Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimbo

Now it's all over, tell what your superstitions were for this season

Not having a season ticket! Seriously I'm a f'in Johna! Played football myself during the MON era so didn't have one. Gave up got me a ST and we went down. Skipped a year and we went down again, stuck with it for years but then changed and joined a shared ticket syndicate. The ticket name went into my mates name who died and the tickets went back on resale and I lost the ST for 13-14 Championship title.

Never won on all my away days! (not that many as it was always week days and I'd arrange a company expenses stay over :) )

But; If I buy an add hoc ticket, we always play fantastic (forest an exception 13-14 but that actually made us fight from that point) and I'm going back to the Pleat era. Obviously now add hoc tickets are impossible and my membership is useless.

Your thanks are welcome.

- wearing my lucky shorts without fail (navy thick cotton)

- not wearing a Leicester shirt (the only game I did was draw vs Villa)

- having pizza planned for dinner every matchday

- also terrified of losing my lucky penny. I don't know which one it is so I have about 80 pennies rattling around in my bedside drawer

- no single magpie has gone unsaluted

...and I don't consider myself superstitious lol

Making sure I always posted a quip on King Richard III, in one of the new weekly threads.

I hope he doesnt go hols, or for a summer hibernation until after the Chelsea game.

He'll stay around for the Victory parade, he'll take it as his new coronation.

Have a deep long look at your photos after the Victory parade, you'll see the

Spirit of King Dick, holding the trophy, knighting Claudio, hitting Stringer over the

head with his royal sceptre....

Oh and polishing his new crown, on top of the clock tower.

Kin el! I thought I was superstitious until reading some of this!

I'd watched every game this season alone, in my front room, on Sky or a stream. The wife and kids were banned and often had to leave the house. Until the Swansea home game, when I was convinced to go back up to Lutterworth and watch it with my old mates. I nearly put it off and started making excuses because I thought I HAD to stay at home otherwise we'd lose. So against my better judgement I went up, and we were still fvckin awesome.

Just goes to show that superstition is a load of old bollux  lol

So many

Drive in the exact same lanes to the game (55 miles)

Listen to certain songs at certain checkpoints

Filling petrol up? Count up until the car's full - that'll be our final points tally (been aiming for 81 ish)

Same attire

Kiss attire as putting it on...yep

Same turnstile

Tap 3 pillars outside the group (3 points today)

Gym in the week - reps of 10 if we're at home (win 1-0) or 12 if away (win 1-2)

Get to my seat 15 mins before KO

Park in the same place at the same time

Tweet same 3 words 1hour before KO every game

As you can imagine it's become all consuming and i'm stopping as of this week as i've become insufferable, even to myself.

Now that's commitment... I think???!!!

I have to admit to getting a bit wierd in the last couple of games, but, this takes the biscuit!

I bought the home shirt (and a few away shirts) every year since 1993.

I didn't get one for the Championship promotion year and things went so well I have deliberately not got one since.

Would love a new one, but no way...

Accidentally spunked on my '97 League Cup winners scarf the day of the West Ham game last year. Have been knocking one out on it the morning of the game ever since.

Can't wear it now mind.

Every match day, when I wake up, I'll lay out my clothes. Which must always contain my lucky blue Calvin Klein's, with me since the championship winning season (extremely worn out, Mrs hates them) and a pair of blue stripey socks.

Have a shower, must always use Original Source Mint and Tea Tree shower gel.

Before the game, I'll watch the post horn gallop on YouTube.

After a win, I always have a sit down wee as a treat, just one.

I also try not to shave or cut my hair if we're on a good run.

If we lose when I'm wearing a certain item of clothing, I won't wear it again.

I've got some real issues.

I had to hug the steward on the way in and share a pack of liquorice all sorts at half time. Worked a treat.

Oh and "Sit down at the front"..anyone on here who sits near me will understand especially when I forgot and had to be reminded at the West Ham home game and we so nearly lost

I noticed that I had listened to Kasabian on my way to the bar before the West Ham game in 2015, so I always listen to them before games. I was also not wearing a Leicester shirt for the Sunderland game this season, so I have not worn one for any game this season. I think that's about it. You're welcome, everyone. :)

I wore the old style shirt last season, whilst on the poor run, I stopped wearing it to matches, at the start of the great escape.

Not wore it all season, as I saw so many defeats in it, wearing to Saturday, so I will see if it's a jinx

Same attire for match days, lucky sambuca or 3 pre-match... Let my daughter choose a lucky turn style, have to tweet when I've had a lucky poo in the symphony rooms.And lucky blue Bon bons from my sister that I'm not allowed to buy.

Wore 2 shirts and the same Ellesse jumper all season. Two pairs of trainers too..

Wore one pair of blue next boxers, washed every game obviously, and some Lacoste socks and the same adidas campus st trainers to every game home and away.

I had two .Wear my green and yellow retro shirt every game and the second was no piss taking/bragging/excitAble facebook posts. Last year I wrote saying how the premier league is a piece of piss after the man utd game .We all no what happened after that. lol.

The painful one is that I never bet on the city to win, loose or draw. Any predictions I make will never include a win for the City, I just can't risk jinxing it. Haven't worn this years kit yet, and won't until the trophy is lifted :) It got to the stage where I daren't watch City play live on TV, I have to decide whether to drive into Leicester tomorrow or 16th, or watch it "Live on TV" with a drink at my side and drive into the city on the 16th for the "victory parade"

Before a ball was kicked this season I met Claudio at the Apple Store in Regent St. Some of you may remember my error in posting the photo on here. A field day was had, culminating in the fantastic ostrich and Claudio photo that is now my FoxesTalk avatar..... About 10 minutes before that meeting though I was stopped on Bond Street by a Hindu Priest who told me I had good karma and that he wanted to bless me and give good merit for the year ahead. This was on my birthday too. Minutes later I was passing on that good luck to Claudio and wishing him the best for the season ahead... My 'Pay it forward' moment. And now LOOK!

It is also the only year in my life so far that I grew my hair..... Not sure I can ever cut it again!

Archived