Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

FA Cup 2016/17

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It's actually all a bit distasteful actually (excuse the pun). Sutton and Arsenal have conducted themsleves with great dignity and humility over this cup tie and then we have this idiot in some sort of dodgy arrangement with his mates, The Sun, and possibly BBC (who happened to film it) and some grubby bet which doesn't show him in a great light or the club. 

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It's actually all a bit distasteful actually (excuse the pun). Sutton and Arsenal have conducted themsleves with great dignity and humility over this cup tie and then we have this idiot in some sort of dodgy arrangement with his mates, The Sun, and possibly BBC (who happened to it) and some grubby bet which doesn't show him in a great light or the club. 

It is disappointing to see and at the time it was funny but now It seems to have left a bad taste in my mouth... 

Waaaay big of a deal has been made of this than needs to be. The pay out was absolute pennies for a betting firm 5 figure I've read. They're most likely in on it anyway and mainly used it as an excuse to get their name out in the media. Their own media ha.

Hopefully he's back with the club in the summer after the usual hysteria and over reaction dies down. 

I was more disappointed that the chairman left him out to dry rather than stand by him. More interested in the clubs image than one of his own employees. Which I could understand if he committed some kind of terrible crime, but this is blatently nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Interesting point I just read really. How the Sun have managed to have a market running based on an individuals actions I will never know. But surely you could argue, if he was not allowed to eat the pie, then the bookies were always going to win and the punters lose. Surely that is an illegal market in the first place?

Maybe I've just lost my sense of humour where football is concerned because of this season, but despite the fact it's really not that big a deal I don't feel that sorry for him. It's not like it was a charity game. I'm guessing it wasn't a charity bet either else this surely wouldn't have happened. He's made his employers look pretty muggy and presumably made arrangements without permission. He can't really be that surprised his employers didn't look too kindly on it.

That said, given the amount of work he has done and still does for the club they arguably look even muggier now.

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

Shame about Wayne Shaw, he should have known better. At the end of the day it comes down to a question of crust.

He has been set up...pretty sure he left the ground shouting (Lee Harvey Oswald style)."im just a pasty"

6 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

This #PieGate stuff is sad. A blackspot on what should have been a wonderful experience for Sutton. I hope he wasn't coerced or in on it.

I'm sure he must have been in on it. Apparently he was telling people in the bar about it at half time. 

The guy has been very unprofessional and has probably broken betting rules.

The whole betting industry seems to have gone crazy. Gone are the days when you just used to lay your bet on a result and forget about it. Now you can bet on anything and then people wonder why there is corruption as a result of it.

Archived