Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Forum upgrade

very pleased with the new "are you sure you want to mark this forum as read?" pop up cos man used to mark forums as read by accident instead of clicking into the forum alllll the time 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

very pleased with the new "are you sure you want to mark this forum as read?" pop up cos man used to mark forums as read by accident instead of clicking into the forum alllll the time 

I just tried that with the music forum (no loss) and didn't get a notification

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

Anyone else not able to log in via the Tapatalk app?

It's only just been released for this update, I'll look into installing it again

28 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

maybe it only happens on mobile? 

Correct

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I don't like it tbh, the usernames stand out too much and the texts of the replies seem smaller. 

The username is the same colour as before I think, the texts of the replies maybe because the posted time has been moved up a bit. I can see if I can move it to as it was before but I'm guessing it was probably done to reduce the amount of scrolling needed on phones.

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

The username is the same colour as before I think, the texts of the replies maybe because the posted time has been moved up a bit. I can see if I can move it to as it was before but I'm guessing it was probably done to reduce the amount of scrolling needed on phones.

I much prefer the text size - I would (to chuck my sixpence in) like a darker more visible border between topics though in the menu to break up the amount of white space!

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I much prefer the text size - I would (to chuck my sixpence in) like a darker more visible border between topics though in the menu to break up the amount of white space!

Topics in the menu?

Are we talking about on desktop or mobile, as I can change area depending on what device the issue is on.

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Topics in the menu?

Are we talking about on desktop or mobile, as I can change area depending on what device the issue is on.

Apologies - menu is good, I'm referring to the border boxes in the view new post list of each individual topic/thread.....

Edit: Id also consider a darker border outline on post borders in thread too (like this one to separate out the white/beige mass)

Edited by Nick

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Apologies - menu is good, I'm referring to the border boxes in the view new post list of each individual topic/thread.....

Do you mean the border around every post? Otherwise I'm lost, please link me to it the part you're talking about. :whistle:

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Do you mean the border around every post? Otherwise I'm lost, please link me to it the part you're talking about. :whistle:

Okay so on a desktop version... 

Go to 'View New Posts'

Look at the list of threads to choose from - each thread has a feint border and there's lots of white therefore on the screen - I would sharpened darken these border square boxes.

These borders are the same in every thread which outline individual posts - (look at the outlines of mine that you are reading now...) which makes it blurry for some because of the amount of white background - these might look a bit better shaded too?! 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ok, I see what you mean now.

Alot of forums have an all white area for the actual post. Link - better or worse?

Worse.

I'd personally prefer a more bold outline to distinguish between posts easier.

Or even I notice the blue line above the final post on the page when replying helps - as I write this reply, your post has one now... it may be a mod thing? as I notice mine doesn't have it!

Edited by Nick

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Worse.

I'd personally prefer a more bold outline to distinguish between posts easier.

Or even I notice the blue line above the final post on the page when replying helps - as I write this reply, your post has one now... it may be a mod thing? as I notice mine doesn't have it!

Whats it like now?

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

I've changed the background to a light blue instead of light beige lol

Ah okay - this may be the way forward... maybe a shade or two darker? Not sure - just trying to break up the mass of white to help things stand out a bit more.

I was going to say what adverts? There's one at the bottom of the page and I rarely notice that unless I scroll too hard and reach the bottom.