Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

Madley is also the ref who missed Pantillimon catching the ball 10 yards out of his area in the first match of this season. Strange how he couldn't see that handball right in front of him, yet his eagle eyes managed to see this one straight through the backs of Dyer and Rose.

Looking at the replays there's no way the referee saw the incident properly, if at all. He just reacted because the Spurs player stopped (on seeing the ball touch Dyer's hand)  and allowed him to do the refereeing for him. Disgraceful.    

Does make you wonder with Madley given he's got that many wrong against us. That's a ridiculous record. Both this, the Spurs cup game last year, the Sunderland shambles (one of the most blatant handballs and red cards I can remember), the absolute scandal at Man City last year. That's quite some record really.

Anyway I don't want to bang on about cvnts any longer as they're polluting an otherwise good day. 8 changes away at a Spurs side who played Eriksen (who in my opinion is their best player), Alderweireld, Rose, Son and brought on Alli and Kane, and were very, very unlucky to not win the game.

They'll fawn themselves over their possession stats but how many times did they genuinely threaten us? We defend very deep but we are so well organised. Their goals have come from a goalkeeping error and a non-penalty. Tactically we are spot on.

This is without Vardy and Mahrez, and with two teenagers down the left - who were both excellent.

We are as good as I remember us. Today's game has given me a real boost. I actually think we can win on Wednesday and I think we can get to the 4th round too. They were nothing special what so ever and looked absolutely clueless.

Sunderland this season was Lee mason. Although googling his history he was the ref for last seasons sunderland at home match. Fairly sure Cattermole jumped through Mahrez and no penalty given there either. He's also been promoted to the Fifa list this month, meaning he's regarded as being good enough to ref international football...

Yes, I get all the comments about the penalty BUT I watched all the replays and it looked as though he'd intentionally touched it one view and then looked accidental the next. I'm not going to blame the ref. for the decision - it's just too easy to do that - and to criticise Harry 'my name's Caine' for scoring it - fvcking ridiculous. I take a lot of encouragement from the fact that the non-regular members of the first team squad were just as doughty in defence as Huth, Wes Morgan and co. Inler looks like he's getting there. Disappointed that Kramaric didn't feature mainly because of all the hype that surrounded him as the most expensive signing -  so another Akin-bad-buy-i then! Chilwell was exceptionally good although, even though looking a bit slight against the big Spurs forwards. The fact that Ranieri felt confident enough to take Kante off early is also encouraging. Okazaki brought Leonardo into the game. What a star Was turned out to be - Grizzly Adams indeed! Also Andy King -  good game, good game! Last week the media were busy at it again - tipping Spurs, Arsenal and Man City for the title and conveniently forgetting City again - and look what we did to them. If anything this will boost the confidence of the squad. To quote Keegan "I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it."

There is no way from his position he could have seen it therefore if you can't see it you can't give it he went from the reaction of that cheat Rose and the bloody home crowd who were getting desperate and anxious that the mighty Spurs were going to lose to little old Leicester. Also makes me sick that a lot of London tabloids this morning are saying Spurs Reserves. The team we put out had more reserves than them big club bias again.

Still fuming about the penalty but really a replay isn't a bad thing, the team will be roughly the same as yesterday and gives the fringe players another bite at first team action can only be a good thing for us really.

I'm sort of glad it's going to a replay for the same reason - they were all well up for it and will be desperate to show Ranieri what they're made of. Also the injustice will no doubt fire us up for the game on Wednesday, think it might be a feisty affair

Lots of positives to take from the game yesterday despite eventually taking the hit with the penalty (dum decision!) and getting a replay. Fantastic performances on the left flank from Gray and Chilwell against good opposition. Both look the real deal and fabulous prospects. A good team performance, especially in the 2nd half, with a lot of rotation players like Wasilewski, Benalouane, Inler and King coming in and playing well. Okazaki looked brilliant yesterday too. On another day - aside from a goalkeeping error from Kasper and a dodgy penalty call - we could easily have run out 0-2 winners and it couldn't be said that was a hugely underserved scoreline either.

