Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimbo

Now it's all over, tell what your superstitions were for this season

KFC at a service station on an away game.

Kiss my fox tattoo after wishing for something good.

My mum, until this season, has had zero interest in football but she started playing Super 6 and got quite good at it. When she says we'll win, we do. When she says we'll make it interesting for everyone, we draw and when I've been an eejit to her she says we'll lose... and we lost.

Thank you all for sharing. I feel so much less of a pleb now. Although some above are pathetic. I wish all my brain told me I had to do to make us win was go for a pint or leave home at a certain time. I haven't just been suffering this year but for over 20 apart from a little break after relegation. I will not be doing anymore ridiculous, pointless embarrassing superstitions. I don't need to, I have completed football. Champions league is just a bonus level. Thanks for the counselling.

As a family we have had a few things we do the same every game

- wore the same socks every game

-walked the same way around the stadium, this actually worked as one time we walked the other way to go to the shop and we lost (that was against Arsenal)

-we asked the taxi driver to take us the same route each game

As a family we have had a few things we do the same every game

- wore the same socks every game

-walked the same way around the stadium, this actually worked as one time we walked the other way to go to the shop and we lost (that was against Arsenal)

-we asked the taxi driver to take us the same route each game

I used to walk only one way around the stadium! Turns out I was wrong all along. Started walking the other way round in the championship winning year and we ended up walking the league and getting promoted!

Only time I didn't wear my black city top at home this season was against Arsenal , so not seen them lose in the black shirt . Saturday tho I will either wear my blue one or the new blue one . 

i wore my black shirt for that 1 game and ever since then ive been back on the blue from last season. 

Not sure it's a superstition but draped Dad's coffin in a Leicester City Guernsey at his funeral a couple of weeks before the first game back in the top flight against Everton and like to think it helped him a little for what he's missed out on.

This is the first time I've posted although I've been a frequent reader of this site since the dark Peter Taylor days and the sense of humour  here has never failed to make me smile.

Dad was born in Moira, a little village near Swadlincote and as a diehard Leicester fan for all of his 88 years it's sad he never got to witness this last couple of years but I'm sure he'd see the funny side. "That's typical fooking Leicester for you" he would have sad. That's the Midlands humour for you.

I'm sure most of you have a similar story.

Anyway l I just wanted to congratulate each and every one of you from here in the Adelaide Hills Australia and for those lucky enough to attend today, have a great day and soak it all in.

You deserve it. 

Not sure it's a superstition but draped Dad's coffin in a Leicester City Guernsey at his funeral a couple of weeks before the first game back in the top flight against Everton and like to think it helped him a little for what he's missed out on.

This is the first time I've posted although I've been a frequent reader of this site since the dark Peter Taylor days and the sense of humour here has never failed to make me smile.

Dad was born in Moira, a little village near Swadlincote and as a diehard Leicester fan for all of his 88 years it's sad he never got to witness this last couple of years but I'm sure he'd see the funny side. "That's typical fooking Leicester for you" he would have sad. That's the Midlands humour for you.

I'm sure most of you have a similar story.

Anyway l I just wanted to congratulate each and every one of you from here in the Adelaide Hills Australia and for those lucky enough to attend today, have a great day and soak it all in.

You deserve it.

Congratulations back at you too because you are one of our own. Glad your Dad got to see us get promoted as champions.Take time to enjoy some of the celebrations. Hope you will carry on posting more on here.

Me and the boy have to play the next game on FIFA, he is always Leicester and they always win and Vardy always has to score, always have to do the lucky likes and lucky gnomes on Facebook and because we live in Lancashire struggle to get to many games so when on TV wore same t-shirt, boxers, jeans and socks even the father in law who watches all the games with us ended up wearing his lucky t-shirt and he doesn't even support us!!!!!

forgot to add I haven't had my haircut since before the start of he season, it don't suit a 68 year old and annoys my wife to hell....but couldn't risk a run of bad results through getting a haircut. :ph34r:

Archived