Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

N'Golo Kante - Confirmed - £32m to Chelsea

13 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Duno why folk are still on about this, feck him. Only he can live with his decision and like most pundits have said, he has made a mistake.

I'd thought i'd gotten over kante's departure, but watching the Celtic game I realised I haven't. There were times when Mendy had the ball and space to run into. He just stood there and waited for someone to come closer to him so he could pass the ball, Kante would have ran with the ball into the space  attracting defenders and starting an attacking move. I know its preseason, but I just can't help comparing our current midfielders to him.

22 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I'd thought i'd gotten over kante's departure, but watching the Celtic game I realised I haven't. There were times when Mendy had the ball and space to run into. He just stood there and waited for someone to come closer to him so he could pass the ball, Kante would have ran with the ball into the space  attracting defenders and starting an attacking move. I know its preseason, but I just can't help comparing our current midfielders to him.

But on the fip side he seemed to have a better passing range / football brain to find players

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

I have to agree. There wasn't that box to box style from our midfield attacking the opposition defence from our own half. The ability to run with ball is an art in itself. Kante had the staminia to do it.

We all panicked when Cambiasso left, and pined for a direct replacement.

We thought we had one in Inler but it turns out the answer to Cambiasso's departure was something entirely different in Kante. 

I have a feeling this season will be similar. We can't replace Kante, so there's little point trying. Instead we evolve and change to play the kind of football that suits our squad this season. I've got full faith in CR and co that they'll have this nailed. 

FWIW - Kante moved for money, nothing else. Whether that was his lust for money, or his agent convinced him to go for a pay day of his own, who knows. Must go down as one of the most ridiculous transfers in history, but it's done and we move on. (I still won't applaud him when he comes back to the KP though)

40 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

We all panicked when Cambiasso left, and pined for a direct replacement.

We thought we had one in Inler but it turns out the answer to Cambiasso's departure was something entirely different in Kante.

With all due respect to Cambiasso, but he was past his peak. A fine player who had a good season, a taste of succesful glamour that we hadn't had in a long time prior to that season. Kanté propelled us to the single greatest achievement of this club. He was/is genuinely world class, something very few Leicester fans have EVER experienced. We are extremely unlikely to get a replacement of similar quality in.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

The worrying thing is that drinkwaters game excelled in Kantes company, no doubt drinkwater will have to cover more ground now.

Will he loose some of his attacking edge because of this.

I think we saw a little example of that against Celtic. Normally Kante would be making tackles all over the place, but because he wasn't there, Drinkwater was throwing himself everywhere. In a competitive match he would've got a couple of yellows for his tackling.

I know Kante went for money, but that probably makes the hurt more. If he'd gone to Madrid or Juve I could understand. On a positive i liked the look of Amartey, who i think could do the box to box work of Kante, if given the chance to start in central midfield.

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

I think we saw a little example of that against Celtic. Normally Kante would be making tackles all over the place, but because he wasn't there, Drinkwater was throwing himself everywhere. In a competitive match he would've got a couple of yellows for his tackling.

I know Kante went for money, but that probably makes the hurt more. If he'd gone to Madrid or Juve I could understand. On a positive i liked the look of Amartey, who i think could do the box to box work of Kante, if given the chance to start in central midfield.

What will make it even worse will be if he excels at Chelsea and we have to see it rubbed  in our faces

Archived