Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

1-0 United - soft shot from de laet following a deep freekick into the box goes straight into the keeper's arms. He plays it long and Inler didn't have the pace to cover. Good lobbed finish from the lad (from 30 yards) but a basic goal to concede considering that our team is hugely more experienced than theirs. 

1 hour ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Wtf has happened to our Dev squad? We're absolute dog shit even with 5 1st teamers.

Tbf we were all over them just couldn't finish really. Only watched 2nd half

Inler was shooting from everwhere, was poor for Utds goal

Lawrence was probably our best player.

De Laet was decent going forward- made me think- if we play teams like Hull where we attack a lot maybe De Laet is still a good option rather than the less attacking Simpson 

5 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

De Laet was decent going forward- made me think- if we play teams like Hull where we attack a lot maybe De Laet is still a good option rather than the less attacking Simpson 

De Laet is a serious liability though and I would be disappointed if he came on as an "impact sub" tbh

First half: http://sportyhighlights.com/manchester-utd-u21-vs-leicester-u21-highlights-full-match/

Iversen - nothing to do, distribution good

De Laet - best player on the pitch, couple of wayward shots

Wood - defended well pushed forward well

Inler - gave the ball away too often, slow and lightweight.

Moore E - good in defence but thought he could pass the ball much better than he could

Moore L - had very little to do

Kapustka - moved forward with the ball well, shots were very weak

James - looked good, some lovely through balls, but shots were wayward

Mitchell (?) no.9 - not got the speed required today

Muskwe - did okay but shooting disappointing

Lawrence - some nice play poor shots.

Leicester dominated first half but their shooting was terrible.

49 minutes ago, FIF said:

First half: http://sportyhighlights.com/manchester-utd-u21-vs-leicester-u21-highlights-full-match/

Iversen - nothing to do, distribution good

De Laet - best player on the pitch, couple of wayward shots

Wood - defended well pushed forward well

Inler - gave the ball away too often, slow and lightweight.

Moore E - good in defence but thought he could pass the ball much better than he could

Moore L - had very little to do

Kapustka - moved forward with the ball well, shots were very weak

James - looked good, some lovely through balls, but shots were wayward

Mitchell (?) no.9 - not got the speed required today

Muskwe - did okay but shooting disappointing

Lawrence - some nice play poor shots.

Leicester dominated first half but their shooting was terrible.

Cheers for the round up, is Wood a new signing or has he come through the system, don't think I have heard of his name in the U18 squad before.

2nd half

Iversen -little to do, distribution good

De Laet - defended well, pushed up well, good game overall

Wood - quieter in the second half but a good game

Inler - took long range shots that missed by a mile, was skinned for the goal , our worst player on the pitch

Moore E - Quiet second half but did nothing wrong, tired

Moore L - Put himself around in the second half, especially in their box, didn't score but looked dangerous.

Kapustka - didn't see much of him in the second half, looked good on the ball control, but not as dangerous as Lawrence today.

James - picked out some lovely passes, defended okay, could be on the way back to the first team squad.

Mitchell   - couple of decent shots and turns his man well

Muskwe - best attacker of the day subbed after 15 mins.

Udokwe - couple of nice balls

Lawrence - looked good early on but disappeared in the last 20 mins.

Really dominated the game perhaps 24 shots to 4.

Accuracy wasn't good but still Man u would have been happy with a point and us disappointed.

Their GK motm played a great quick ball out from one of our attacks - all our defenders were in the box, Manu lad got the ball turned Inler inside out and then chipped Iverson from distance. Great goal. 1-0 loss.

16 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Tbf we were all over them just couldn't finish really. Only watched 2nd half

Inler was shooting from everwhere, was poor for Utds goal

Lawrence was probably our best player.

I agree with most of this. We were all over Manure and our shooting let us down. I thought Lawrence was decent but disapppeared towards the end. I thought Muskwe looked the better of the attackers. James and Delaet the best players out there for us. the 2 moores looked competent in this game but really had very little to do. We were sucker punched and it wasn't surprising that it was Inler who was beaten all ends up. If that had been Liam the guy would have been floored.

16 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

Anyone got any info on how Kapustka did? Watched the final 20 minutes on a poor stream so dont know if he had many touches or not.

His ball control looked good. his crosses were decent, his shots were weak and he didn't seem fast enough to defend/cover although he was okay. 

16 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

De Laet is a serious liability though and I would be disappointed if he came on as an "impact sub" tbh

Not in this game he wasn't.

Even though Lawrence and Kapustska were decent I must say that they didn't look anywhere near as good as Jeff. They would not be above him in the pecking order.

Jeff would have destroyed some of these Man u players (liam was doing that at times).

Archived