Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

26 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I'm surprised he's signed such a long contract. Is he really going to make it here? Maybe he'll be backup to Chillwell next season or the following when Fuchs moves to USA?

If he's playing Championship football at 21 I don't see why he can't push on in a couple years.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 09:25, LCFC FOX said:

I'm surprised he's signed such a long contract. Is he really going to make it here? Maybe he'll be backup to Chillwell next season or the following when Fuchs moves to USA?

I think a) he's surprised quite a few last season with how well he did at Peterborough and b) now that we are an established PL team it wouldn't surprise me if by securing youngsters on longer deals it increases the value of them should we sell them to smaller clubs. You only have to look at what Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc get for their youngsters who barely feature. 18 months ago the same players for us would have been released if they weren't going to come through or at best get a nominal fee. Hopefully he'll keep progressing and give us another option. Looked decent vs Oxford when he came on.

1 hour ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

Just popping down the road to see Development squad play Chesterfield - there are 200 of us apparently ! 

report expected.

Whilst on the face of it the Development Squad cupboard is pretty bare , it is unfair to judge on the basis of games like tonight.

This was a scratch team of first team cast offs ,fringe players ,youth team hopefuls and a trialist - and when Chesterfield put their A team on after half time ,it looked exactly that ,disjointed , imbalanced and uncoordinated.

Martis looked a real live wire in the first half but hardly got a touch in the second and was subbed off .

Nobody else was especially good or bad ,but the lack of any ball winners or defensive organisation cost us in the end .

Overall , probably another inconsequential pre season game that served more as a fitness exercise than an indicator of our Development Squad players' long term prospects 

Archived