Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

I watched the game against Manchester United the other day and was both positively surprised and disappointed by Inler's performance. It's somewhat sad to see that he has to ply his trade with the U-23s, but at least he's willing to play and just doesn't simply sit it out and/or making a nuisance of himself.

He looked far more adventurous and finally dared to shoot from distance again, yet that's against a Manchester United U-23 side that hardly threatened.

And I was a bit shocked seeing him shying away from tackles, getting overrun and generally being a step away from his opponent on the pitch. It felt as if he was acting with the handbrake still on.

As much as he was at fault for the goal - he's 32 and never was the quickest. However, you don't put a CDM there as one out of two defenders against a counter. Faster players were needed (where were the left-back and right-back?).

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Considering taking my wife to the Sheffield Match next Tuesday, anyone go regularly to watch the development team? Not sure whether to or not.

United only have one stand open. Their fans are attempting to boycott this tournament and their manager has said he will play his 'weakest' team for it and take any fine as the hit.

Would appear we are playing something that actually resembles an U23 side today! 

City: Bramley, Pascanu, Trialist, Miles, Moore (c), Johnson, Lawrence, James, Mitchell, Barnes, Muskwe

34 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Inler not playing so leaving soon?

That's what caught my eye, too!

29 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Could he be a surprise inclusion in the squad vs Swansea? Especially after mendys injury 

Stranger things have happened - maybe a chance to present himself in the shopping window?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Where's Raul fcukin uche? Where's Martis who has supposedly signed or Domej? Our youth teams are horse manure at the minute it's embarrassing.

Dont think its the players we have, the tactics sound terrible. I watched parts of the sunderland game on foxes player and you can see Sunderland pass it about in nice triangles while we just smash it up to the halfway line and try to feed off scraps.

The players also seem to be low on moral, in the 14/15 season players celebrated and enjoyed scoring goals, looking at goals scored recently the players don't look happy to have scored, not like how Hopper, McCourt, Barmby used to be while they were at the club.

Also while I was typing that out 3-0 Everton

Archived