Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

This game just cracks me up. Starting to get into the hunting element of the game. I have stopped all missions now whilst I just go hunting for perfect pelts. Managed to get deer, elk and badger perfect pelts so plenty still to do.

Whilst looking for deer I stumble across a meeting in the woods. A group of men in white cloaks lol. After a speech one of them sets fire to a big wooden cross, only to end up setting fire to himself, one other person ran into the cross and set fire to himself also. I'm just standing there pissing myself lol. Love all the random encounters in this. Had a women screaming for help complaining with a broken leg. Only for myself to get jumped by 2 blokes trying to rob me. Good old dead eye quickly sorts them out. Easy loot and go.

I've barely used the stage coach to get around (fast travel) just love getting on my horse and keeping an eye out for animals or random encounters.

Quick question, I went looking for the legendary bear. Now whenever i've entered the area previously It has prompted me to look for clues on where the bear is. I went there last night and didn't get any sort of prompt. Are there specific times I need to be there in order to find it or can I exploit the save system? If its not there then save and reload in the hope the game generates the animal I need?

Legendary Animals work differently to normal animals and they should around in the area of the map they occupy all times of night/day (I think) Odd you didn't get a prompt. I'd probably do it in the day to make sure though.

In other news 100% here , what a slog. 

• Like 1

Got my first legendary animal. The fox. Its good you don't have to worry about which weapon to use on them as its a guaranteed perfect pelt.

Starting to get some pelts together and decorating my camp, getting trinkets etc. I have now got onto chapter 4 in Saint Denis. Starting to focus on my challenges more now.

So glad I stuck to this game, was very close to trading it in. It is absolutely superb once you get through the start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

So glad I stuck to this game, was very close to trading it in. It is absolutely superb once you get through the start.

Same as how I felt, was really not keen to start with and then it all just seems to fall into place and I couldn't get enough.

• 2 weeks later...

This game feels like its never ending. The story just goes on and on. Not that I'm complaining as I don't want it to end. I can see myself trying to platinum this lol.

Mixing it up with the Army and the Indians so how much longer have I got? Think I'm on chapter 6

Just started this last week. Beginning to get the hang of it (seems much more complex than the previous title), but it still find myself shooting people that I'm trying to talk to. :angry: (on account of one is L2, the other R2)

5 hours ago, norfolkfox222 said:

Best game ive ever played. 

Got excited when i saw Red Dead 3 title...... guessing we will have to wait 10 years till we see that

Essentially Red Dead Redemption 2 is Red Dead 3 because Red Dead Redemption was a sequel itself.

Keep booting it up and doing a mission or two and just can't settle into a flow of it. Must've left it a month from the last time I played and another month the time before that. i've got to the swamp/bickering redneck families section of the story and have just burnt down a few crops with the Irish fella, the last mission I did was nicking some horses from the other family to then sell onto some twins who undercut and took the horses(why couldnt I just shoot them, take the money and sell the horses at a stable? Y'know like a down to earth murderous outlaw naturally should)

The little things really annoy me and detract, like every time you and the boys are out looting & shooting in disguise it's "Hey Arthur!" - wtf is the point in this bandana if you're shouting my name out infront of the train load of people we're holding up?

It took me a while to get into the last one to be honest and although I will say I did enjoy it, I certainly wouldn't have said it was my favourite R* game so maybe it's just me.

How's the online developing?

Ive not even clicked online tbh. Ive heard its not very good (don't think ive heard from you Manwell Pablo lol )

Played again last night, i must admit i feel like they are just dragging the story on a bit now. I'm doing missions for the Indians atm. It all looks like its going to kick off big style but every mission i do is just pushing more and more towards a war with the Army. I just want the war to start now cause I'm going to ruin people lol 

Keep doing challenges here and there. Might go on a treasure hunt tonight, ive found some treasure but got plenty still to find and i don't want to use a guide. I'm hoping that once the story is finished that the Online will have had an update.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive not even clicked online tbh. Ive heard its not very good (don't think ive heard from you Manwell Pablo lol )

Played again last night, i must admit i feel like they are just dragging the story on a bit now. I'm doing missions for the Indians atm. It all looks like its going to kick off big style but every mission i do is just pushing more and more towards a war with the Army. I just want the war to start now cause I'm going to ruin people lol 

Keep doing challenges here and there. Might go on a treasure hunt tonight, ive found some treasure but got plenty still to find and i don't want to use a guide. I'm hoping that once the story is finished that the Online will have had an update.

