Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

I think there was some talk of trialling it in Scotland next season. I don't have a problem with trying it out but I don't think it'll work.

I guess we'll never know until we try it. Goal line technology was introduced and seems to have put the whole 'did the ball cross the line?' argument to bed once and for all...

My cousin was the Leicester mascot today, got to go into the changing rooms and meet all the players who were lovely, all took time to speak to him, have a picture, sign his shirt - Wes, Ulloa, Schmeichel and Vardy were apparently really nice. Spurs looked after him very well and he had a great day.

Thought we had a superb away end today, 90 minutes of singing and support, we were never going to have much possession but we were clinical and eventually robbed, disappointing to have another game on the schedule but a good day out. 

I guess we'll never know until we try it. Goal line technology was introduced and seems to have put the whole 'did the ball cross the line?' argument to bed once and for all...

That's instant. I wouldn't want a hold up every time there's an offside decision or foul. Human mistakes are all part of the game.

Needs to be limitations, I think Rugby has been ruined by the overuse and Cricket has become so complex it's s but of a farce.

The tennis comparison Thrac made is about the right level of use. Not intrusive, adds something to the game, but not overly reliant.

Agree with our right side  -their left- being weaker.  Chilwell on the other side did well as did Gray. A  good prospect for a replacement. The players seemed to be fighting for a place in the first team which is what CR wants and alluded to in his prematch comments. He said it was a chance to see which players he would keep and who wanted to fight for a place. No reason for them wanting to move away to a 'bigger' club because we are bigger.

A high percentage of handballs are not deliberate. The rule needs re-wording,

Why would any player deliberately handle the ball in that position, plenty of cover, running away from goal... Nothing to gain and all to lose.

The BBC stated more than once that in this fixture this time last year we were a Championship side?

FFS!

To be fair we looked like we were!

Now I've had some time to get over my initial gut reaction, I'm feeling pretty positive about the near future. I was a bit concerned that we were running out of steam judging by our last few games, and that we might be heading for a slump, but I think that performance by the reserves might well do us wonders. Not only has it given us a chance to give some weary legs a bit of a rest, it has demonstrated that we have players ready to step in and do a job when needed.

I was also a bit worried that there was some danger that complacency could have crept into some of the first players' minds with the starting line-up having remained so similar for so long. With the fringe players putting in a shift like that, the usual starters could be spurred on to make sure they don't lose their shirts. Albrighton looked like he could have been an example of this. He came on and looked like he had a point to prove. Might feel a bit threatened by the arrival of Gray. As long as players react like this and don't sulk, then it's great for the club.

Inler played well for the first time in a Leicester shirt, Chilwell looked like he had years more experience than he actually has, and Okazaki played the best game he's had for months. Fantastic goal. I really wasn't convinced by him before today, but now I think it's clear that he has been playing out of position. I think he's best as a no.9. Unfortunately for him, he's competing with Vardy for that spot. Fortunately for us, we could have a very good backup for Vardy on our hands.

Other players who deserve praise for today's game are Benny, King, Was, and Gray for a good debut.

Looks like we have real competition for places, and that's got to be a positive.

Leicester 1-2 Tottenham - Vardy not given a penalty when fouled in the box

Tottenham 1-2 Leicester - Kramaric not given a penalty when fouled by Vorm

Tottenham 4-3 Leicester - Rose given a soft penalty which the ref caved into the home crowd

Leicester 1-1 Tottenham - Mahrez cleaned out in the box, most stonewall penalty I've seen, not given

Tottenham 2-2 Leicester - That shambles earlier

Five times in a row we've been wrongly done by a penalty decision against these shites. FIVE.

That's instant. I wouldn't want a hold up every time there's an offside decision or foul. Human mistakes are all part of the game.

I agree, and I'm not suggesting we use technology for offsides or fouls. But for 50/50 penalty decisions that could cost teams valuable points or a passage into the next round of the cup, I think we should at last look at it in some way shape or form.

The biggest shame, about the penalty...Is this forums posters.

We are concentrating too much on this one, admittingly major issue...BUT

WE should be celebrating the game ( including spurs part in it), our great performance away from home,

playing against a club who has proven quality in depth.

Our depth was only tested today ( forget league cup) for the 1st time against another potential title contenders.

Before this game, and forget city fans thoughts, every pundit would have, player for player at least 9 of

spurs players, as better than ours.Again we proved people wrong again, plus the doubters from this forum,

According to many posts before the game.

Plus, Shinji might have found his 'own' game today, and gave his confidence an enormous boost.

What a sub, from Claudio, and what a great team and individual goal, that was his Mainz form.

RDL, Chilly, Benny, gave performances, that should prove we should keep them, and take some pressure off

Ranieri, knowing they can have a major part in our league 18 game run in, and beyond.

Wasilewski, doesnt have to prove anything.!

Gray, I would try to fit him in, in the next 2-3 games as a starter, it wont be a gamble.

