Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

Just now, lcfcben76 said:

The most embarrassing thing about it is that we have first teamers in the squad, imagine if we didn't? 

Either way if Sheffield United put out a reasonably strong team in that tinpot cup then our under 23s team are going to get mauled

If that U23 cup game is on a different day to the first team game I would let Ranieri manage them, see if he can get a result.

11 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

When's our next home development squad match? Looking to get some tickets and have a nose around.

According to the official schedule (http://www.lcfc.com/fixtures-results/development_squad.aspx), the next U-23 home match is against Southampton on the 19th of September (7pm kick-off).

From what I've seen in the LCFC - AFC Sunderland U23 highlights, I was pleasantly surprised by Matty James, who was virtually omnipresent and who seems to be on the verge of the first team again. Plus Muskwe, Kapustka as well as our No. 3, who were all three very lively.

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

From what I've seen in the LCFC - AFC Sunderland U23 highlights, I was pleasantly surprised by Matty James, who was virtually omnipresent and who seems to be on the verge of the first team again. Plus Muskwe, Kapustka as well as our No. 3, who were all three very lively.

Matty James showed some great touches but is miles off being ready to start in the PL fitness wise

Very dissapointed by Kapustka who didn't look any better ( probably worse ) than their no 11

Chilwell was decent

Mat miles is a pub player at best

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Agreed. James and Kaputska the best players on the pitch for us I thought. Chilwell always looks good tbf.

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Tom Lawrence  joins Ipswich on a season long loan.

Good luck to him Ipswich seem like a good club, he is still only 22 and can force his way into Ranieri's plans, but probably not this season, no point him rotting away in the reserves.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Good luck to him Ipswich seem like a good club, he is still only 22 and can force his way into Ranieri's plans, but probably not this season, no point him rotting away in the reserves.

I don't think he ever will tbh. I agree there's no point in sitting in the reserves but maybe it's best we sell him as opposed to loan him out each time?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't think he ever will tbh. I agree there's no point in sitting in the reserves but maybe it's best we sell him as opposed to loan him out each time?

Perhaps he wouldn't get the same wages if he left or perhaps he's letting his contract run out so he can leave on a free.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2016 at 14:08, TheMightySystem said:

Dont think its the players we have, the tactics sound terrible. I watched parts of the sunderland game on foxes player and you can see Sunderland pass it about in nice triangles while we just smash it up to the halfway line and try to feed off scraps.

The players also seem to be low on moral, in the 14/15 season players celebrated and enjoyed scoring goals, looking at goals scored recently the players don't look happy to have scored, not like how Hopper, McCourt, Barmby used to be while they were at the club.

Also while I was typing that out 3-0 Everton

I've watched our youth side a few times, not loads but a bit, and they don't play good football in the slightest, backs up what you say. It's just hoofball.

Archived