Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

Just on the De Laet criticism, the first goal was poor by Kasper but look at how much space RDL gives Onomah to assist the original shot.

Simpson is similar however against the top players. Rather than the rash RDL can be, Simpson doesn't seem to back himself. He allows his opposition number to turn and face up to him. Also goes too physical.

A real shame Chilwell isn't right footed.

I'm going to be in a minority here but I can see why the referee has given it. You could interpret it as Dyer knew what he was doing. From the comments I assumed it kicked up and he was facing the other way, but he wasn't. He knew where the ball was, whether he did it on purpose is another matter but only Dyer will know that.

I think it was a harsh decision, probably the wrong decision, but it wasn't as obvious a terrible decision as some people are making out.

Extremely unlucky with the penalty but let's not forget we've had a dubious ones go our way recently I.e Watford and Bournemouth

On to the next game where we'll surely beat them in the league where it really matters.

lol what? I don't think you mean Watford.

I can't be arsed with accepting we should be screwed over. "We've had penalties recently" that's probably because we got fouled in the box.

If a team has had three penalties already and they get fouled in the box again, it's a fourth penalty. The others are irrelevant.

We haven't had loads of luck either. That's the kind of myth that kept getting spouted two years back. What about the one at home to these in August? One of the most blatant penalties I've seen and he didn't give it lol

good game.

Our B team performed well away from home.

Dyer was the only player who let the side down. Not for the penalty but for his inability to get back and defend - considering which De Laet did very well.

De Laet, Chilwell, Was, Inler, King, Gray, Okazaki and Ulloa all had good games IMO.

I can't be arsed with accepting we should be screwed over. "We've had penalties recently" that's probably because we got fouled in the box.

If a team has had three penalties already and they get fouled in the box again, it's a fourth penalty. The others are irrelevant.

We haven't had loads of luck either. That's the kind of myth that kept getting spouted two years back. What about the one at home to these in August? One of the most blatant penalties I've seen and he didn't give it lol

Woah there. Now lets be reasonable here, Dan. Having more penalties than other teams can't be because the rules have been applied correctly because that would mean the people who don't like us would have nothing to complain about. So that can't be it.

hello all...im a spurs fan so i hope u dont mind me posting..i  like most of u was stunned we got that penno....i have seen it from many angles and in some it looks like ball to hand and in others it looks deliberate...from one of d frames posted by mc prussian ..probably the refs view point..it looks like ur defender is falling and reaching out as rose pushes away....all that aside was glad to watch that game..so many people knocking the fa cup...it was probably the best cup match ive seen in years..as a spurs fan i know exactly what its like to see a dodgy decision go against you..looking forward to both our teams channging the order of merit for a couple of years to come...best of look to u for the rest of the year

hello all...im a spurs fan so i hope u dont mind me posting..i  like most of u was stunned we got that penno....i have seen it from many angles and in some it looks like ball to hand and in others it looks deliberate...from one of d frames posted by mc prussian ..probably the refs view point..it looks like ur defender is falling and reaching out as rose pushes away....all that aside was glad to watch that game..so many people knocking the fa cup...it was probably the best cup match ive seen in years..as a spurs fan i know exactly what its like to see a dodgy decision go against you..looking forward to both our teams channging the order of merit for a couple of years to come...best of look to u for the rest of the year

Dyer is a lot of things - but a defender he surely isn't! :D

Woah there. Now lets be reasonable here, Dan. Having more penalties than other teams can't be because the rules have been applied correctly because that would mean the people who don't like us would have nothing to complain about. So that can't be it.

Ah sorry good point. My mistake. I know the truth generally doesn't go down well so I won't do it again.

You maybe correct as the club have removed the page on confirming replay details...surely a weeks notice is too short though?

That's poor if that's true. Matchgoing fans being firmly shafted as per. Doesn't really affect me but surely you can't sell tickets and then move it.

Archived