events/training uncontrolled changing rooms there were uneducated

temptation possibilties.Many good coaches and functionaries fought hard to keep all types

of steroids and enhancing medication/drugs away from their people and most likely

believed they were winning the fight, but it was so innocent in Uk in those days.

It was only when one went to a Euro-meet that rumours seemed even darker.

Again the good guys just couldnt believe it would get out of control.

The change in modern times, is the 2nd business in the new technic on creating non detectable additives and drugs.

The last 20 years in medical technical developements, for saving life, has also created a platform for destroying lives.

Way too much of a fine line between legal enhancement and cheating. That needs to be sorted as a priority. The Russian issue, wow but can't look surprised.

This is just the start. Some big names are going down.

Based on what?

Coincidentally, there's new reports that a Swiss anti-doping laboratory miraculously let 67 probes of Russian athletes disappear, even though they were meant to undergo further testing at Wada, the World Anti-Doping Agency.

The laboratory's name? Laboratoire Suisse d'Analyse du Dopage, in short: LAD. :ph34r:

I think that when sport is used as an extension of nationalist sentiment to an extreme degree and you have to prove you as a nation are 'better' than everyone else, then winning becomes of paramount importance. And that's where state-sponsored cheating comes in.

I could see how all of the cheating and bribes could lead to orgnizations collapsing (IOC, Fifa) and sport dying until it is truky transparent.....pipe dream?

pipe dream  :D

I could see how all of the cheating and bribes could lead to orgnizations collapsing (IOC, Fifa) and sport dying until it is truky transparent.....pipe dream?

These organisations are so far within inside themselves, they would still be doing business, when there is no sport.

I think that when sport is used as an extension of nationalist sentiment to an extreme degree and you have to prove you as a nation are 'better' than everyone else, then winning becomes of paramount importance. And that's where state-sponsored cheating comes in.

It's just people. They're flawed. It doesn't need to be anything lofty. They're just flawed at whatever level. 

Archived