Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrewsbury Blues

Pukka Pies

Am i in the minority of people who doesnt buy stadium food for any sporting event? Drinks for sure but i eat at home or will get something outside of a stadium before or after the game (depending if im hungry).

We dont get pukka pies because some fat bastard ....you know the rest 

33 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Am i in the minority of people who doesnt buy stadium food for any sporting event? Drinks for sure but i eat at home or will get something outside of a stadium before or after the game (depending if im hungry).

We dont get pukka pies because some fat bastard ....you know the rest 

I am 100% aware that stadium food is over priced trash. You'd be angry if a kebab shop gave you those burgers for half the price. 

I still buy them occasionally like an absolute mug. 

The Pukka connection was down to the fact that two former city directors (The Storeys) were the owners of Pukka Pies who's factory is in Syston.

Regardless of that they are the best quality pies that you can get by a country mile and any chippy that does not serve them will never get my custom. The fact that you can now buy them from the supermarket for cooking at home is great.

Not only do they taste better than any of the others but many years ago I did some work at their factory in Syston and actually saw how they are made. You really would be surprised at the quality of the ingredients that goes into them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

The Pukka connection was down to the fact that two former city directors (The Storeys) were the owners of Pukka Pies who's factory is in Syston.

Regardless of that they are the best quality pies that you can get by a country mile and any chippy that does not serve them will never get my custom. The fact that you can now buy them from the supermarket for cooking at home is great.

Not only do they taste better than any of the others but many years ago I did some work at their factory in Syston and actually saw how they are made. You really would be surprised at the quality of the ingredients that goes into them.

I want one now. With chips, mushy peas and plenty of salt and vinegar 

:P

• Like 1

I never had a pie in my life till I had a chicken Balti pie on the concourse , I don’t know what voodoo shite they put on them pies but I ate 3 of them that night ??

I actually start drooling looking forward to my next one, it’s possibly the best fast food I have ever eaten in my life , saying that I have never had a McDonalds/KFC/burgerKing in my 40 years on the planet so my fast food experience isn’t amazing 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Never had a pie in your life? Wow. I do agree though, a good pie does hit the spot.

No I never had one and never saw the need to eat bad meat in a chemical Sauce wrapped in transfatty Pastry (I know I need to live a bit) 

but those chicken balti pies are mad shite , I could eat one for breakfast 

41 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

No I never had one and never saw the need to eat bad meat in a chemical Sauce wrapped in transfatty Pastry (I know I need to live a bit) 

but those chicken balti pies are mad shite , I could eat one for breakfast 

The veggie ones my wife makes are 100% natural and totally delicious. :P 

• Thanks 1

I once took a bus full of under 15s to Old Trafford. As they sat in the stand I ordered 50 pies and started shuttling them to the lads one by one.

Just after the last pie had gone the guy says “That’s £200 please”

I was absolutely shocked at the price but not half as shocked as he was when I handed over the company credit card.

He said “It’s cash only”. I said “You’ll have to get your pies back then mate or get in touch with the club” :dunno::wave:

Who says there’s no such thing as a free ‘meal’

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

I never had a pie in my life till I had a chicken Balti pie on the concourse , I don’t know what voodoo shite they put on them pies but I ate 3 of them that night ??

I actually start drooling looking forward to my next one, it’s possibly the best fast food I have ever eaten in my life , saying that I have never had a McDonalds/KFC/burgerKing in my 40 years on the planet so my fast food experience isn’t amazing 

That’s Northfields mate

16 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

If you’ve never eaten a pie in your life then consider that the chicken balti you are drooling over could be a mere appetiser to the pukka steak and kidney ....