Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

N'Golo Kante - Confirmed - £32m to Chelsea

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

All that's true, but I guess like you say it about the feeling that this is one off, so people will jump ship. If we'd finished 6th or something and only had a Europa league spot I could totally understand the move, but we've won the league and have a Champions league spot and he's still gone. If he'd left last seasons West Ham for Chelsea it'd almost makes sense, but to leave the champions doesn't. Moves like this only serve to restore the status quo rather than challenge it.

I guess it's about strength of character, and Kante doesn't have it. He wants to follow others rather than create a history himself. He wants to be the new Makelele at Chelsea and not be THE Ngolo Kante at Leicester. I'd respect a player more who creates his own path not walks somebody else's.

Pretty sure he doesn't give a shit about being the Makelele of Chelsea or the Kante at Leicester or anything else for that matter. Pretty sure he cares about the extra few grand in his pay packed and the fact that he is now at a team more likely to consistently challenge for trophies, in his (probably correct) opinion. 

The only thing you can question is the short term timing of the whole thing with us currently being in a better position than them in terms of European competition. The club have accepted the offer, they've done well to avoid selling him for the buy out clause ammount to be fair to them, it's his decision, and lets face it, he never wanted to be here in the first place so why anybody he would think he would stay with bigger clubs chasing him I don't know, yes we've just won the PL, but doe anyone, bar us, think we stand any chance of doing it again? No way. Ngolo Kante from Leicester to absolutely any big European club that would take him is the most predictable transfer this summer. I can't believe some are so surprised!

18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Pretty sure he doesn't give a shit about being the Makelele of Chelsea or the Kante at Leicester or anything else for that matter. Pretty sure he cares about the extra few grand in his pay packed and the fact that he is now at a team more likely to consistently challenge for trophies, in his (probably correct) opinion. 

The only thing you can question is the short term timing of the whole thing with us currently being in a better position than them in terms of European competition. The club have accepted the offer, they've done well to avoid selling him for the buy out clause ammount to be fair to them, it's his decision, and lets face it, he never wanted to be here in the first place so why anybody he would think he would stay with bigger clubs chasing him I don't know, yes we've just won the PL, but doe anyone, bar us, think we stand any chance of doing it again? No way. Ngolo Kante from Leicester to absolutely any big European club that would take him is the most predictable transfer this summer. I can't believe some are so surprised!

You're telling others to get over it and move on yet you're still here posting about it. 

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

You're telling others to get over it and move on yet you're still here posting about it. 

That's because people are quoting my posts and actively conversing with me it's called a discussion.

Why don't you try it instead of lurking around contributing nothing for over 10 years. 

At least a word of thanks would've been nice. Ungrateful cant.

I hoped he would miss most of next season through injury, now I hope he gets struck by lightening and leaves behind only a pair of fúcking smoking Adidas boots.

I think that if at the end of August last year you would have said that the next summer we would be selling Kante to Chelsea for £32m most of us would have been happy with the profit and assumed he had a great season and one of the "big boys" have come calling.

What I'm struggling with is that we won the league and he has decided to move on to another club in the same league for what appear to be non-footballing reasons.

Maybe I'm living in a dream world but I cannot see why anyone would want to leave this team after the year we've had with Champions League to come.

4 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I think that if at the end of August last year you would have said that the next summer we would be selling Kante to Chelsea for £32m most of us would have been happy with the profit and assumed he had a great season and one of the "big boys" have come calling.

What I'm struggling with is that we won the league and he has decided to move on to another club in the same league for what appear to be non-footballing reasons.

Maybe I'm living in a dream world but I cannot see why anyone would want to leave this team after the year we've had with Champions League to come.

I think it's unfair to say he'e moved for 'non-footballing reasons'. Sure he'll be living in one of the most affluent parts of the country and there are things that certain clubs can offer off the pitch, but he might see it as a step-up in footballing terms too. 

I think people overstate the importance of one season. A club's stature is the result of years, even decades of consistent performances.

7 hours ago, Cujek said:

We shouldn't be held to ransom by money grabbing whores, let him rot on the Chelsea bench as he will do 

Kanté is worth that by today's standards. He was THE standout midfielder in the richest league in the world. I sincerely hope we offered him as much as we could, because he would have had another storming season with us. I understand that we're paradoxically restricted from spending as much as Chelsea even as champions and would rather FFP were abolished if punishing success against all odds is what it achieves.

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

he went for the money, simple as

Like he did when he moved here from Caen. Like Mahrez did when he moved from Le Havre. Like Vardy did when he joined from Fleetwood and like Vardy did when he held out for a SECOND payrise within a few months when rejecting Arsenal.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

I will laugh my tits off if Chelsea don't get CL this year. If they lose 5 or 6 of their games before Christmas it will be difficult for them imo.

I think we all hope they fail miserably this season

conte is a damn good manager though so I doubt they will

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Like he did when he moved here from Caen. Like Mahrez did when he moved from Le Havre. Like Vardy did when he joined from Fleetwood and like Vardy did when he held out for a SECOND payrise within a few months when rejecting Arsenal.

