Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrewsbury Blues

Pukka Pies

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I noticed we have a new range of pies... didn't buy one but was surprised not just to see the standard pies usually on offer.

The King Power Pie - No idea whats in it, it didn't say!

The king power pie....full of spirit, and meaty heroics of King Richard III.  Plus a throne of Spicey:trumpet: ingredients...

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The only thing I would even contemplate eating at the ground was a Balti Pie and they've binned it?! 

Changing the subject slightly.

Don't tend to eat at the ground(know you've seen me so find that hard to believe)but the away pub I went to near WBAs ground serving Chicken Tikka & Nans gets my No 1 .Think you and your dad were there.

7 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Changing the subject slightly.

Don't tend to eat at the ground(know you've seen me so find that hard to believe)but the away pub I went to near WBAs ground serving Chicken Tikka & Nans gets my No 1 .Think you and your dad were there.

Oh mate it's the best thing I've ever eaten at the football by an absolute mile. Probably go as far as saying it's one of the best Indians I've ever had as well. Couple of them big skewer things, naan, chips, sorted. 

They've got rid of them.

Arsenal game was a nightmare. I queued for about 20 mins, asked for a steak pie "we haven't got any". Asked for a burger "we haven't got any".

On Saturday I just went chip shop and will do the same from now on. Get what I want and it's far cheaper.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

I noticed we have a new range of pies... didn't buy one but was surprised not just to see the standard pies usually on offer.

Probably explains what happened to Leon Crnic.....

42 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Don't want to overreact but if they've binned off the balti pies then that's the best three years of the club destroyed in my opinion, THAIS OUT. 

Maybe a new Thai green curry pie in the making?

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Funny you should mention it... They'd run out of steak pies so I asked the sales girl what was in the King Power pie. She looked at me puzzled :) Tried it anyway, it's some sort of chicken and sweetcorn thing.

Everyone's being reasonably positive I reckon. Realise it's a first world problem but I was rather attached to my Pukka pie at half-time. It was the benchmark by which I judged the pies at away games.

Couple of guys next to me had the sausage rolls, looked enormous.

For £3 though, and no offence to Pukka as I love them, you should be getting something better than a pie you can buy in a Supermarket for £1

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

Couple of guys next to me had the sausage rolls, looked enormous.

For £3 though, and no offence to Pukka as I love them, you should be getting something better than a pie you can buy in a Supermarket for £1

I went chip shop and got steak and kidney pie and large sausage for less than the cost of one pie in the ground.