Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MacTheJack

Swansea Fan - Parking Advice

Hi all, Swansea fan in peace.

Going to the game on Saturday (hoping to God for a better display than the last few times we've played you lot). I'm driving up for the first time (normally get the train) and was looking for a bit of advice on parking. Having a little look online I was planning on parking in the Deacon car park on Havelock Street. Will this work or will it be too rammed on match day? (Arriving about 2pm).

Any advice much appreciated.

Going to the game on Saturday (hoping to God for a better display than the last few times we've played you lot). I'm driving up for the first time (normally get the train) and was looking for a bit of advice on parking. Having a little look online I was planning on parking in the Deacon car park on Havelock Street. Will this work or will it be too rammed on match day? (Arriving about 2pm).

I normally park at the Tigers £10 match day parking and 5 minutes from King power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, MacTheJack said:

I'd Park in the Tigers. Get there early... couple of pubs in the area as well as places to eat and a short walk to the ground

i normally drive down and park anywhere off welford road. 15 min walk to the ground from there, free road parking and not much traffic to get stuck in on the way home. there's probably a lot of better places but if you put new road inn or the donkey pub into your satnav and then park on any side road round there you'll be fine. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i normally drive down and park anywhere off welford road. 15 min walk to the ground from there, free road parking and not much traffic to get stuck in on the way home. there's probably a lot of better places but if you put new road inn or the donkey pub into your satnav and then park on any side road round there you'll be fine. 

Just hide the " i love swansea" sticker on your car....

I presume you'll be coming up the M69? In which case I wouldn't recommend parking Welford Road area as traffic can be horrendous getting out.

You're best off parking on or around Fosse Rd South off Narbrough Road, maybe opposite the school... There's loads of free parking around there and about a 15 -20 minute walk to the ground. It's also a perfect get away to get back down out of Leicester to the South West.

1 hour ago, MacTheJack said:

Well Mac have you ever drank in The Cockett ? Not far from the Cefn Coed ? 

Some craic in there down the years 

3 hours ago, stevelcfc said:

Freemans common is where we park, loads of charity cars parks (think most are £4 though) or theres the fruit market down there for a £5'er. As with anywhere on match day will take a while to get out 

Last time we parked in one of those charity car parks our car was broken into. Never again. 

I would highly recommend getting parked up earlier than 2pm. If you can get there earlier you could try Shakespeare Street off Saffron Lane. I always park there. Plenty of spaces if you are there before 1pm. Then it's about a 15 min walk. 

How many people in your car?

Archived