That is so cynical - Le Havre/Caen/Fleetwood hadn't just won the top division and were in the Champions League like we are. Three completely different scenarios.

1 minute ago, Fox96 said:

That is so cynical - Le Havre/Caen/Fleetwood hadn't just won the top division and were in the Champions League like we are. Three completely different scenarios.

Maybe winning the league doesn't change things that much. If it's so incongruous for a player to leave the Champions of England for a mid-table team, then why aren't the Champions of England poaching the best players from this mid-table side?

10 minutes ago, shen said:

Why do you always get smart arses like this?

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante came to us to progress their careers.

Kante has gone to Chelsea to get the money, it's that simple. He could have got to the likes of PSG, Juve etc for plenty enough money and have furthered his career by reaching the latter stages of the Champions League continually.

1 minute ago, possiblygeorge said:

What ever happened to the rumours of us signing Hazard's brother? If we don't, f**k it, let's just saw Eden. 

Saw Eden? That's a bit harsh, hacking him to pieces because his club signed Kante. lol

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why do you always get smart arses like this?

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante came to us to progress their careers.

Kante has gone to Chelsea to get the money, it's that simple. He could have got to the likes of PSG, Juve etc for plenty enough money and have furthered his career by reaching the latter stages of the Champions League continually.

According to reports though, he's not exactly earning much more by going to Chelsea. Sure there's the signing bonus but PSG and Juve would've been comparable wouldn't they?

I think some people just want to say it's money to make Kante look bad which is a bit unfair. You talk about the Champions League but out of Juventus, PSG and Chelsea, who has won it most recently?

Chelsea have been competing for titles since Kante was a young boy. He's seen players he's probably looked up to go there and win trophies consistently. 

Is there even the possibility that he thinks going to a club like Chelsea is progressing his career?

21 hours ago, bobrivers said:

Chelsea fan here.

Now I understand the bitterness and disappointment following Kante's departure but I think some LCFC fans let last season's success get into their heads a bit. Yes, you're in the CL this season and Chelsea aren't. Also, it's true that Chelsea are coming off their worst season in years and you've just won the title. But that's not how footballers look at the picture when they choose which club to join. I'm sure money played a big part in Kante's decision and so did living in London. But there's more to it. You make a huge deal out of CFC not being in the CL this year, but we've played it for thirteen straight seasons until now and are a well known club across the globe. 

Kante is French, spent only a year at Leicester and by all accounts was a great professional on and off the pitch. He played a big part in your title win. Now when people question his loyalty, I start to chuckle a bit. Let me ask you. If he hasn't played nearly as well as he did, would you feel the club should stay "loyal" to him and not sell him and replace him with someone they thought would be an improvement? Because that loyalty thing goes both ways or at least it should, right?

At the end of the day, it's business and players will do what they feel is best for their respective careers. For them first and foremost it's a job and an opportunity to insure they'll earn as much money and win as many trophies as possible in a short period of time while they are able play at the professional level. They prioritise what's important for them, and so would you, if you were in their place. I didn't like it back when Robben left us for Real and I'm sure I won't be happy to see Hazard possibly following him in his footsteps some time in the future. But I simply accept it because that's the way things are. There'll be other players. Don't get invested in them emotionally because you're bound to get disappointed.

Robben or Hazzard going to Madrid is the natural order of things, the best players go to the biggest clubs Madrid, Barca, Munich, to be able to compete at the highest level. If Kante had gone to Real or PSG, teams he had been linked with nobody on here would question it. They would be upset, but would understand. He didn't he went to a team that finished 9 places below us. That is the equivalent of you selling Willian to Norwich.

Obviously that would never happen, but how would  you feel if we bought Willian from you? If Willian had decided that we had more ambition than Chelsea and with the Champions League we were a better option for him? Oh and we had tripled his wages, which aspect of the transfer would you focus on?

You would be pissed off at him, because you see us as an inferior club. That is not to say that we are a bigger club than Chelsea, we aren't, despite winning the league and Chelsea embarrassing themselves. Looking at the bigger picture, Chelsea are the bigger club. If this was 12 months down the line or even January and we were out of Europe and were mid table in the Prem with Chelsea top and Kante went, then fair enough. We don't expect every player to stay with us forever, most of us are not deluded about where we sit in the grand scheme of things. Right now Leicester are the Premier League Champions, we have a pot 1 place in the CL and a chance to build on a remarkable season, no other club in the league can offer that. The fact that Kante would jump at the first offer and go to a 10th place no Champions League Chelsea, who could just as easily have another shocking season as challenge for the title, to work for a manager unproven in the Premier League has pissed off a lot of people.

I'm still not sure where I sit, I can see why everyone is pissed off, but I can't forget the title and the joy he brought last season, I just wish that if he was determined to leave he did so in the right way. With good reason (Conte giving some speech about ambition is not a good reason) and went to a club that could offer something more than we can other than money.

Archived