Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

Can see Coventry (haven't won promotion in who knows how many years) and Sheffield Utd giving it a good go, but surely Bolton will be up there.

Doncaster will probably be champions with Crewe and those that went close last season in League 2 just behind them.

Can see Coventry (haven't won promotion in who knows how many years) and Sheffield Utd giving it a good go, but surely Bolton will be up there.

Doncaster will probably be champions with Crewe and those that went close last season in League 2 just behind them.

The stat is they haven't finished in the top six of any division for 46 years I think  lol.

Really is a sorry existence. Mind you they have won the FA cup in that time so I suppose that's something. 

The stat is they haven't finished in the top six of any division for 46 years I think  lol.

Really is a sorry existence. Mind you they have won the FA cup in that time so I suppose that's something. 

i thought you must be joking so I checked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coventry_City_F.C._seasons

That is absolutely incredible. No top six since 1969-70.

Last thing they won was the Birmingham Senior Cup lol

League One yet again full of big sides.... Can't see past Sheffield United this season - think Wilder will finally get them out of the division - a lot of my mates have already liked what he's started doing there. Hope they come up, too.

Think Portsmouth and Plymouth will be up there again in League Two.

To think that 8 years ago we finished one place below them to tumble out of the second division. In two months, on the same midweek nights, we'll be hosting the likes of Borrusia Dortmund, Sevilla, Dynamo Kiev and PSV whilst 25 miles away AFC Wimbledon and Oxford will be playing.

• 4 weeks later...

Ten years ago Sheffield United were about to play in the Premier League. Imagine a decade on you'd be playing your sixth season in League One, losing 3-0 at home to Southend to sit with one point and one goal from three games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did Peterborough have to build a seated stand at one end?

Because no-one is in it. I always seem to remember that being quite full when we visited, tbh the whole ground seemed quite full when we visited, hardly anyone there today - Unless the came to watch us!

Used to love going Peterborough, an enjoyed day out on a terrace.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Did Peterborough have to build a seated stand at one end?

Because no-one is in it. I always seem to remember that being quite full when we visited, tbh the whole ground seemed quite full when we visited, hardly anyone there today - Unless the came to watch us!

Used to love going Peterborough, an enjoyed day out on a terrace.

They want to make it in all seater stadium which will comply with regulations.

I've been there twice and both times we lost. The defeat during League One was an awful performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived