Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:36, deejdeej said:

Just completed the epilogue, one of my favourite games of all time.

I don't get why some people feel the need to say they don't like the game over and over again, we get your point :appl::thumbup:

Just so you are aware, I don't like it lol 

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Finished the Exotic Strangers mission, 97.5% done, Hunting requests, one Ledgendary Animal, 7 Challanges and 8 Weapons away from 100%

Much harder than GTA V to 100%

That's a solid effort so far. It's the exotics and challenges that are putting me off

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That's a solid effort so far. It's the exotics and challenges that are putting me off

Exotics are not so bad, the Orchids all grow in the same places so assuming you've got no problem looking up where they are they are no tougher than any other collectible. The plumes are a little more frustrating as they are random spawn, I'd recommend not doing what I did and going in blind but looking at every plume you need and hunt all five types of bird from the start. As you have to shoot a lot of birds.

Some of the challenges are a pain but I sort of bared them all in mind as a progressed the game and got a lot done before the end of the epilogue, when I saw the opportunity to do one I did it. Again, they are not that hard really, a little fiddly here and there, would be more than happy to share any advice on any that are holding people up, I thought up some techniques that aren't on YouTube yet which are much better than most of the streamers have found so far. 

The Hunting Tasks you get in the post however I am not particularly looking forward to but we will see how we go. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

51 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Some of the challenges are a pain but I sort of bared them all in mind as a progressed the game and got a lot done before the end of the epilogue

I just wanted to power through the game so didn't pay much attention and should have done this. You going for the platinum as well?

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I just wanted to power through the game so didn't pay much attention and should have done this. You going for the platinum as well?

The Online's the issue with that, I've got a lot of them done including some of the more annoying ones, winning MVP online three times still not done and could take some time but I'm pretty confident I could do that, but level 50 sounds like a proper shift......most the people I play online with haven't really taken to RDR online and it could be a lonley existence. lol If they put the gambling in it it would be a start. 

But in short yes, but I'm not in a rush to get it. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The Online's the issue with that, I've got a lot of them done including some of the more annoying ones, winning MVP online three times still not done and could take some time but I'm pretty confident I could do that, but level 50 sounds like a proper shift......most the people I play online with haven't really taken to RDR online and it could be a lonley existence. lol If they put the gambling in it it would be a start. 

But in short yes, but I'm not in a rush to get it. 

I played online quite a bit (got a lot of time on my hands tbf) but the PVP stuff is fairly easy because of the auto aim and if you're composed enough to get headshots. I levelled up to 20 something quite quickly but I've not played much since because it's boring in all honesty.

The trophies about studying and skinning every animal seem a piss take

24 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I played online quite a bit (got a lot of time on my hands tbf) but the PVP stuff is fairly easy because of the auto aim and if you're composed enough to get headshots. I levelled up to 20 something quite quickly but I've not played much since because it's boring in all honesty.

The trophies about studying and skinning every animal seem a piss take

Yeah I don't lol I get the occasional full day and most Sunday afternoons that aside gaming mainly restricted to a few hours in the evenings which I far too often seem to spend in some sort of BR game.

Yes it's boring PVP, very boring. Death matches especially I'd need to play with someone. I think horse racing would be my preferred method to get the wins and from there maybe the missions and gang hideouts. There is just so much missing compared to GTA V or even RDR 1 online in it's complete state, bit more flexibility in the Multiplayer modes and some heists on top of the mini games being put in as I previously mentioned would be a start.

I sort of did that whilst moving from place to place as well lol and you do a fair bit of it doing a few of the other missions and without really trying I think i'm above 80% on both of them without even really trying. Think I'm above 90% for studying.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Had the day off on Friday. Kids were at school and the wife in Benidorm so I decided this was it. The last chance I will give this game before I trade it in. I thought I would just get through some missions. I've only ever lasted an hour each time I play.

6 Hours later and my daughter is knocking at the door, completely lost track of time, no lunch lol 

Finally the game has opened up and now I don't feel bored. The missions have been great and I have told myself to slow down and enjoy the surroundings. Been killed a few times but its good that you just spawn and lose a little money. Saying that though if I lose $1 I'm fuming as money seems hard to come by.

Love playing Poker and Blackjack.

Is there a quick way of making money in the game? I have a $300 bounty on my head after breaking Micah out and that is stupid money lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Had the day off on Friday. Kids were at school and the wife in Benidorm so I decided this was it. The last chance I will give this game before I trade it in. I thought I would just get through some missions. I've only ever lasted an hour each time I play.

6 Hours later and my daughter is knocking at the door, completely lost track of time, no lunch lol 

Finally the game has opened up and now I don't feel bored. The missions have been great and I have told myself to slow down and enjoy the surroundings. Been killed a few times but its good that you just spawn and lose a little money. Saying that though if I lose $1 I'm fuming as money seems hard to come by.

