Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

FA Cup 2016/17

The Football Association is expected to investigate Millwall after its supporters targeted Tottenham hat trick hero Heung-min Son with racist chants.

A section of the away support directed known racist chants at Son when they began shouting "DVD" and "he's selling three for a fiver" during Sunday's FA Cup encounter, according to Matt Law of the Telegraph.

Cvnt fans

Cvnt club

These guys should  be traded to the SPL for celtic. That way we can see millwall fall down to the scottish league 2 and remain filthy b@stards

27 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

The Football Association is expected to investigate Millwall after its supporters targeted Tottenham hat trick hero Heung-min Son with racist chants.

A section of the away support directed known racist chants at Son when they began shouting "DVD" and "he's selling three for a fiver" during Sunday's FA Cup encounter, according to Matt Law of the Telegraph.

Cvnt fans

Cvnt club

These guys should  be traded to the SPL for celtic. That way we can see millwall fall down to the scottish league 2 and remain filthy b@stards

Yeah, good trade. Because obviously no one in England would go way overboard at anything Celtic fans might sing.

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, good trade. Because obviously no one in England would go way overboard at anything Celtic fans might sing.

Well was just thinking they want to come to epl one day gotta start  somewhere lol.

Finnnnnneeeee trade em for toronto fc then!

18 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Cvnt fans

Cvnt club

Spurs fans literally sing "he'll eat your dog". United fans used to sing the same about Park.

Both are just as "racist".

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Spurs fans literally sing "he'll eat your dog". United fans used to sing the same about Park.

Both are just as "racist".

Oh not this again.

Technically, and I repeat this is a very minor technicality and I really don't care and I wouldn't REALLY stress the point if it wasn't for the fact it's the internet and I'm in a niggly mood...

Koreans traditionally do and have eaten dogs. The song does imply it's a negative thing but it's not really all that immensely racist to point it out. It's about as "racist" as frog jokes, sheep jokes and any other national stereotype. It's not racist because it's not showing prejudice against a race, it's taking the piss out of a nation's customs in a largely trivial way.

The DVD selling gibe is a Chinese stereotype grounded in some truth that's particularly common in London. I used to sit in the pub in Wood Green and a middle aged Chinese couple would literally come in every Friday night selling knock off dvds.

Whilst the Millwall chant is hardly the most offensive thing I've ever heard, it becomes racist for the same reason singing the dog chant at Yuki Abe was racist. Not because people singing it are being aggressively prejudiced towards either a Korean or Japanese footballer but because in their ignorance they can't, won't or don't distinguish that these are completely different peoples that just happen to look faintly similar.

Make sense?

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Oh not this again.

Technically, and I repeat this is a very minor technicality and I really don't care and I wouldn't REALLY stress the point if it wasn't for the fact it's the internet and I'm in a niggly mood...

Koreans traditionally do and have eaten dogs. The song does imply it's a negative thing but it's not really all that immensely racist to point it out. It's about as "racist" as frog jokes, sheep jokes and any other national stereotype. It's not racist because it's not showing prejudice against a race, it's taking the piss out of a nation's customs in a largely trivial way.

The DVD selling gibe is Chinese stereotype grounded in some truth that's particularly common in London. I used to sit in the pub in Wood Green and a middle aged Chinese couple would literally come in every Friday night selling knock off dvds.

Whilst the Millwall chant is hardly the most offensive thing I've ever heard, it becomes racist for the same reason singing the dog chant at Yuki Abe was racist. Not because people singing it are being aggressively prejudiced towards either a Korean or Japanese footballer but because they in their ignorance they can't, won't or don't distinguish that these are completely different people's that just happen to look faintly similar.

Make sense?

Yeah.

Great save De Gae

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Really dislike Herrera, dirty **** and always complaining. 

Couple of quality saves from De Gea, that turn from hazard was superb. 

La Liga might have all the best forwards in the world and Serie A (well, Juve) probably the best CBs but you've probably got the two best goalkeepers in the world on this pitch tbh.

Neuer might be a great back up sweeper but for straight up shot stopping and management of their box, these two are class.

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Really dislike Herrera, dirty **** and always complaining. 

Couple of quality saves from De Gea, that turn from hazard was superb. 

Just proves your point. What the **** is he complaining about? Just hacks him down, nowhere near the ball. Hazard is fast but Herrera wasn't even faintly close.

Obviously Mourinho is going to cry and say the ref ruined it but that's just plain stupid from his player.

Can't believe he hasn't booked Valencia either.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

You could probably give him a final warning but it's absolute stupidity from Herrera, ref is clearly getting fed up with united fouls and then he goes and gives away another needless foul. 

You can't give a final warning to every player in turn and let them keep booting the same player. Herrera has watched his mate get told no more, he's already on a booking, he hacks down Hazard, getting nowhere near the ball.

Ref gets it 100% right.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

You can't give a final warning to every player in turn and let them keep booting the same player. Herrera has watched his mate get told no more, he's already on a booking, he hacks down Hazard, getting nowhere near the ball.

Ref gets it 100% right.

Yeah definitely, 5 minutes later he probably gets away with it. 

I see some corners of social media has already decried this game as an absolute fix in favour of Chelsea. This following yesterday's Old Firm being a "fix" Real Madrid's comebacks being a "fix" and Barcelona's turnaround against PSG being a "fix."

You know in the old days of a fanzine, newspapers and down the pub, did people run so vehemently to the argument that every controversial decision is instantly a fix and campaign against one club?

I'd say that in isolation that's a harsh yellow but United have just run around kicking Hazard for 45 minutes. Rotational fouling (particularly on one player) is a blight on the modern game and I'm glad to see action being taken against it.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I'd say that in isolation that's a harsh yellow but United have just run around kicking Hazard for 45 minutes. Rotational fouling (particularly on one player) is a blight on the modern game and I'm glad to see action being taken against it.

I think it's a stonewall yellow even completely in isolation.

Hazard is gone, Herrera is getting no way near the ball, he just trips him. It's not dangerous, it's not violent, it's obviously not a red card but definitely a yellow.

To flip it on its head, if Herrera wasn't already on a yellow nobody at all would question that being a card.

Archived