Plus, take a one game shot to see if he could play, next to Vardy.

Todays game, took a few monkeys from our back, if we cant find a quality buy in the January-transfer window.

oh yes we still need to invest, but its no longer panic-buy, because the fringe players cant hack it.

Like Shearer said our depth, looks pretty good too, but investment is inevitable.

DD being out, wasnt good but Inler and King, must now know, they are capable if they bring consitency from

todays performance forward.

Todays game to me, proved we have at least 20 players, who can put in PL quality performances, when called upon.

and I havent included James or Dodoo, into this.Nor Kramaric.Also still need a quality young 2nd choice GK.

Kramaric, has missed out big today, not even on the bench.

Dyer needs to get a few good games behind him, he did improve, but is poor running back.

His best, I suppose is when a team is driving forward and has 58% + possesion.He has 4 months

to prove hes worth holding onto.Dont dismiss him yet.

To all, dont underestimate what this group of players achieved today.Each week looks better in my eyes.

I will still only take each game as it comes, but so far top 4 is still in..

The biggest shame, about the penalty...Is this forums posters.

We are concentrating too much on this one, admittingly major issue...BUT

WE should be celebrating the game ( including spurs part in it), our great performance away from home,

playing against a club who has proven quality in depth.

Our depth was only tested today ( forget league cup) for the 1st time against another potential title contenders.

Before this game, and forget city fans thoughts, every pundit would have, player for player at least 9 of

spurs players, as better than ours.Again we proved people wrong again, plus the doubters from this forum,

According to many posts before the game.

Plus, Shinji might have found his 'own' game today, and gave his confidence an enormous boost.

What a sub, from Claudio, and what a great team and individual goal, that was his Mainz form.

RDL, Chilly, Benny, gave performances, that should prove we should keep them, and take some pressure off

Ranieri, knowing they can have a major part in our league 18 game run in, and beyond.

Wasilewski, doesnt have to prove anything.!

Gray, I would try to fit him in, in the next 2-3 games as a starter, it wont be a gamble.

Plus, take a one game shot to see if he could play, next to Vardy.

Todays game, took a few monkeys from our back, if we cant find a quality buy in the January-transfer window.

oh yes we still need to invest, but its no longer panic-buy, because the fringe players cant hack it.

Like Shearer said our depth, looks pretty good too, but investment is inevitable.

DD being out, wasnt good but Inler and King, must now know, they are capable if they bring consitency from

todays performance forward.

Todays game to me, proved we have at least 20 players, who can put in PL quality performances, when called upon.

and I havent included James or Dodoo, into this.Nor Kramaric.Also still need a quality young 2nd choice GK.

Kramaric, has missed out big today, not even on the bench.

Dyer needs to get a few good games behind him, he did improve, but is poor running back.

His best, I suppose is when a team is driving forward and has 58% + possesion.He has 4 months

to prove hes worth holding onto.Dont dismiss him yet.

To all, dont underestimate what this group of players achieved today.Each week looks better in my eyes.

I will still only take each game as it comes, but so far top 4 is still in..

You start with a line like that and then expect people to continue reading a post the length of a short novel?

I would guess the Leicester players spent a good two minutes remonstrating with the ref after he awarded the pen. Personally, I'd rather the ref went straight upstairs to get a decision during that time instead. I don't think the introduction of referring key decisions in either cricket or Rugby has weakened those sports as a spectacle. We need to do something in football to help the refs as the pace of the game gets faster and faster. The technology is available so we should embrace it IMO.

Well said Muzz.

That said, if we had used it today, would the ref have decided otherwise. He would have seen handball, then it would

depend on his take on it at the time.

Well said Muzz.

That said, if we had used it today, would the ref have decided otherwise. He would have seen handball, then it would

depend on his take on it at the time.

For me, the whole point is that the ultimate decision is taken out of the refs hands and given to the fourth official/TMO (or whatever we call him) in these rare but crucial instances - the guy who has the benefit of seeing the replays from numerous angles. Today, it appeared that the ref didn't have a clear view, and made his mind up based on whatever influences. By referring it to another member of the 'officiating team', at least we've got a better chance of the 'correct' decision being made. I'd quite happily wait 90 seconds for justice to be delivered instead of spending that time watching players surrounding the ref and screaming in his face.

Leicester 1-2 Tottenham - Vardy not given a penalty when fouled in the box

Tottenham 1-2 Leicester - Kramaric not given a penalty when fouled by Vorm

Tottenham 4-3 Leicester - Rose given a soft penalty which the ref caved into the home crowd

Leicester 1-1 Tottenham - Mahrez cleaned out in the box, most stonewall penalty I've seen, not given

Tottenham 2-2 Leicester - That shambles earlier

Five times in a row we've been wrongly done by a penalty decision against these shites. FIVE.

If it was horse-racing there'd be a stewards inquiry. 

Archived