Oh I'd not hold your breath. They actually made it worse with the last update. Daily challenges were a good idea but the rest of it is still bare bones. With the Division 2 and Apex about it's not getting a look in. 

If you've actually not touched it all I can recommend the online story (although it's not finished) and going for the 10 random encounters trophies and a few of the others. It is fun for about 10 hours.

After that there is just nothing interesting about it really.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I am now into the Epilogue playing as John Marston. Once the Epilogue is finished do I stay as John Marston? So if I want to get 100% completion do I have to do this with John? Bit annoying if I do.

Impossible to 100% with Arthur even if you had tried.

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Impossible to 100% with Arthur even if you had tried.

Now I'm in the Epilogue I assumed that, I just didn't know if it gave you an option to choose a player with the map opened up. Oh well. Still loving the game. Still have so much to do

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally finished the main story for RDR2.

Started off really slow but once I got into it it's an absolute masterpiece. By the end though I thought they dragged it out a little. It does make me want to revisit RDR as I never finished that game. Got bored once I got to the 2nd island.

There is still loads of the map I have to uncover so I might carry on playing. Not sure there will be enough to keep me going. The compendium and challenges will probably bore me pretty quick.

Overall though I really enjoyed the game.

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I have finally finished the main story for RDR2.

Started off really slow but once I got into it it's an absolute masterpiece. By the end though I thought they dragged it out a little. It does make me want to revisit RDR as I never finished that game. Got bored once I got to the 2nd island.

There is still loads of the map I have to uncover so I might carry on playing. Not sure there will be enough to keep me going. The compendium and challenges will probably bore me pretty quick.

Overall though I really enjoyed the game.

Your Red Dead Redemption arc has been quite entertaining lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Your Red Dead Redemption arc has been quite entertaining lol 

Haha that has made me chuckle lol. For years i've been an advocate for RDR being a terrible game after so many people used to spout it being one of the best games on PlayStation. I only got RDR2 cause my dad got it for me and I thought that maybe now I'm older I would appreciate the slower pace compared to GTA (which I suppose was my downfall as a kid, comparing it to GTA)

When I started playing I immediately had flashbacks of doing RDR and getting bored. I was gutted. I left the game for weeks thinking I cant trade it in my dad would be gutted. I kept seeing people giving it 10/10 and thought what the hell am I missing. So I gave it one more go and said to myself just do the main missions so we can get the game going. That was all I needed to do to just fall in love with it. Never fast travelled, I just enjoyed getting on horseback and doing the random encounters and the graphics are stunning.

I am now tempted to download RDR and play it again, I'm sure I would enjoy it this time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Haha that has made me chuckle lol. For years i've been an advocate for RDR being a terrible game after so many people used to spout it being one of the best games on PlayStation. I only got RDR2 cause my dad got it for me and I thought that maybe now I'm older I would appreciate the slower pace compared to GTA (which I suppose was my downfall as a kid, comparing it to GTA)

When I started playing I immediately had flashbacks of doing RDR and getting bored. I was gutted. I left the game for weeks thinking I cant trade it in my dad would be gutted. I kept seeing people giving it 10/10 and thought what the hell am I missing. So I gave it one more go and said to myself just do the main missions so we can get the game going. That was all I needed to do to just fall in love with it. Never fast travelled, I just enjoyed getting on horseback and doing the random encounters and the graphics are stunning.

I am now tempted to download RDR and play it again, I'm sure I would enjoy it this time

Not long now until you struggle to operate the sky remote and your favourite games are train simulator and puzzle games.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just finished this and it's going to leave a huge hole. 

Utterly brilliant. Fantastic graphics, compelling storyline, actually awesome voice acting (more titles need to invest in this), and varied tasks. 

This is probably the greatest game I've ever played. Maybe not the one I've enjoyed the MOST, but definitely the greatest. 

I'm actually sorry to finish it.