Is there a quick way of making money in the game? I have a $300 bounty on my head after breaking Micah out and that is stupid money lol 

Money isn't an issue later on

On 11/02/2019 at 08:46, kingcarr21 said:

If you've not taken it already, Limpany (the burned out town on the Dakota river near your chapter 2 camp) - there's a lock box in the sheriff's office that contains a gold bar

50% completion (although only early chapter 3). Doing challenges and Gambler 10 can get tae ****. I thought Gambler 8 was bad enough 

Edited by The Doctor

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

If you've not taken it already, Limpany (the burned out town on the Dakota river near your chapter 2 camp) - there's a lock box in the sheriff's office that contains a gold bar

50% completion (although only early chapter 3). Doing challenges and Gambler 10 can get tae ****. I thought Gambler 8 was bad enough 

I haven't looked at that. I will do some exploring and see what I can find. I'm still chapter 2 and I think 26% complete. What is gambler 10? I quite enjoy the gambling aspect so I'm intrigued as to what is it that makes it daunting to you lol 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I haven't looked at that. I will do some exploring and see what I can find. I'm still chapter 2 and I think 26% complete. What is gambler 10? I quite enjoy the gambling aspect so I'm intrigued as to what is it that makes it daunting to you lol 

Gambler 10 is win 3 hands of poker in a row. Theoretically easier than gambler 8 (win 3 hands of blackjack with at least 3 hits) but a right bloody pain. I've got to 2 hands twice and the next one opened with a 2 & 3, then a 3 & 5.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Gambler 10 is win 3 hands of poker in a row. Theoretically easier than gambler 8 (win 3 hands of blackjack with at least 3 hits) but a right bloody pain. I've got to 2 hands twice and the next one opened with a 2 & 3, then a 3 & 5.

Its easy. Wait till you have a big hand then draw them in and go big at the end , if you win you should be able to bluff them into folding next two hands.

finished the hunting requests, nightmare lol managed to get horseman challenges done in the process. So I think I’m 5 hunting challenges a legendary animal and 7 weapons in the compendium from the 100%. Tied into the weapons seems I’ve come all this way without doing the gun slingers side missions so I’ve actually got a bit of story going on again now lol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

53 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Its easy. Wait till you have a big hand then draw them in and go big at the end , if you win you should be able to bluff them into folding next two hands.

finished the hunting requests, nightmare lol managed to get horseman challenges done in the process. So I think I’m 5 hunting challenges a legendary animal and 7 weapons in the compendium from the 100%. Tied into the weapons seems I’ve come all this way without doing the gun slingers side missions so I’ve actually got a bit of story going on again now lol 

Did that several times at flatneck station, no luck. Moved to valentine, bust two players out first hand, one on one with the other and currently on 6 hands in a row won lol

57 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Moved onto the weapons expert challenges and the escalation on these lol

Kill 4 guys with dynamite.

Kill 4 guys with tomahawks.

Kill 15 guys with a long barreled gun.

Kill 9 guys stealthily with a bow.

Knife fight a bear and kill it without taking damage.

Poison throwing arrows will do the grizzly easy.

Can replay the mission "paying a social call" twice to do the bow one

Dynamtie is four with one stick. Kick off at Fort whatever it is called and start chucking it over the forts wall

Other two are easy

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Poison throwing arrows will do the grizzly easy.

Can replay the mission "paying a social call" twice to do the bow one

Dynamtie is four with one stick. Kick off at Fort whatever it is called and start chucking it over the forts wall

Other two are easy

Yeah, I got the dynamite and tomahawk easily enough - just tackled 4 bandits with my lasso, stacked them and hit them with both. Likewise replaying a social call. 

Didn't think of poison throwing knives, but then they don't work instantly so there's still dodging the bear

On 15/02/2019 at 18:32, The Doctor said:

Yeah, I got the dynamite and tomahawk easily enough - just tackled 4 bandits with my lasso, stacked them and hit them with both. Likewise replaying a social call. 

Didn't think of poison throwing knives, but then they don't work instantly so there's still dodging the bear

When I did it throwing one at him didn’t kill him, but it made stop in his tracks and seriously question his life. making him an easy target.

Rewrite of a post I made earlier today

I am now 45% complete and still on chapter 3. The missions are getting weirder. Just completed the mission to retrieve some lost circus animals lol 

How do you get perfect pelts? Is it with a bow and arrow? Guns and knives damage the pelt nd I have tried to lasso but they drag me around.

Need to get some hunting on the go as I have barely done any hunting

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Rewrite of a post I made earlier today

I am now 45% complete and still on chapter 3. The missions are getting weirder. Just completed the mission to retrieve some lost circus animals lol 

How do you get perfect pelts? Is it with a bow and arrow? Guns and knives damage the pelt nd I have tried to lasso but they drag me around.

Need to get some hunting on the go as I have barely done any hunting

If you lock onto an animal and press triangle (I think) it tells you what the best weapon to use for killing them is. Some of them need specially crafted ammo or arrows. It might also give you that info in the compendium but I'm not sure.

This game just cracks me up. Starting to get into the hunting element of the game. I have stopped all missions now whilst I just go hunting for perfect pelts. Managed to get deer, elk and badger perfect pelts so plenty still to do.

Whilst looking for deer I stumble across a meeting in the woods. A group of men in white cloaks lol. After a speech one of them sets fire to a big wooden cross, only to end up setting fire to himself, one other person ran into the cross and set fire to himself also. I'm just standing there pissing myself lol. Love all the random encounters in this. Had a women screaming for help complaining with a broken leg. Only for myself to get jumped by 2 blokes trying to rob me. Good old dead eye quickly sorts them out. Easy loot and go.

I've barely used the stage coach to get around (fast travel) just love getting on my horse and keeping an eye out for animals or random encounters.

Quick question, I went looking for the legendary bear. Now whenever i've entered the area previously It has prompted me to look for clues on where the bear is. I went there last night and didn't get any sort of prompt. Are there specific times I need to be there in order to find it or can I exploit the save system? If its not there then save and reload in the hope the game generates the animal I need?