It isn't just against Leicester though. Watch match of the day. He gets a big call wrong every single week. Be it booking someone for being so obviously wiped out stevie wonder could see it or just giving random penalties that even the team that benefits are confused. He's an awful referee and has to be one of the worst premier league referees ever.

Aside fromt he decision, I thought he actually had a pretty decent game. Let the game flow fairly well.

Has to be a decent chance of the replay being on TV doesn't there?

Pompey v Ipswich

Bristol City v West Brom

Leicester v Spurs

The three above will likely be the ties in contention of making it onto TV. Usually I'd say it'd be good to see the underdogs v prem opposition, but my god, West Brom should not be on TV anymore than contractually obliged.

Aside fromt he decision, I thought he actually had a pretty decent game. Let the game flow fairly well.

Has to be a decent chance of the replay being on TV doesn't there?

Pompey v Ipswich

Bristol City v West Brom

Leicester v Spurs

The three above will likely be the ties in contention of making it onto TV. Usually I'd say it'd be good to see the underdogs v prem opposition, but my god, West Brom should not be on TV anymore than contractually obliged.

Yeah it will be on TV the bbc will have it any excuse to show an all premiership match.

I can't get on board with this comment about RDL not being covered by the right winger/midfielder. People were saying it was because of Mahrez and yet Simpson's had no real trouble, although at the same time I think Mahrez has improved the defensive side of his game but not to the extent it completely changes how the right back plays. It was the same with Dyer and Albrighton as well. I liked RDL in the Championship and I've seen worse players but he seems well and truly shot at this level. I think he's gone backwards if anything. Positionally he's all over the place. He's a good outlet in an attacking Championship side but he's been found out big time at this level to the extent he gets targeted over an 18 year old.

I can't get on board with this comment about RDL not being covered by the right winger/midfielder. People were saying it was because of Mahrez and yet Simpson's had no real trouble, although at the same time I think Mahrez has improved the defensive side of his game but not to the extent it completely changes how the right back plays. It was the same with Dyer and Albrighton as well. I liked RDL in the Championship and I've seen worse players but he seems well and truly shot at this level. I think he's gone backwards if anything. Positionally he's all over the place. He's a good outlet in an attacking Championship side but he's been found out big time at this level to the extent he gets targeted over an 18 year old.

I've defended him times, but as you say his positioning has been terrible.

He did make some good challenges yesterday, but so often they got further than they should as he was either tucked in too much, was too far up field etc.

Completely agree. I was close to the back of the upper tier yesterday looking down from the skies, and throughout the first half I saw time and time again DeLaet getting caught out positionally.  He seems to always want to tuck in alongside the CBs rather than tracking wide runners.  Spurs saw this and were playing balls in behind him throughout the first half.  We've tightened up with Simpson because he plays like a full back whereas RDL plays like a right sided centre back expecting the winger ahead of him to track right back like a wing back.

I've defended him times, but as you say his positioning has been terrible.

He did make some good challenges yesterday, but so often they got further than they should as he was either tucked in too much, was too far up field etc.

Completely agree. I was close to the back of the upper tier yesterday looking down from the skies, and throughout the first half I saw time and time again DeLaet getting caught out positionally.  He seems to always want to tuck in alongside the CBs rather than tracking wide runners.  Spurs saw this and were playing balls in behind him throughout the first half.  We've tightened up with Simpson because he plays like a full back whereas RDL plays like a right sided centre back expecting the winger ahead of him to track right back like a wing back.

Can't disagree with either post. It's a shame really because he's got quite a lot to his game but he falls down on some of the absolute basics of positioning and it'll always hinder him. He might get better with age but he's just erratic at the minute.

I was unsure about Simpson coming in but Ranieri was spot on. He's a far superior defender who has made very few mistakes this season.

Ref mugged us, no way was that deliberate we defended well enough to win the match but encouraging performance from our reserve side against Spurs first team (at the end of the match).

Sorry to be pedantic but they had 4 first team players on at the end of the game

Archived